Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

Quote from: crazylove on Feb 12, 2013, 05:53 PM
Quote from: TEO on Feb 12, 2013, 05:07 PM
THANKS GUYS!  I am at a point in my life when I could not be any happier! 25th anniv., impending retirement, wonderful son getting married to a wonderful gurl, purty good shape, 55th birday 3-3, good friends in my good jacket peeps, superior intellect, hair, hopslam, and plenty of travel on the horizon... :shocked: :thumbsup: :evil: :cheesy: :kiss: :beer: :drum:

Uh, the statement about superior intellect may be true. But his memory is not so superior.  He fed the dog and then asked me about 15 minutes later"If I(meaning crazylove)had fed the dog?!"  Guess that's the kinda stuff that happens after being married to me for 25 years! :grin:

Happy anniversary you two!

and he probably didn't forget, he's probably trying to get extra treats for his little baby girl..TEO SNEAKY

ericm--nice job!!

whippy---very jealous, hoping the stone roses announce more US dates :-(  been hearing rumors for 2 years
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 13, 2013, 09:44 AM
whippy---very jealous, hoping the stone roses announce more US dates :-(  been hearing rumors for 2 years

As am I!  I want to see the Roses soooo effing bad!  We need a full on US tour from them!!!   :beer:

Penny Lane

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Feb 13, 2013, 10:34 AM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 13, 2013, 09:44 AM

As am I!  I want to see the Roses soooo effing bad!  We need a full on US tour from them!!!   :beer:

they are no 1 on my bucket list..

Penny Lane

Happy music sweethearts day, all my music sweethearts!  :cheesy: :cheesy:
pfffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttttt

Fully

Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you all get to Pokemon!

headhunter

Quote from: Fully on Feb 14, 2013, 10:50 AM
Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you all get to Pokemon!

Happy VD Beth.   Thanks for cracking me up!!

was some shakin' and some record playin'

johnnYYac

My winter break begins... now!  Well deserved week vacation following our Winter Carnival week at the high school where I teach... and co-advise the freshman class.  You can imagine...  Looking forward to getting together with some pals from high school and college days this weekend, no wives or kids.  We might try paintball, but with another snowstorm coming, we'll probably just stay in and drink hard.  Some things never change!  :evil:  :beer:  :wink:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

e_wind

Just booked a flight to Guatemala. So my summer is probably complete $ wise, and is looking like

Jim cbus, Jim Nashville, Jim louisville, shaky knees, NOLA, forecastle, Guatemala. Pumped.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

capt. scotty

As some of you know, my "accelerated 2nd degree" nursing program of 16 months actually took me 40 months due to various roadblocks - although had I not had 1 roadblock, I would not have been able to be at the T5 run, so I think everything happens for a reason. Graduated in December, and on Tuesday took my state boards exam. I felt confident going in, but by the time it was done, I didnt feel like I did very well. Its pass/fail, and when the test shuts off for you at a question between #75-#265, it doesnt tell you your result. I had around 120 questions, and it shut off after a question I didnt feel good about. I felt so uneasy about it, I could barely even enjoy my stop at the Dogfish Head Alehouse. Driving home for almost 5 hours afterwards didnt help either.

After a few torturous days of not knowing if I passed or failed, found out today Im officially a registered nurse in VA (and 23 other states across the US of A). 

:bath: :bath: :bath: :bath: :bath:
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Crispy

Quote from: capt. scotty on Mar 15, 2013, 04:57 PM
As some of you know, my "accelerated 2nd degree" nursing program of 16 months actually took me 40 months due to various roadblocks - although had I not had 1 roadblock, I would not have been able to be at the T5 run, so I think everything happens for a reason. Graduated in December, and on Tuesday took my state boards exam. I felt confident going in, but by the time it was done, I didnt feel like I did very well. Its pass/fail, and when the test shuts off for you at a question between #75-#265, it doesnt tell you your result. I had around 120 questions, and it shut off after a question I didnt feel good about. I felt so uneasy about it, I could barely even enjoy my stop at the Dogfish Head Alehouse. Driving home for almost 5 hours afterwards didnt help either.

After a few torturous days of not knowing if I passed or failed, found out today Im officially a registered nurse in VA (and 23 other states across the US of A). 

Congratulations, Scotty!  :beer: :beer: :beer:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Fully

That's fantastic news!!!!

weeniebeenie

Great news Scotty!
How loud can silence get?

iLikeBeer

Nicely done Scotty!   :beer:

capt. scotty

Thank you Crispy, Fully, Weenie & ILB!! Trust you me, its been a long haul.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Hawkeye

Quote from: capt. scotty on Mar 15, 2013, 04:57 PM

Congrats, man!  Although I have not personally gone through that, I FEEL like I have...being married to (and dating in the past( several RN's).   :beer:
We could.

capt. scotty

Thanks Hawkeye! Got my certificate of licensure in the mail yesterday!!

Back five in effect!

johnnYYac

Congrats, Scotty!  I thought I posted such, by iPhone, two days ago, but apparently... Anyway, nice to have you done and ready to save the world.  Good luck on the job front, or do you already have a position?
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

capt. scotty

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 17, 2013, 06:23 PM
Congrats, Scotty!  I thought I posted such, by iPhone, two days ago, but apparently... Anyway, nice to have you done and ready to save the world.  Good luck on the job front, or do you already have a position?

Thanks Yac! No, I dont have a job locked up, but Im focusing on Norfolk/VA Beach area. If not there, Wilmington, NC or Charleston or Myrtle, SC. Im hoping to go coastal.

getinthevan

I haven't posted in far too long.  No real reason, I suppose I just needed a break.  Since I was last here, I moved to Nashville, started dating one of my best friends from my hometown, moved to Denver, got back into school, rode my bicycle from Denver to Michigan, and am getting married this summer!  Life has a funny way of working out and after this board being such a big part of things (regardless of that feeling like it was a lifetime ago), I feel like I should try to reconnect.  Hope everyone is doing well.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Penny Lane

Quote from: getinthevan on Apr 01, 2013, 09:14 PM
I haven't posted in far too long.  No real reason, I suppose I just needed a break.  Since I was last here, I moved to Nashville, started dating one of my best friends from my hometown, moved to Denver, got back into school, rode my bicycle from Denver to Michigan, and am getting married this summer!  Life has a funny way of working out and after this board being such a big part of things (regardless of that feeling like it was a lifetime ago), I feel like I should try to reconnect.  Hope everyone is doing well.

wow, van! what a ride it's been for you..(literally)..welcome back and congratulations!