Palin's Bra: Support for Quitters (of nicotine delivery products)

Started by johnnYYac, Jan 01, 2011, 11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluesky

if at all possible find somewhere outside that you can be alone or at least far enough from people, and then SCREAM as loud and as strong as you possibly can

woodnymph

Quote from: T5 wizzard on Jan 26, 2011, 10:24 PM
Hanging in there with y'all. Day 38 and I am mostly craving free.  Except for the afternoons when someone pisses me off, annoys me or I am feeling stressed.  I just get this overwhelming desire for a cigarette.  How do non-smokers handle this?  I can't just go off on someone....well I could.  But that wouldn't be very nice.  And I try to be nice.  Any suggestions? 
*(counting to 10 does not work, fyi)
Oh man good job wizzard!! You've got allllll the ammo you need with all of the tobacco industry stuff I see you postin! Great job! :thumbsup:

As for non-smokin' and handlin the mood thang..... I like Val's idea!!!!  Go Lennon on everyone!  For me it's customers and family that give my nerves a run for their money. (And DRIVING holding up the bottom of that list.... way more short-lived, but noticeable anger none-the-less....) Then I even get sucked into the trap of feeling bad about being so miserable.  That's a dead-end street.... One neat thing I notice is taking fish oil as a supplement. The foul moods seem less frequent and shorter-lived, though there are still a handful here or there.  I dunno, guess it depends on the psychology behind your smokes.. like were they 'rewards' of some sort or did they just seem to ease things.... cause once that's pinned down, you might could find other types of things to replace the wants/needs....

And counting to 10! Hahah I think that was supposed to be some sort of western mantra thing, originally. To get your attention away from whatever's going on and focus on those numbers.  But now it's gotten 'boy-cries-wolf' status or something and is just kind of annoying heh  And deep breathing may bring some short-lived relief, but it's not always long-term.... guess it depends on all your variables, like what all you're dealin with and how often, and are you able to get away from everything for any period of time?

I dunno! I sure ain't a psychologist, but I guess that's my take on some of that stuff, from a non-smoker point of viewwww.... glad to hear you're taking it by storm!!! :-D  And sorry if I've repeated anything from previous posts or anything!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

johnnYYac

Quote from: tdb810 on Jan 31, 2011, 03:19 PM
How Y'all doin'?
Day 31 smoke free.  Thanks for asking.  See you in 12 days, when it'll be day 43!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

tdb810

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 31, 2011, 04:08 PM
How Y'all doin'?
Day 31 smoke free.  Thanks for asking.  See you in 12 days, when it'll be day 43!
Both of those things just made me  :)
Yahoooooooooooo

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

How Y'all doin'?

hell yeah, that's pretty bad ass dude.  now all you gotta do is quit the heroin.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Jan 31, 2011, 09:40 PM
How Y'all doin'?

hell yeah, that's pretty bad ass dude.  now all you gotta do is quit the heroin.
One thing at a time.  I'm only human.

headhunter

was some shakin' and some record playin'

the_wizzard

tdb810

johnnYYac

Quote from: T5 wizzard on Feb 19, 2011, 05:54 PM
Day 62 and counting...how is everyone else doing?
Way to go, Ms. Wiz.  Day 50 for me.  Doing okay.

Ruckus

If its day 50 for JY, it's 48 or 49 for me.  Nice job all around guys :thumbsup:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

the_wizzard

Quote from: tdb810 on Feb 19, 2011, 09:35 PM

That's awesome Wizzard!!!!
Thanks!  Best part is that I am off the meds!  I did not even need the full 12 weeks...

tdb810

Quote from: T5 wizzard on Feb 20, 2011, 01:48 PM
Quote from: tdb810 on Feb 19, 2011, 09:35 PM

That's awesome Wizzard!!!!
Thanks!  Best part is that I am off the meds!  I did not even need the full 12 weeks...

Excellent news! You took Chantix right?  We have done a couple of studies with that stuff! It's amaaaaaaaaazing!!

Ruckus

Fell off the wagon and smoked 4 cigarettes last night.  I guess I felt no sense of accountability because I wasn't hanging out with my normal crew of friends and kinda slipped after having a few too many drinks.  I'm good though.  Time to get back on track.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

johnnYYac

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 06, 2011, 01:31 PM
Fell off the wagon and smoked 4 cigarettes last night.  I guess I felt no sense of accountability because I wasn't hanging out with my normal crew of friends and kinda slipped after having a few too many drinks.  I'm good though.  Time to get back on track.
I appreciate your honesty, Rob.  You are forgiven, my son.

I'm still going strong- 65 days.  I just need to wean off of these Nicorette 2-mg mini-lozenges (about 3-4 per day).

TheBigChicken

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 06, 2011, 01:40 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 06, 2011, 01:31 PM
I appreciate your honesty, Rob.  You are forgiven, my son.

I'm still going strong- 65 days.  I just need to wean off of these Nicorette 2-mg mini-lozenges (about 3-4 per day).

gotta be feeling a little bit better right ?
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

the_wizzard

Day 97....I cannot believe I have made it this far.  Only used Chantix for the first 49 days, but that was critical to my success.  How are you all doing?

johnnYYac

Good work, Ms. Wiz.  I'm at Day 86 m'self.  Feeling a bit stressed lately, feeling a bit like I did at the beginning, but a cigarette doesn't fit the bill.  Maybe a good beer, something like that.

Next is picking up an elliptical trainer to help lose the weight I've gained from this and previous attempts to quit. 

Where's the ashtray?

tdb810

Awesome y'all! Very, very impressed! 
So happy for everyone, and I'm sure all of your loved ones are super psyched too!!!