Palin's Bra: Support for Quitters (of nicotine delivery products)

Started by johnnYYac, Jan 01, 2011, 11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALady

Impressive work, you guys!  Keep it up!   :thumbsup:

Gotta say the Ruckus altar boy pic has scarred me for life, though.   ;D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

johnnYYac

Today makes 130 days tobacco free!  Still having cravings, but...no butts.  Now, when I'm out of breath, its usually a good thing.  ;)

I think Ms. Wiz was holdin' strong.  How's everyone else doing?  Tomorrow would be a great day to quit!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

the_wizzard

Today is day 141 or 142 (something like that).  Still suffer from cravings too.  What is crazy is that I just want to smoke something.  Just not cigarettes (nasty-icky-poo-poo).  Luckily, in Oregon, there is help for that  ;)

Ruckus

Congratulations guys!  I wish I can say the same but I've been an on and off'er since mid March.  Days w/o then weekends with and I haven't been able to kick it for more than three days at a time.  I might attempt to dabble in the E Cigs.  Tried one at the bar a few weeks back and it did the trick.

Keep it up.  You guys are the beacon of hope I continue to chase. :thumbsup:

Per usual I blame Johnny because of the above posted photoshop job.  I too lose sleep over that picture.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

johnnYYac

Quote from: Ruckus on May 10, 2011, 10:16 PM
Congratulations guys!  I wish I can say the same but I've been an on and off'er since mid March.  Days w/o then weekends with and I haven't been able to kick it for more than three days at a time.  I might attempt to dabble in the E Cigs.  Tried one at the bar a few weeks back and it did the trick.

Keep it up.  You guys are the beacon of hope I continue to chase. :thumbsup:

Per usual I blame Johnny because of the above posted photoshop job.  I too lose sleep over that picture.
Sorry, I was in a hurry for some reason.  Bad photoshopping is a bit unsettling.

johnnYYac

The lack of postings here could suggest folks have fallen off the wagon, but you can always hop on again.

I started smoking at age 18, in college.  I only smoked when I drank, but boy did I drink in college!  I continued smoking over a pack a day until the age of 43.  That's 25 years!

I quit at 1:30 AM on January 1st of this year, hopefully for the last time, after MANY attempts, some over a year.  Its been tough, but this thread really helped me.  Maybe it could help you.

Today marks 204 days cigarette-free!

A HUGE shout out to our mahg33ta, Kyle, who offered me a poster if I made it 4 months.  It was after 7 months that I saw what he had for me.  I can't express my gratitude, but the picture below will explain itself.  His generous gift will help ensure I remain smoke free. 

Thanks, Kyle.  You are a true friend.

Perhaps one of the first MMJ posters, c. 1999.  Awesome.

e_wind

Sweet poster! I've only been smoking 5 years (I'm only 21) and I smoke on average half a pack a day. I don't consider myself a hard addict, but when I try to quit, itd hard, so maybe I am. The funny thing is, when I drink, which is a lot, I smoke wayyy more, but I think in my head how bad it is. I always have the excuse that I wanna have the best time possible at events in the future, so I'll quit smoking afterwords. For example, I want to quit, but I know I'll be drinking an partying a lot in Colorado in 2 weeks, so I'll quit after that.  :(

I need to, smoking is so bad. Took my grandma a month ago. She DID smoke from age 15-82... She must've had quite the strong body to stay healthy for that long and smoke a couple packs a day.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

e_wind

It's been one week since I smoked a cig. I have an app that tells me how many cigs I haven't smoked, money saved, etc. When I hit 150$ saved I'm buying a RCMH Burwell as a reward

Ruckus

Quote from: e_wind on Aug 24, 2011, 11:16 PM
It's been one week since I smoked a cig. I have an app that tells me how many cigs I haven't smoked, money saved, etc. When I hit 150$ saved I'm buying a RCMH Burwell as a reward
Good luck man!  Nice way to motivate. 

WTF?!  The secada I thought I terminated is now buzzing around my living room again.  I digress.

Keep it up man.  I made it 4 months then fell off.  Now I'm down to about a pack a week.  I never take smokes to work and I only have no more than a few on weekends when necessary.  Must take it to the next level.  That app sounds helpful.  That or ecigs.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

e_wind

I've quit quitting so many times, and always say "fuck it im young." I've gotten drunk with friends a couple nights, gone to an MMJ show, worked, and gone to class in the past week - 4 places I surely would enjoy smoking. not to mention traffic. so I feel I'm off to the best start yet. I fear this weekend, its my sisters wedding and I know I'm gonna get hammered and be in a extra good mood. dangerous.

Everynight after work we close and drink beers and play cards and smoke inside, which is my favorite time to smoke, tonight I passed, I feel good about it.

johnnYYac

Way to go, Eric.  Its tough business. 

I think I may have let a cigarette touch my lips at MMJ in Boston, but can't say for sure, which is self-explanatory and shall, therefore, not count.  ;) 

Except for that minor uncertainty, I'm 100% cig-free since 1:30 am on Jan. 1, 2011!  This thread is a major reason for my success.

ALady

the_wizzard

Today is day 249 for me  :o

I am immensely proud of this fact and cannot believe that I smoked for so long.  Now that I am a non-smoker, I find cigarettes to be extremely gross and toxic.  But I still do want to "smoke" from time to time.  But the nasty factor keeps me from caving.

e_wind, I hope you scroll through the back log of this thread to find support.  I could not have done it without the support found here.  And may I say congratulations!  It will get easier over time.

ALady

StaggerLee

Perfect.  I have been a smoker for about 15 years.  Its time to stop.  I am not going to say that I am quitting tomorrow; but i am getting myself geared up to quit in the next month.  Good to have a place to vent and get support.  The more I read these boards the more I love it.  More to come later; once i get myself into quitting mode.
Flip Flip Flipadelphia

mahg33ta

I will match the offer I gave to John to anyone else on this thread.

Announce on here you are quitting smoking, and hold out for 4 months, and I'll send you an MMJ poster.    I can't promise it'll be a tennessee fire era one.

Must be a serious, regular smoker (and on honor system!)

e_wind

i'm quitting smoking. according to my phone its been 8 days and 11 hours. I've not smoked 126 cigarettes. (i based that on about 6 packs a week. a little less than one a day)

the_wizzard

Quote from: mahg33ta on Aug 26, 2011, 08:14 PM

Announce on here you are quitting smoking, and hold out for 4 months, and I'll send you an MMJ poster.    I can't promise it'll be a tennessee fire era one.

ehem, 9 months strong here
*cough cough*

;)

mahg33ta

Quote from: e_wind on Aug 26, 2011, 09:03 PM
i'm quitting smoking. according to my phone its been 8 days and 11 hours. I've not smoked 126 cigarettes. (i based that on about 6 packs a week. a little less than one a day)

Definitely a good poster for you, e_wind!!

mahg33ta

Quote from: the_wizzard on Aug 26, 2011, 09:26 PM
Quote from: mahg33ta on Aug 26, 2011, 08:14 PM

ehem, 9 months strong here
*cough cough*

;)

Well, I can't supply everyone who's ever quit, but since that was right around Johnny's start too, that sounds fair!  PM me your address....