Boston BoA * August 14 * Roll Call

Started by johnnYYac, May 11, 2011, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Quote from: Natonate99 on Aug 16, 2011, 04:46 PM
i agree with u johnny and maybe its just because you did it but ive seen 3 shows on this tour so far and it breaks down like this:

victory dance x3
circuital x3
off the record x3
im amazed x3
gideon x3
smokin from shootin x3
first light x3
run thru(end of) x3
touch me pt 2 x3
mahgeetah x3
wordless chorus x3
black metal x3
one big holiday x3

lay low x2
outta my system x2
wonderful x2
golden x2
anytime x2
you wanna freak out x2
slow slow tune x2
honest man x2
dondante x2
movin away x2

the way that he sings
the dark
phone went west
the day is coming
touch me pt 1
highly suspicious
the bear
steam engine
strangulation
knot comes loose
evelyn is not real
islands in the stream

i really think thats pretty good variety. and like crispy said, if i ever start to get bored with the band or their setlists, ill move on. but i dont see that happening anytime soon for me
Now I'm still happy, and three of my shows were fests, but your three covered a lot of ground.  Good for you (yeah, I'm a tad jealous).  What shows were these?

I'm also realizing, I did not see Wonderful (TWIF) in 5 shows this summer.  Saw it plenty in 2010, though, and YY solo @ Newport.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Bigsky

Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 16, 2011, 11:43 AM
I looked back at the 5 shows I saw this summer.  Three festivals (2 hours, 20 songs, no break)- Mt. Jam, Ottawa, Lolla; and 2 non-fest shows (2.5 hours, 24-26 songs, short break, opening act)- Montreal and Boston.

Here's the combined setlist. 

Victory Dance x5
Circuital x5
The Day Is Coming x5
Off The Record x5
Gideon x5
I'm Amazed x5
Golden x5
Outta My System x5
Holdin On To Black Metal x5
Slow Slow Tune x5
Smokin From Shootin x5
Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Pt.2 x5
One Big Holiday x5
Wordless Chorus x5
Mahgeetah x5

(end of) Run Thru x4
Dancefloors x4
Dondante x4

You Wanna Freak Out x3
First Light x3

Highly Suspicious x2
Anytime x2
The Way That he Sings x2
It Beats 4 U x2
Honest Man x2

Phone Went West x1
Heartbreakin Man x1
Steam Engine x1
Carnival Time x1
Evil Urges x1
Movin Away x1
I Will Sing You Songs x1
Lay Low x1
Islands In The Stream x1

I would have liked to hear some tunes I've yet to see live in three years and over a dozen shows (War Begun, Just One Thing, The Bear, etc.), but I do not feel shorted. 

Its not just the name of the songs on the set list.  Its the performance, the crowd, the town, the weather, the chemicals (or not), how full your bladder gets, your age, the amount of money in your wallet.  If you like what you see, great.  Come back for more.  If you don't, I'll take your spot. 

I respect everyone's opinion and (believe me) feel a bit disappointed by setlists like Boston.. but only to a point.  I'll never see another show like it, even though I've seen every song on that setlist at least twice already (only "new" song for me in Boston was Islands in the Stream; only one Movin' Away in 5 shows!).

:thumbsup:

JaneCool

Well, what can I say - another fabulous show! I swear, they just keep getting better and better and I can't believe next Tuesday is the last I'll see this phenomenal band for a while.  :'(

I really liked the venue, it was clean and really cool to look at all lit up, I noticed they carry one of our biggest selling wines where I work by bottle so that was great to see, plus there was never a wait for the bathroom line, that's important when you're in a hurry!  ;)

Of course it was wonderful to see some of you again - great seeing you again John and meeting your wife Michelle, I hope to see her at more shows! Nice to see Kyle and meet your wife too, albeit briefly, and Anthony and Amy (and I hope that's her name because I'm terrible with names!) So great to meet Jenn (mymorningtubetop) as well, hope you can make it to Philly! And of course my good friend Eric, always enjoy seeing MMJ with you - funny how I'm the one who got you into this band and you're way more active on here and a part of the group than I am. I know I met a couple of other people but again, I'm terrible with names and it was very brief. Hopefully we'll meet up again one of these days.

Anyhow - here are a few of my shots, we were sort of far back so they're not my best but hopefully I'll get some better ones on Tuesday. Enjoy!

So, I do believe.....

JaneCool

So, I do believe.....

Natonate99

Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 16, 2011, 08:56 PM
Quote from: Natonate99 on Aug 16, 2011, 04:46 PM
i agree with u johnny and maybe its just because you did it but ive seen 3 shows on this tour so far and it breaks down like this:

victory dance x3
circuital x3
off the record x3
im amazed x3
gideon x3
smokin from shootin x3
first light x3
run thru(end of) x3
touch me pt 2 x3
mahgeetah x3
wordless chorus x3
black metal x3
one big holiday x3

lay low x2
outta my system x2
wonderful x2
golden x2
anytime x2
you wanna freak out x2
slow slow tune x2
honest man x2
dondante x2
movin away x2

the way that he sings
the dark
phone went west
the day is coming
touch me pt 1
highly suspicious
the bear
steam engine
strangulation
knot comes loose
evelyn is not real
islands in the stream

i really think thats pretty good variety. and like crispy said, if i ever start to get bored with the band or their setlists, ill move on. but i dont see that happening anytime soon for me
Now I'm still happy, and three of my shows were fests, but your three covered a lot of ground.  Good for you (yeah, I'm a tad jealous).  What shows were these?

I'm also realizing, I did not see Wonderful (TWIF) in 5 shows this summer.  Saw it plenty in 2010, though, and YY solo @ Newport.

7/11 at Kool Haus in toronto, 8/4 Red Rocks, and 8/10 Pittsburgh. torontos set lasted about 3 hours, red rocks and pitt were both about 2 1/2 hours. but hey you got dancefloors 4 x, the day is coming 5 x, heartbreakin man, evil urges and carnival time. which im extremely jealous of
"Oh Life, You have a tough time competing with MMJ..."
MMJ: CMAC, T5, Toronto, Red Rocks, Pittsburgh

YungYave

i miss having the band around :'(
his arms were thin, and off into the night they ran

jorma1

Quote from: gOrdO55 on Aug 15, 2011, 10:24 AM
Quote from: mahg33ta on Aug 11, 2011, 09:43 AM
Quote from: gOrdO55 on Aug 10, 2011, 07:46 PM
I'm there...with gear!

I think you are the guy that taped the 08 BoA Boston show, and if so, Bravo - I listened to that many many times over the years.

I'm guessing you are the gordo55 from expressobeans, and if so, I sent you a PM there  :thumbsup:

The one and the same.  Got your note on Expressobeans, I'll have to dig thru the Hatch file and see what we can work out.  Make me an offer.  I AM looking for last night's Burwell if you have any leads and have some pretty good old school MMJ posters as trade fodder.

Taped last nite at the corner of sbd (stage left).  Much better situation this time around...mics weren't handheld like last time.  Thanks to the folks who let me join 'em in their seats to get this done.  Show will be on Dime and Trader's Den in the next couple of days.  Nak700's -> DR100 / RC, corner of SBD / ~12 ft high.  I basically set it and forgot it so will be listening and mastering tonite.  Finger's crossed.

any luck with the tape?

gOrdO55

Quote from: jorma1 on Aug 19, 2011, 05:51 PM
any luck with the tape?

Listening to and track ID'g now.  S/b up on Dime & TTD w/n a few days.  I'll post when it's up!

cheers,
gOrdO

johnnYYac

Bless you, my good man!

From an article written pre-show.

The circular splendor of My Morning Jacket
By NOLAN GAWRON  |  August 9, 2011

Recent years seem like a highlight reel played in fast forward: Evil Urges was nominated for a Grammy, director Todd Haynes filmed their recent hometown record-release show with Erykah Badu, James recorded with the Roots and performed at last year's White House tree-lighting ceremony, and the band was recently featured on VH1's Storytellers. "I'm not sure what my ultimate goal is," says James. "I'm just happy to be making a living making art. I just want to be a peaceful being on this Earth."

MY MORNING JACKET | Bank of America Pavilion, 290 Northern Ave, Boston | August 14 @ 7 pm | 18+ | $12                                                          
                                                                                                                                                  ^ I wish. ^

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

foomex

Hey johnnYYac are thos videos yours?
If they are... do you have more? (I want "Beats4U") :(
thx.

EDIT: Can't wait for the audio gordo55

tinnitus photo

here's my review and photos from the show:
http://www.prefixmag.com/photos/my-morning-jacket-neko-case-bank-of-america-pavili/

third show i've seen, and another great one.

more shots at my site