The NFL Thread: 2012

Started by capt. scotty, Apr 25, 2012, 03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHIMMJFAN

The Jim Harbaugh hate cracks me up, to each is own. He is a coach that really does seem to get under people's skin. For me, he has assembled a great coaching staff and he knows where to implement his "head coaching" and when to leave the rest of the gameplan to other coaches.
Yesterday was obviously a poor showing for the coaches (too much breaking up rhythm at the QB spot), not sticking to the run, and to be honest getting too cute with the gameplan. We know who the Giants are, respect given for the game yesterday but the 49ers are better than they played yesterday.
Onto the next game, one team I definitely hate more than the Giants is the Seahawsk!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

Northern Neighbour

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Oct 15, 2012, 12:49 PM
My god?!  Only the Cowboys can rack up almost 500 yards of total offense, 220 yards rushing and win the time of possession battle 40 minutes to 20 and still lose the effing game???

When Jason Garrett is fired won't be soon enough!

Yeah.  The Boys played a very good game, but a few costly mistakes were the difference - Jones' 108-yard  KO return for a TD, Romo's INT and the defence's inability to bail him out was a 7- or possibly 10-point swing, and the dropped 2-pt conversion by Bryant. 

Yesterday's game basically summed up the Boys' recent history (i.e., since 2006) - some great moments, some costly mental lapses, and just not good enough to win.

iLikeBeer

To add to it, how about the absolute abhorrent clock management after the Cowboys recovered the onside kick.  One play with almost 30 seconds on the clock AND a timeout?  Inexcuseable and that is stuff that falls back on the HC.  I like Jason Garrett as a coordinator, but I'm sorry, he just doesn't seem to have what it takes to get this team to turn the corner as a head coach...

Oh, and I'd take Jim Harbaugh in a heartbeat to come and coach the Cowboys...  :beer:

Tracy 2112

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Oct 15, 2012, 03:32 PM
To add to it, how about the absolute abhorrent clock management after the Cowboys recovered the onside kick.  One play with almost 30 seconds on the clock AND a timeout?  Inexcuseable and that is stuff that falls back on the HC.  I like Jason Garrett as a coordinator, but I'm sorry, he just doesn't seem to have what it takes to get this team to turn the corner as a head coach...

And Romo is smiling, looked like he was laughing, when he was walking off the field after calling a TO. I totally don't get that guy. I don't believe in hating athletes or coaches, but I have a really hard time liking that guy (or understanding him)
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

johnnYYac

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Oct 15, 2012, 12:49 PM
My god?!  Only the Cowboys can rack up almost 500 yards of total offense, 220 yards rushing and win the time of possession battle 40 minutes to 20 and still lose the effing game???

When Jason Garrett is fired won't be soon enough!
that sounds a bit like my Pats yesterday in Seattle. A damn shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

capt. scotty

Quote from: walterfredo on Oct 15, 2012, 01:28 PM
yesterday was possibly the worst day of my life.  Both of my teams lost and I had to listen to effin' Joe Buck announce BOTH games.  I hate that guy.  :angry:

:grin:

I hate Joe Buck too, but thats kind of funny in a twisted way. I wouldve muted the games sooner rather than later. The best thing Joe Buck has ever been a part of was Artie Lange ripping him to pieces on the series premiere of the short-lived Joe Buck Live
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

Quote from: Jon T. on Oct 19, 2012, 11:08 AM
I know I'm late with this, but did anyone see this?

http://deadspin.com/5947408/falcons-safety-thomas-decoud-played-the-meow-game-during-an-interview-on-sportscenter
Funny a friend mentioned this video to me on Thursday and I watched it yesterday thanks to your reminder.  It was very well done.  Bravo!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

johnnYYac

Settling in to Jets v. Patriots. Where are those Jet fans?  Go Pats!

ericm

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 21, 2012, 04:24 PM
Settling in to Jets v. Patriots. Where are those Jet fans?  Go Pats!

Can't speak for them John, but as long as us Giant fans have Eli, no matter how rough a game he has, he's always there when it counts! I'll take  a very tough division win, and move on.  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

johnnYYac

I need a good win to help me recover from last week.

Wooooop!  104 yard kickoff return for 6! That's the stuff!

johnnYYac

Gronk!

johnnYYac

Uh oh. Here we blow again.

johnnYYac

D!!!!!! Yes!

Jets 26  Pats 29  OT

Good game, a nail biter.

manonthemoon

Its always a good day when my phins are beating the FAT man.  I wonder what his excuse will be this time?
Alive or Just Breathing

Northern Neighbour

The Boys will be Boys. 

:undecided:

capt. scotty

Quote from: Northern Neighbour on Oct 28, 2012, 11:04 PM
The Boys will be Boys. 

Only caught the 2nd half, but it was a very entertaining game.

I was literally hoping they gave Dez the catch just based on effort and big time play, and I always want the correct call.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

iLikeBeer

Quote from: capt. scotty on Oct 31, 2012, 10:32 PM
The Boys will be Boys. 

Only caught the 2nd half, but it was a very entertaining game.

I was literally hoping they gave Dez the catch just based on effort and big time play, and I always want the correct call.

Take away that first quarter and the Cowboys would have ran away from the G-men?!

That Dez no catch kind of just typifies Dez Bryant's career.  He is so close to being a great receiver in this league but he always just seems to have a finger out of bounds.  Whether it's spacing out and fumbling punt returns, running bad/lazy routes that result in Romo int's, etc, etc.  If he could ever get out of his own way, he could be very good...

ItBeats4Jew

The Boys will be Boys. 

NN, I usually celebrate a win over Dallas like it's Mardi Gras, but this one left me feeling a little empty.  The fact that they had 6 takeaways and were a fingernail away from losing was ridiculous. 
what Madonna said really helped

manonthemoon

A NFL win is a win, the teams are so close in talent overall that a play here or there can win or loose you a game.  I'd take it and be happy.
Alive or Just Breathing