Music Rooms?

Started by he.who.forgets, Jan 07, 2013, 08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taterbug

DARKGLOW  :thumbsup:     Sweet setup.  Did you make that awesome chair & guitar wall hanging ? 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

darkglow

Tater, no.. the chair is a french style folding chair i bought at a consignment shop and the guitar wall art i got at a place called the "old time pottery barn"

sweatboard

yep, I think I pick darkglow's room to hang out in.  just need to make it pitch dark and then add some awesome lighting and it's ooooon and ooooon and oooon

Tater.....close second  :kiss:
There's Still Time.........

Taterbug

Quote from: sweatboard on Jan 25, 2013, 06:10 PM
yep, I think I pick darkglow's room to hang out in.  just need to make it pitch dark and then add some awesome lighting and it's ooooon and ooooon and oooon

Tater.....close second  :kiss:

Thanks Sweatboard.  I concur.  Here is the rest of my dungeon .  When I'm not melting my cats faces with the mighty Ibanez I put on my green crushed velvet onesie and chill. 

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

YouAre_GivenToFly

I don't have any pics right now, but my entire apartment is a music room. The living room, right off the kitchen has my record player, a couch, and all my records. The bedroom has my guitars and the amp.

My neighbors probably don't like me very much.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

ffghtrs

Given to fly, sounds like my old apartment. you walked in and there were Hendrix posters and records every which way.  I miss living in a house filled with music, now i just enjoy the space my family gives me.  Still great times.  On and Off topic, i had a great jam session tonight with some new people, the best words i had were, you are a great on your guitar but you need to learn to let the simple be simple and the complex be complex.  now that's not exactly what he said but what i got from it was that i need to stop filling up every measure with consistent 16th notes and just let sound be sound.  i think my issue is that i play by myself too much and dont' have another instrument to listen to when i'm jamming.  It was a spectacular night and i hope everyone had a great saturday.  Had a bit too much whiskey but it was worth it.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

Angelo

Quote from: darkglow on Jan 18, 2013, 07:30 PM

What kind of speakers are those in the last picture? I have a pair that look exactly like them, they're from Korea.

darkglow

Quote from: Angelo on Feb 07, 2013, 01:39 PM

What kind of speakers are those in the last picture? I have a pair that look exactly like them, they're from Korea.

Mine are Radioshack's NOVA 8B's. very good speakers for my simple L-R setup.

NOVA's ---> MCS 3862 100 watt receiver ---> MCS 6601 direct drive auto turntable w/ audio technica cartridge