The Old Tab Thread

Started by New Fan, Oct 10, 2002, 08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lfish

Hey Matthew,

I think the problem lies with your computer. I've already printed out some powertabs and everything went fine.Maybe you do have to change your printer settings? What's the exact problem?  Is everything printed out blurred?

Another possibility is to learn the tab sitting in front of your computer with your speakers on, so you can follow the notes played.

Hope I helped you out...
lfish

Joe

the continued frustration of power tab users should act as motivation for us to post the tabs directly on the msg board. (i would do it myself, but i've had it w/ powertabs). why not give mmj the hits? -i swear lfish must have stock in this company

lfish

Quote-i swear lfish must have stock in this company  

Damn right I have.  I'm riding a big fat buick, smoking cigars, lighted by 100 $ bills and drinking champagne on ice all day. Yep, you all made rich guys  out of me....

No, what's your problem with the powertabthing joe?  Maybe I can be of any assistance?  As for me, I didn't have any problems using the program.  Of course there are other similar programs, but a man does have to make a choice...
lfish

heyitsok

does anyone have a tab for i needed it most yet?
ta

guestie

im hooked on "they ran" acoustic version
anybody have any idea where tabs might be for that

Paulywho

Does anyone know what guitar amps they use. I know they both play out of the three quarter mesa cabinets but Im not sure what type of head they use,, Thanks

Marcus

How do you open a .ptb file from Powerchords so the characters aren't all screwed up.  Any help would be appreciated.

lfish

The reason you're having problems with opening the ptb file is because you didn't install the software, which you can find by clicking here

http://www.powertabs.net/pta.php?page=software

Donwloand it, it's for free, install it and if you're having any problems then, just let me know and I'm flying over.   ;D
lfish

killian doherty

:o
could anyone post up a tab for 'sooner' from the sweatbees ep???

tomEisenbraun

nobody here would happen to have the chords for Golden would they? I'm absolutely in love with this song, and I want to learn it. That inro posted a couple pages back soudns about right, but being able to play the whoel thing woudl rock.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

sgrexa

Hello all, new to MMJ and the board. Golden Chords are pretty basic bit J James uses an open eminor tuning, capo at 1st fret. Haven't really experimented with that, but I do capo 1st fret in standard tuning. Here is what I remember as far as chords in standard tuning and will give you a rough idea, please correct any mistakes as I am without guitar and doing it off the top of my head:

Verse:

Fmaj7 Bbmaj7 Cmaj7 Fmaj7

Something like this:

(Fmaj7) watchin' a stretch of road, (Bbmaj7) miles of light explode (Cmaj7) feelin in my, etc..

Chorus:

mmm...(Bbmaj7) people always (Cmaj7) told me. that (Fmaj7)bars are dark and (dm) lonely and (Bbmaj7) talk is often (Cmaj7)cheap and filled with (Fmaj7)air.

(Bbmaj7) sure sometimes they (Cmaj7) thrill me but (Fmaj7)nothin' could ever (Dm) chill me. (Bbmaj7) like the way they make the (Cmaj7) time just (Fmaj7) disappear

Hope that was right! Still working on the finger picked licks!

Pancho

Does anyone have Nashville to Kentucky worked out?  Couldn't find it anywhere - little desperate.

wordawg

Is this anything to do with Benson & Hedges?
They are my fave tabs. ::)
the future is Ginger

TalkingSmack

can anyone tell me if its possible to hide the music charts and only look at the tabs with powertabs cause its all to cluttered for me and cramed together.

im not a big fan of it but i enjoy playing the fills and solos of MMJ over the chords and all that jazz but the only tabs on the net are just chords only.

i need the solos and fills of one big holiday but i dont like the crampness of powertabs

can anyone help?

lfish

Quotei need the solos and fills of one big holiday but i dont like the crampness of powertabs

The crampness of powertabs. Explain yourself mister.

Guys like you make my powertabs-stocks decline rapidly.

Gee, I lost already a lot of money.

Sorry can't do better then powertabs.
lfish

Simon

I wonder if somebody has the guitartabs to the song I will be there when you die!
love that song...if you have it...send it to 93silu@utb.ronneby.se

TalkingSmack

The crampness of powertabs. Explain yourself mister.

Guys like you make my powertabs-stocks decline rapidly.

Gee, I lost already a lot of money.

Sorry can't do better then powertabs.

sorry i was talking about the bars with the numbers on it are really cramped together and sometimes hard to read.

but it just took a while to get used to cause im used to normal internet tabs that are just tabs and note the musical notes and bars that i dont know how to read and confuses me. its no big deal now

i am wondering if anyone has figured out the golden intro yet (the finger picking part)

lfish

I'm working on golden, but it can take a while. I had to sweep the hard disk of my computer, so software, necessary to run powertabs, is not yet on it.

lfish

herbman

yo man somebody should post some tabs for i will sing you songs thanks

tomEisenbraun

has anybody sat down with "If All Else Fails" or "Nashville to Kentucky"? I just got the Tennesee Fire today and I'm lovin it so far.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.