MMJ tribute album

Started by olwiggum, Jul 22, 2004, 10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMc55

You need to get the hell away from that computer. You need a break. You deserve it. Go. Now  ;)

SMc55

Just got up. Put it straight on. Still fab  :D

wordawg

Just listened to the cd.
Great stuff.  
I am still smiling.  Tickled pink by the whole thing.

WORD ;D
the future is Ginger

ben grimm

Just wanted to say thanks to Wiggum and E.C. for putting in the work on, this and having the patience. Its been wicked fun and it seems everyone likes what they hear. Thanks again guys it looks and sounds fantastic.

EC

QuoteJust got up. Put it straight on. Still fab  

Me, too.  

All last night I had nightmares that I'd forgot to lock the back door and that I went to see a Merle Haggard show, and he played Phone Went West.

Aside from the nightmares about the back door, the Merle show was pretty good.  :D

(cheers bengrim!  Hey, I changed my little quote line because every time I see yours, I start singin' it.)

Oz

Listening to it now. Absolutely love it. :)

I'm going to be able to put this on CD myself someday, but not in a week or two. But the site will still exist then, won't it? I won't need any of you guys to send me anything, therefor. :)
I'm ready when you are

Oz

I've listened to the first four tracks now and I'm beginning to worry... My track is not the only one with a fucked up cheap lo-fi sound, is it?
I'm ready when you are

Oz

Fuck, Lfish, that track of your band sounds like a drugged-up Nirvana!  ;D
I'm ready when you are

corey

O,
I used the lo-fi mix because I thought it would be a nice change from the rest of the stuff. I think I put "AM Mix" in the title to distinguish it. It reminded me of some of the more stripped down stuff that's on "The Tennessee Fire".

EC

QuoteI've listened to the first four tracks now and I'm beginning to worry... My track is not the only one with a fucked up cheap lo-fi sound, is it?

Um, I would say that mine sound lo-fi, but that wasn't necessarily intentional, ha ha.  

O, I really dig your song, by the way.  I played it for my roommate the night I got them all, and she was like "Wow.  I really like that.  Can I burn it and play it when I'm at the gym?"

Oz

Hehe... That must be the best compliment I ever got. :)

I don't mind mine being lo-fi, I liked that version the best as well, I just hoped I wouldn't be the only one sounding like a poor bastard. :)
I'm ready when you are

hellaciousc

i like all the tracks.
seriously.

listening to them again now.

wiggum--you surprise me w/ your version of 'just because'.
nice work

SMc55

QuoteListening to it now. Absolutely love it. :)

I'm going to be able to put this on CD myself someday, but not in a week or two. But the site will still exist then, won't it? I won't need any of you guys to send me anything, therefor. :)

We could post you a copy from the UK if you need it O.

SMc55

QuoteO,
I used the lo-fi mix because I thought it would be a nice change from the rest of the stuff. I think I put "AM Mix" in the title to distinguish it. It reminded me of some of the more stripped down stuff that's on "The Tennessee Fire".

Definately a good move, olwiggum. It adds to the balance and 'wholeness' of the album.

corey

Thanks y'all. I kind of cringe when I hear myself sing. I don't like my voice at all. AT. All.
When I listened to "Just Because I do" the other day when I was mastering them, I almost re-did the vocals. Then I said "Fuck it" and left those in there. There are parts of it that sound OK, so I didn't feel like re-doing the whole damn vocal track.  :)

EC

As I said to Kumar, "You must sing!"

Nothing sounds better than somebody totally enjoying themselves.  Your tracks are wicked!

(NOBODY really LIKES to hear their vocals!  It's always weird!!)

SMc55

Oh no, Corey. You sound great, on both tracks. And I should know, I've been listening to music for a very long time   ::)

All the tracks are great. I love the live version of Phone Went West' "Is there a doctor in the house tonight?"  8)   I love those sounds in the background.

I'd heard Hellascious's Lowdown before, it sounds even better fitting in with the other tracks.

Well done everybody. Especially you. You were the guy with the big idea  :D

corey

Awwwhh... shucks.

I probably shouldn't say that I'm blushing since I'm a dude...

SMc55

Blush on dude  8), you're amongst friends.

EC

Word.  It's cool when dudes blush.  Chicks dig it!

DAMN.  I'm on another computer, and I just checked out the site, and I realized that I was dumb, and that all the font work I did won't work for people who haven't downloaded the fonts that I have.

Bum-mer.  It looks so fun with the fun fonts.  

It's so plain without 'em.

Ah well.