NOT TO BE NEGATIVE

Started by DaFunkyPrecedent, May 17, 2007, 10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coltrane

Rollin' Back.

it just doesn't do anything for me. and it's way too long.
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

BH

QuoteRollin' Back.

:o :o :o :o

Blasphemy!

;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

bo dereks tits

i'll second Honest Man.  It kills the flow of At Dawn for me.  

mjkoehler

My musician friends appreciate Golden a lot more than my non-musician friends. All my girl friends say two things - 1. I can't understand what he's saying on the sweeter songs. 2. Too rockin'/loud on the rockin songs. I have several friends who enjoy mmj now, but none of them really seek it out / listen to it on their own. I'm lookin for that magic switch. Everyone has an mmj switch. I know it.
If only this worked for that....

Coltrane

QuoteRollin' Back.

:o :o :o :o

Blasphemy!

;)

F... the status quo!!!

don't worry.....things that annoy me about my favorite bands usually turns around in a few years and my friends get tired of my recontructionist views. One day, I'm sure, "Rollin' Back" will be hailed as a grand achievement long over looked.

but for now, it puts me to sleep.
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

bethofftherecord

for me i thought it was off the record which is funny cause i am going by bethofftherecord, but......yesterday I heard an acoustic solo version of off the record at archive.org and i really liked it.  i've been trying to think of one of their songs i don't like for like three days now.  still. don't. have. one.   is that weird?  
nothing can be changed except ourselves

Chico

QuoteI still skip "Knot comes Loose" 1/2 the time.

I also skip the first half of "It still moves" 1/2 the time...  It grew on me fast, and wore on me fast...  It is making its way back into rotation though.
No, Knot comes loose kicks ass.  You are just plain wrong.

Willard1979

I really haven't given the Early Recordings a chance.  I've been into everything else too much.  One of these days, I'm going to sit and give em a good listen

drewsdad27us

There are a tune or two on TF, and some of Z that do not "do it for me". But after listening for several years, even those tunes grow on you. I may not put them in mixes much, but I say I have an "alternate appreciation for them".
For example-I never cared for  Going to hell. But I saw them do it live and it totally changed my perspective, same with off the record-I really hated it...

And yes-I thought I bought the wrong album when I played Z the first time. Where did the acoustic-style mellow bluesy sound go that I had been spoiled with go?  :-?

And I hate to admit that,(hangs head)one time  I thought " Can a jam be too long???"  No, of course not........

DaFunkyPrecedent

atleast we're struggling to find songs we dont like by MMJ...I hope i like all of their new songs they're gonna play at red rocks.   8-)
God damn those shaky knees.

realdeal

Quotei'm not the biggest fan of Somebody Cares about the Maestro.  i used to not be into masterplan but since i've been playing it with the band I've changed my mind.

Realdeal is the master of negativity.

Didn't you like quit the forum because you got pissed off? Then came back because you were lonely from not talking to your cyber buddies. Hilarious.

I crown you MMJ's biggest fan!

bridget

Quotei'm not the biggest fan of Somebody Cares about the Maestro.  i used to not be into masterplan but since i've been playing it with the band I've changed my mind.

Didn't you like quit the forum because you got pissed off? Then came back because you were lonely from not talking to your cyber buddies. Hilarious.

Y'know what? We never do this here. By my count, to a person, this is a lovely collection of people. And to have an anonymous group of human beings be as funny and generous and substantive and carefree as this one is a real rarity. I mean a real rarity. I think it's a small but honest reflection of, and testament to the good mmj puts out into the world. It's nice. And I'm all for thoughtful opinions - the nature of this thread doesn't bother me in the least - but could we end the name calling here? It's unbecoming. Thanks.

realdeal

aMD

umm... not exactly.  btw, were you debating the fact you are the master of negativity by attacking me?  or did you just get your feelings hurt and feel the need to lash out?  Hilarious.  

Kory

this is the worst thread ever created, this forum should focus on the bands positivity not the negativity. Fuck calling people out, realdeal... Hilarious.
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

PapaJoeBear

Getting back to the subject at hand, I have to 2nd realdeal.  Half of Z.  I still listen to the whole album, but there are times listening to it that I feel like its missing something.  Then Lay Low, Knot COmes Loose, and Don Dante come on and I forget what it was I was missing.  Such a great set of 3 songs to close an album.

realdeal

Thank god. Sometimes these hippies can be so damn positive all the time. If you say anything negative about the band, watch out!

Angry Ewok

Part of my dies inside every time I read this thread.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

BH

Not to be negative, but this thread should be called, "Not to be Positive"
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.