Main Menu

New EP

Started by JacketGirl, Mar 11, 2009, 02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

searchinbig

Quotejust went to amoeba in sf and they said its not being sold til the 18th.  why are some putting it out early?!

I know my store has it but he won't sell until Record Store Day.

I reserved a copy. I understand why he is waiting till the 18th, prolly so more folks go there and buy other stuff.

I just resurrected my turntable (for Easter  ;D ) and thanks to MMJ I will be spinning vinyl again.

Can't wait.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Jellyfish

QuoteAnd now the LP has arrived!

Yes,it's in the pic in the plain white sleeve.
So does the double 10 inch still come with a CD?
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

AlwxanderD10

QuoteAnd now the LP has arrived!

[img]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i158/khritter/stuff/pactInside.jpg[/imf]

Yes,it's in the pic in the plain white sleeve.
So does the double 10 inch still come with a CD?
Oh yeah, sweet!!

goose

QuoteGod dammit! You know EarXtacy won't put it out early as it's local and it means something to them as well as they're having a listening party the night before...

Even if I found a leak today, I wouldn't listen to it...I'm waiting until Friday night MF'ers!

Agreed, the anticipation makes it that much better.  Plus I get to see all you fools!
Hooked on four like one, two, three

blankpage37

CD Alley in Chapel Hill, NC, had 2 LPs last Saturday.  I bought one, of course.  I'm torn as to whether to buy the CD separately.  Yeah, the LP comes with one, but it's only in a paper sleeve.  I'd like to have the CD in the proper packaging, but if there are too many other Record Store Day goodies available this Saturday, I might have to make do.

BH

Approximately 30 minutes ago.....

Dave: Excuse me sir, do you have any of the Record Store Day merchandise available now?

Record Store Dude (in an angry tone that can only be described as a voice someone might use after you shot their dog):  No, it will be available on RECORD STORE DAY!

Dave (meekly): OK,  Well can I buy some Forecastle Tickets?

Record Store Dude:  We don't sell tickets here!

Record Store Owner (listening intently in the background): Actually, we do sell Forecastle tickets here but they haven't arrived yet.   Try back next week.  What Record Store Day release are you looking for?

Record Store Dude walks away silent.   :)

Dave:  My Morning Jacket

Record Store Owner:  We have tons of the vinyl and a few CDs so there should be plenty next week.

Dave:  Thanks!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

tangerine

anyone on here found a copy in the philly area maybe centre city or maybe south jersey? aka records near penn's landing are only stocking the LP... I'm after the CD? any help would be great....

Vadie Stark

My record store dude called yesterday and said my special order was in and a had a week to p/u. :)
I got back with it an hour ago 8-)
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

Witness MMJ

Hi,
   I just spent the last two hours calling eleven stores in DC / VA area, asking if any of them have copies of the new stuff:

"yea we'll have one copy, open at noon"

"yip hope to have three copies, first come first serve"

Yea should have 15 copies, but there will be a line outside, I believe there is a guy coming from PA to buy a copy"

Other stores

"No we are not selling ANY stuff, goodbye"

Can anyone help me out as what I should do?

Thanks

Vadie Stark

QuoteHi,
   I just spent the last two hours calling eleven stores in DC / VA area, asking if any of them have copies of the new stuff:

"yea we'll have one copy, open at noon"

"yip hope to have three copies, first come first serve"

Yea should have 15 copies, but there will be a line outside, I believe there is a guy coming from PA to buy a copy"

Other stores

"No we are not selling ANY stuff, goodbye"

Can anyone help me out as what I should do?

Thanks
:-? send $ send you :o  8-)  ;)

Jbones72

I just got a copy from a store in the Village in NYC through Amazon.com, no local record stores in my  area of Brooklyn!

Witness MMJ

I looked on Amazon but they say is "not available".

Could you sent more info or link

Thanks

Vadie Stark

Witness MMJ

"Edtombell" - Can we talk offline ?

Witness MMJ

To all MMJ fans,
                          I called a lot of indie record stores in my area, DC/VA and even CA & had very little luck with getting a hold off a copy of the LP, was told, "we are not stocking any stuff from record store day", or was told "yea have only a few of each, but call back tomorrow" etc etc.

It nearly killed me, but, after searching the world wide web I found it on www.musicdirect.com

Now I know I'm not supporting the local stores, but how can I when they either don't have what I want, or won't get want I want?

I'm sorry but I had to do it.

I fully support the local record stores, every way possible.

I want to thank Jbones72 for all his help.

capt. scotty

QuoteTo all MMJ fans,
                          I called a lot of indie record stores in my area, DC/VA and even CA & had very little luck with getting a hold off a copy of the LP, was told, "we are not stocking any stuff from record store day", or was told "yea have only a few of each, but call back tomorrow" etc etc.

It nearly killed me, but, after searching the world wide web I found it on www.musicdirect.com

Now I know I'm not supporting the local stores, but how can I when they either don't have what I want, or won't get want I want?

Thanks brotha!

Im going to call a couple stores tomorrow, but if they arent going to have it, then ill definitely be going this route.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

weeniebeenie

QuoteTo all MMJ fans,

Thanks brotha!

Im going to call a couple stores tomorrow, but if they arent going to have it, then ill definitely be going this route.
I had to order mine here too cause they're not selling it in Australia. Should be shipping today.
How loud can silence get?

fleabag

QuoteTo all MMJ fans,

Thanks brotha!

I had to order mine here too cause they're not selling it in Australia. Should be shipping today.

I hope there aren't problems with folks not being able to get their hands on the stuff they want.  Record Day might then remind people why they buy music online and don't support record shops.  

I'm going to my shop tomorrow morning  - screw the phone calls.  I'm afraid all I would get is a vague or inaccurate information.  I'll report availability for anyone in the Delaware Valley who cares.

...words only got in the way

Shouldnt Be Ashamed

I went ahead and bought it from musicdirect.com because I NEED this ep. I am goign to buy it at the local record store too.

I'm in DC and was in Crooked Beats last weekend and Bill, the owner, said that they would be stocking the EP and said he'd have 10-15 copies. It's prob the best place inside the beltway to find new stuff. They always have new releases on time.

Washington, DC 20009
(202) 483-2328

open at noon on saturday. i am lining up!!

Vadie Stark

Wasn't the point to go to the record store to get it. I went a month early asked if they knew about the MMJ release and if so were they stocking it, if not would they order it for me, so they did. At that time I realized I was in a record store so I bought some records. When I went back to said record store 2 weeks later for the PJ box set thing I checked on my MMJ order. Bought more records.  I expected to go on the 18th but they called on the 15th. I went on the 16th and picked it up and more records. Seems like it works just fine to me. Can't wait till tomorrow. ;)