"Dress to tha nines" for NYE

Started by NoVa_NoLa, Nov 26, 2008, 04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny76

I'm gonna be scouting second-hand stores this weekend for a 70's suit.  the only question is earth brown or periwinkle blue with paisley?  and can I find a top hat to match?

the_wizzard

QuoteI'm 6 foot 7.  Would it be outrageous if I wore a top hat?  And would it be outrageous in a good way or bad?  (I could, of course, take the hat off during the show.)

Nah...wear it...I'm 6'4 and standing in front of you, no one will complain about my blocking their view.  ;D  

So, we can line up back to front like this:

Kenny in top hat -- 6'7
Nova_Nola in flats 6'4
Kydiddle -- 5'10 right?
ThePennyLane -- is little right?  

:)

[size=9]edited to adjust order[/size]
Me in front then!!!!!   :D :D :D :D
At 5'1" I always wished that the crowd would line up by size......

ms. yvon

QuoteI'm gonna be scouting second-hand stores this weekend for a 70's suit.  the only question is earth brown or periwinkle blue with paisley?  and can I find a top hat to match?
blue w-paisley!!

if you find something with pizzazz, you would be a boon to the evening!

i'll stand between wizz and pennylane:  5'2"-ish.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ALady

5'11" + heels = sorry, y'all.

My dress arrives Tuesday!!!    :D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

HI5IVE

QuoteNice concept but I am wearing jeans, t-shirt and sneakers.

Formal wear is not made to ROCK OUT!

Oh, Vinny.

Vinny, Vinny, Vinny.

At least wear a tuxedo t-shirt or something.

Me and my friends got awesome TUXEDO t-shirts online.  They make them in all different colors and designs.  But I'll be the one with the viking helmet on!!!  See you all there. ;)

NoVa_NoLa

Quote5'11" + heels = sorry, y'all.

My dress arrives Tuesday!!!    :D

Yay...another tall woman!   :)

NoVa_NoLa

And, I should add that I still have no idea what to wear...  :-?

Sassbox

One of my dresses arrived this morning.  It's a bit...voluminous.  
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

Penny Lane

QuoteAnd, I should add that I still have no idea what to wear...  :-?

i'm opting for jeans and heels---NYE is a sh*t show enough. (JJ if you're reading this and want to send a car service for me, then i'll definitely put on my best ball gown, otherwise..nada)

all these tall girls!! i'm 5'5" ..plus a couple inches for heels...let us shorties in front!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

j_rud

i'm opting for jeans and heels---NYE is a sh*t show enough. (JJ if you're reading this and want to send a car service for me, then i'll definitely put on my best ball gown, otherwise..nada)

all these tall girls!! i'm 5'5" ..plus a couple inches for heels...let us shorties in front!
tisk tisk...
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

goldenlady

I'm a shorty too..5'4...i must concurr...let the shorties in the front row...i'm not wearing heels...it will impeed my ability to rock out for such a long time...flats all the way...still cant decide what to wear...floor seats arn't made for black tie...

NoVa_NoLa

I'm a shorty too..5'4...i must concurr...let the shorties in the front row...i'm not wearing heels...it will impeed my ability to rock out for such a long time...flats all the way...still cant decide what to wear...floor seats arn't made for black tie...

Y'all can definitely stand in front of me...I get a cramp in my neck if I have to look up to see the stage, so I won't be riding the rail.  :)  Midway back will be perfect.  I wonder if they waitresses will work the GA section?

And, I think I'll be wimping out on the dress/gown too.  It's just a little too uncomfortable for me for MMJ on NYE.  

ALady

Shorties, get there early   ;D

I'm not afraid to rock in formal attire.  If the Jacket can do it, so can we!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Trash Bag Windows

Anybody gonna rock a Texas Tuxedo?  I'm thinking about it.

YouAre_GivenToFly

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

CTdeadhead

QuoteAnybody gonna rock a Texas Tuxedo?  I'm thinking about it.
You mean your going to be naked except for a pair of chaps and spurs? ;)  

the_wizzard

It's okay...you can still rock the 2009 glasses!  With this recent cold snap in Oregon I realize that I am a wuss.  So it is looking more and more likely that I will be going for a festive-rock-n-roll approach to my attire.  But I sure as hell will be rocking some sparkly 2009 glasses!  And a sparkly shirt!  And a fabulous and amazingly warm fake fur that is oh so Dynasty-esque...I love it!  But probably pants...not a ball gown.  Sorry boys...it gets messy and crazy down in the dancing zone   ;)

kydiddle

It's okay...you can still rock the 2009 glasses!  With this recent cold snap in Oregon I realize that I am a wuss.  So it is looking more and more likely that I will be going for a festive-rock-n-roll approach to my attire.  But I sure as hell will be rocking some sparkly 2009 glasses!  And a sparkly shirt!  And a fabulous and amazingly warm fake fur that is oh so Dynasty-esque...I love it!  But probably pants...not a ball gown.  Sorry boys...it gets messy and crazy down in the dancing zone   ;)

I'm reconsidering the outfit as well.  :-/  I'm leaning towards pants and a comfy top and some funky accessories. I just can't do a dress with traveling in and the cold. Plus, what I wear that night is the only outfit I'll have. It'll be the train ride home of shame back to PA. Ha.
Cow temperature.

j_rud

I'm reconsidering the outfit as well.  :-/  
Cowards! Cowards all!!!
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

the_wizzard

I'm reconsidering the outfit as well.  :-/  
Cowards! Cowards all!!!
So you are going to wear a dress?  Awesome  :D