MMJ shirts thru the years

Started by tinyorangepig, Nov 23, 2006, 01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

Bump--c'mon fans--show us what ya got
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Magnix

Quoteoldie

Do you have a grey one? Mine is black with white print, used it on my site:

Got it from Jim and the guys at the Swingin' Groningen gig (July 7, 2000; oh sweet memories).

CC

no, mine's actually black too.

Magnix

no, mine's actually black too.
It's the same picture, isn't it ...?   8-)

megisnotreal

QuoteI still think my favorite t-shirt design is the bootleg one with the jim beam logo, substitued with jim james and other random changes.  

i would marry someone for this shirt.

i need it.

Angry Ewok

QuoteI still think my favorite t-shirt design is the bootleg one with the jim beam logo, substitued with jim james and other random changes.  

i would marry someone for this shirt.

i need it.

Oh, sweet. I'm totally bootleggin' the shit out of that shirt.

;D

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

megisnotreal

window of opportunity is closed, folks.

i am now betrothed.

shotglass

Last year at Bonnaroo they had a cool MMJ t shirt for sale that was sold out by Sunday when I was ready to buy my merch. Does anyone have a picture of one or know where I can buy one. Thanks

Aus9.5

That Jim Beam shirt is possibly the best thing I have ever layed my eyes on.  WOw I am J-E-A-L-O-U-S!!!!
"Go to heaven for the climate, hell for the company"~ Mark Twain

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteThat Jim Beam shirt is possibly the best thing I have ever layed my eyes on.  WOw I am J-E-A-L-O-U-S!!!!

*quietly polishes fingernails on shirt*(I have 2 of 'em)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Kory

Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

CC

BH

Is that Slash on the front? ;D
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjkoehler

QuoteHere ya go:
Front:

Back:

Back details:

I agree with everyone else, that is quite possibly the greatest... I must possess

thebigbang

QuoteIs that Slash on the front? ;D

That's Slash Cash!

Hope they don't mind me posting this since they've moved on to superduperstardom!

Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

red

aMD

danny_cash

Wow, guys! It's crazy seeing all those old t-shirt designs again. You've even got stuff I totally forgot I did, Riny. Thanks for posting all this stuff. Good times! Great oldies!

Sorry about not being able to reprint that devil/girl design. As it is technically property of the band, it's kind of a sticky legal issue. Plus, I'd just feel too weird bootlegging the stuff that we used to sell legit back in the day when I was in the band, yet no longer being with the band, but still doing occasional design work......and uh.....so on and so forth and blah blah blah. You get what I'm saying.

I'm not really sure how the band feels about it. They might be totally cool with reprinting or bootlegging stuff; I have no idea. But as the owner of a print shop, I deal with issues like this all the time. MMJ stuff has specifically come up before. So here's the Kopilot take on it:

We can't print anything with the band name, logo, copywritten images or materials, etc. on it (and neither should any other printer, really).  But we can print fan-based materials, as long as it's not for profit or mass distribution. For example: a small order of shirts for a party that say something like "I Love The Jacket" would be fine. Or shirts for that JacketFest thing they're doing in Horse Cave or wherever......totally doable. And if it's for some sort of MMJ-related charity event, you know I'm down. But copywritten, trademarked or otherwise protected and/or licensed images are a definite "no-no".

(Kinko's has pamphlets if you're into reading lengthy legal babble about this sort of thing.)

But yeah.....thanks again for the memories! I don't read or post much on here, so I tend to make 'em long. Sorry. But I'll check back with you dudes in about a year or so. You know.....to see if you're all doing okay, ask about how your kids are doing in school, see if your mom's alright, get back that hedge trimmer I loaned you, etc.

Later,
- Sarge

aMD

thanks for the input, Danny.  I'll probably be hitting you up for t-shirts for the second annual jacketfest next year.  

you did some great work for the jacket over the years.  My favorite posters you did were the one for the planetarium show and the one for the show at the kentucky motor speedway that never happened.

unfortunately i was not smart or wealthy enough back in the day to collect the t-shirts or posters and I'm kicking myself for it now.

good to hear from ya. check back in a year or so and i might have that log splitter you let me borrow.

p.s. you so much like slash in the pic above it's scary.  i can't believe the nickname Slash Cash never caught on.

ManNamedTruth

Quotethanks for the input, Danny.  I'll probably be hitting you up for t-shirts for the second annual jacketfest next year.  

you did some great work for the jacket over the years.  My favorite posters you did were the one for the planetarium show and the one for the show at the kentucky motor speedway that never happened.

unfortunately i was not smart or wealthy enough back in the day to collect the t-shirts or posters and I'm kicking myself for it now.

good to hear from ya. check back in a year or so and i might have that log splitter you let me borrow.

p.s. you so much like slash in the pic above it's scary.  i can't believe the nickname Slash Cash never caught on.

I thought it was Slash at first.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!