Main Menu

My Music

Started by utonynashm, Jan 10, 2005, 12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

Yuck, don't take lessons if you can avoid it.  I know that's terrible advice, and maybe some preliminary ones so that you learn how NOT to rip your vocal chords out of your skull.  Just, sometimes voice lessons take away from the honesty of a person's voice.  That's a personal opinion.  Not a professional one.  :)

Also, just keep singing, and you'll find consistency.  It's really good to sing in the shower.  All steamy and nice and sounding good.  Very good.  :)

MMJ_fanatic

you can take preventive measures to protect and strengthen your vocal chords to help maintain consistency
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

EC

By taking lessons, do you mean?  Or by doing excercises?  Or by coating them with resin?  (;))

MMJ_fanatic

exercises (vocal) to strengthen, salt water gargles, stuff like dat

TheMadHatter

Love the music,I am a singer without a band currently so i am on the other end of your problem.I can never find the right chemistry with other bands musically.I would love to try to put som vocals on these tracks man,your really working with something good here.Where are you from?Anyways ,keep it up bro.
The Mad Hatter,he waits for Alice to come to tea again.

utonynashm

Thanks alot!  I am in the Buffalo N,Y area actually...

and I Completely updating my stie from even a few days ago...

Got tons of stuff on here now...

Check it out!

utonynashm

I put up the 8:21 min long orchestral peiece I worte...

Enjoy...

Chills

Listened to your orchestral piece, that is pretty far out.
Reminds me of Pink Floyd (would be cool as a soundtrack for a movie too). However I did prefer the second part to the first, don't know why though.

Third Degree is cool too, sounds like a cross between Black Sabbath and RATM. You know that Sabbath song Sweet Leaf? The riff reminded me of that one.

The acoustic solo in Song For A Lost Mind reminds me of Peter Buck of REM, in songs like Country Feedback, good stuff.

Is Pink Floyd an influence? There's just a feeling about them that makes me think of Pink Floyd, Dark Side Of The Moon, Wish You Were Here, that kinda stuff...

But you do have your own sound!

utonynashm

Thanks a lot!  This will be tricky typing this cause I am very hungover and have been puking all night....but...

I don't own anything pink floyd but always thought they were cooll...I am surprised when people always tell me that they hear floyd in my work...hey i'll take it!  hahahah

i always get new comparisions every time I show people my music...so I just let them go with it and say what they want...musics meant to be felt and taken in anyway people want to....cool...

the black sabbath thing and the RATM thing is also new to me but hey it's all cool if you dig it! hehehe..

I think cause I go for the spaced out epic feel sometimes I get the floyd remark...its all good...some riffs sound like zeppelin ivve been told....hey its an honer!

but hey....did I answer the question..

aw damn.i gots to puke again..

peace-.

utonynashm

BOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chills

Hey, I'm sorry about all those stupid comparisons there.
I now imagine it's probably a bummer getting some lame comparisons about your music all the time...

You play what you feel and I really like it, it's that simple. Let's keep it at that  ;)

utonynashm

Whats the odds...im typing this while drunk again!!

But no no man I think the comparisons are great!  I m sorry if you get the wrong vibe from what I was saying...

But thank you very much!

EC

Sounds like yer having a chill Saturday... ;)

MMJ_fanatic

I had a chill Friday night with this great new (to me anyway) Canadian beer called "Trois Pistoles" 9% alcohol, all nice an fuzzy when I went nighty night :)

EC

That must be a Quebec beer.  They hide their good beer from the rest of us because they hate us.  I have never heard of that beer, but Quebec makes some EXCELLENT beers.  I believe that La Maudite is Quebecois, and man, it is potent, and it tastes like figs (in a good way).  

MMJ_fanatic

the brewery is Unibroue in case you've heard of it, and yes it is from Quebec

EC

Yeeeees.  Seriously.  You could buy any kind of beer made by them, and it would be good.  In fact, I believe they make Maudite as well...  They also import the good beers from other lands.

Complainer

QuoteI had a chill Friday night with this great new (to me anyway) Canadian beer called "Trois Pistoles" 9% alcohol, all nice an fuzzy when I went nighty night :)

Since it's a Canadian beer, I wonder if "Trois Pistoles" is a reference to the song "Three Pistols" by The Tragically Hip. Say it with me, "Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder..."

EC

Since it's a Canadian beer, I wonder if "Trois Pistoles" is a reference to the song "Three Pistols" by The Tragically Hip. Say it with me, "Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder..."
Hmmm.  Well, it might be the other way around, in a way...  Perhaps Trois Pistoles is actually a reference to something else, and the beer is referencing that, as well as the song.

Okay.  Just googled.  Trois-Pistoles is a place in Quebec.  From first glance, it looks like a place that seems to want to preserve its heritage.  That translates to "they will kill you if you try to speak English there".  (Just kidding, for those of you who are french preservationists.)  

So the Tragically Hip song is about Tom Thompson, who is one of our best artists.  Here's an example of his work:  http://www.tomthomson.org/collections/collections.cfm?ImageID=2
(Actually, when I was a kid I was sent away to month-long sleepaway camp in Algonquin Park, and had a cabin about 100 feet from the place where Tom Thompson's body washed up onto shore.  It's still a fairly interesting mystery as to how he died.  He wasn't a part of something called The Group of Seven, but he was closely linked with them.)

Here's a quote:  "The town's name comes from pistoles, old silver coins. Legend has it that back in 1621, a sailor dropped a silver goblet worth three pistoles into the water here."

So...  I wonder if Gord Downie was erroneously translating pistoles into pistols.  Was he making some kind of statement about the french vs. the english, and all of their problems?  Trois-Pistoles isn't really anywhere too close to Algonquin Park, so not sure about the Tom Thompson reference (especially if that song is about his death), UNLESS he was hinting at the potentiality that Tom Thompson was assisinated for some money, and it just all ties in like that.

utonynashm

Today was my dads surprise 50th birthday and i got BLASTED all day and hide in my basement during the party while onyl a few came to see me....

It is midnight and I am wasted and I everyone kept asking me to play guitar all night and told m e how good i was...I felt so awkyard when people prasie me...its wierd...to explain....strange...but...

I come here and see yall talking about beer or something..>SWEET!!

MUSIC BINDS IT TOGHETHER!!!!!!!!!

whoa way to drunkk....hahah....you gusy are all so cool though!!!