Main Menu

NFL?

Started by primushead, Sep 17, 2006, 07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManNamedTruth

Oh just thought I'd say that who dey music video they made was the dumbest pile of shit i ever seen i was kinda embarassed for them. it was worse than the superbowl shuffle.  
Its a long season yet so bengals fans dont counts your chickens before your eggs hatch. Bengals still gotta play steelers again and you better know they'll be playin some damn good football as the season goes on.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

nkdgunner

Quoteit was worse than the superbowl shuffle.
I don't think you wanna start pissing off Bears' fans now. Those '85 Bears had the balls to do a noational song saying they were going to win the SB. What did they do? by God, they went out and kicked everyeone's ass on the road to the title.
Maybe this years Bears should do the same thing.
I will say this, we may be seeing a Bears-Bengals Super Bowl come February.
Go Bears.........YACACACOW!!!!!!

TEO

COLTS!  5-0.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

nkdgunner

QuoteCOLTS!  5-0.

BEARS.........also 5-0!!!!!!

jeffro79

Bengals Sun.= Bengals of the late 90's. :'(
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

red

What a fourth quarter for my Vikes!

primushead

GO PANTHERS!!!!

ratsprayer

QuoteGO PANTHERS!!!!

they beat a quality browns team.

::) ::) ::) ::)

ratsprayer

damn colts.  have to spend an entire game coming back against the titans?  the colts are making it quite obvious they can't stop the fucking run at all.  i foresee loads of trouble later in the season if things don't change...

MMJ_fanatic

Holy crap!  The Philadelphia/Dallas game was kick ass!  Thankfully the Eagles won!!!  Poor TO made like 3 catches... :'(
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

SmoothOprtr

You're all in trouble.  The Bears are the best team in football by a long shot.
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

ratsprayer

QuoteYou're all in trouble.  The Bears are the best team in football by a long shot.

maybe as of right now, but later in the season their youngness will show some weaknesses.  their defense is outstanding, but i think grossman is still too inexperienced to carry them all the way.  we'll see, though.  

primushead

maybe as of right now, but later in the season their youngness will show some weaknesses.  their defense is outstanding, but i think grossman is still too inexperienced to carry them all the way.  we'll see, though.  

They're drawing a lot of comparisons to the 1985 bears...but, why?  I agree that they're awesome, and you can't argue with their undefeated record.  

But I agree with Rats.  Grossman is inexperienced and it'll show later in the season.

ycartrob

(would I say things to stir it up?)

As far as experience goes, this is Grossman's 4th year.

Didn't Rothliesberger do it his 2nd year?

So....

ratsprayer

grossman has been hurt the majority of his career, so.....

and good ol' big ben is showing his true colours (i think) this year so far...

primushead

It may be his 4th year, but he had to miss a lot of time in his first three seasons cause of the injuries and what not.  His stats are really impressive and he's a hell of a QB.  But I think he's done so well because of his offensive line, and a little luck.

I mean, I'm not saying that he's bad or anything and I don't doubt that they will end up in the playoffs...I just can't see the Bears making it to the superbowl.  

I might be eating my words later in the year though ::)

ratsprayer

yeah i agree with Primushead.  i'm not knocking grossman or anything.  i wish him the best.  i'd certainly rather see the bears go all the way instead of the seahawks.  i just think inexperience usually catches up in the end, unless you're lucky as fuck like rothliesberger was last year, and we've seen what he's like when the luck wears off.  

in the end, i think this season will be quite exciting, as no one team still has impressed me fully.  both the colts and bears are undefeated, but they've mostly played shitty teams, so it's still too early to tell how they'll play quality opponents.  

ycartrob

I'm a die heard Saints fan, but pulling for McNair and the Ravens closely. I'd really love to see Steve do well after he put his heart and soul into the Oilers/Titans and they let him go, plus he's a Mississippi guy.

Great season so far (unless you're a Raiders/Lions/Bucs/Titans/Fish/Browns fan)

jeffro79

I think Grossman is the real deal. Hes been in the system for 4 years, so hes not learning as he goes. He played for Steve Spurrier and nows about pressure and large expectations. Plus its not like he has any super star wide recievers, I dont really know if they even have a legitimate NFL #1 wide reciever. I see the Bears going 14-2 or 15-1. If they get home advantage through out the playoffs they ARE going to the SB. That said WHO DEY! ;)
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

nkdgunner

I respect every single one of your opinions (am a die-hard Bears fan), but I do believe the Bears are far and away better than most every team in the NFC, with the possible exception of the Eagles at this point in the season.
The thing about Grossman is that he has been watching and learning this offense for 2 years now, so he really knows the system better than most people give him credit for. Will he make mistakes? yes, but he has the defense to pick it up for him if the o is off. the running game is going to be fine all year long with 2 if not 3 legitimate starters (Jones, Benson, & Peterson.) The receivers catch the ball when they need to (3 rd down), can go deep if asked, and will get yards after the catch. Shit, we even have TE's cathcing the ball this year.
This defense is good enough to carry them to the Super Bowl. Hell, Mark Anderson ( a rookie) already has something like 5 sacks this year. Yes, it's only 5 games into a long season, but the Bears are not just beating people, they are dismantiling them. GB and Detroit suck ass, Minn and Buff are not  terrible teams, and Seattle went to the big one last year. Get on the bus now, b/c this is going to be one hell of a seson.