Time to Dust of My Disclaimer

Started by ycartrob, Sep 08, 2007, 05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

~ I usually have to pull this out every year around this time~

Folks, I swear, I am just having fun here.  

I apologize if my sarcasm is interpreted as belittling, childish, angry or rude.

I am under the impression that we are all fans of the music here and I say the
same things to people here (in arguments) that I would say to my closest friends. Intellectual jousting with insults (see The Dozens in hip hop culture) is how we see
it. No harm.  

Perhaps I am taking too many liberties with my quick wit and my craftmanship of
the English language.

If I disagree with your point of view, your opinion, your favorite sports team, or l
ove of Good Charlotte, I will disagree. I'll try not to get personal or nasty, however, if you leave yourself wide open to some good hearted ribbing, please accept it for what it is.  
   2112Please, dish it back, but don't take it personally. Just having fun with my sarcastic
wit; if you don't find it funny, then don't respond.  

But if you say "so and so is an asshole" or "so and so can't take criticism", or "Go Colts" then I have to respond....because it's  F U N .

Be careful out there...

ratsprayer

i have a chip on my shoulder the size of rhode island.

:-/

The DARK

Don't worry about your sarcasm, I'm sure it's all in good humor. That mentality sets this forum above all others. Seriously, you can't stop the good vibes here.  :)
In another time, in another place, in another face

crazylove

Quote~ I usually have to pull this out every year around this time~

Folks, I swear, I am just having fun here.  

I apologize if my sarcasm is interpreted as belittling, childish, angry or rude.

I am under the impression that we are all fans of the music here and I say the
same things to people here (in arguments) that I would say to my closest friends. Intellectual jousting with insults (see The Dozens in hip hop culture) is how we see
it. No harm.  

Perhaps I am taking too many liberties with my quick wit and my craftmanship of
the English language.  

If I disagree with your point of view, your opinion, your favorite sports team, or l
ove of Good Charlotte, I will disagree. I'll try not to get personal or nasty, however, if you leave yourself wide open to some good hearted ribbing, please accept it for what it is.  

Please, dish it back, but don't take it personally. Just having fun with my sarcastic
wit; if you don't find it funny, then don't respond.  

But if you say "so and so is an asshole" or "so and so can't take criticism", or "Go Colts" then I have to respond....because it's  F U N .

Be careful out there...

Wit? Sarcasm?  Craftmanship of the English language?  WHAT?
Somehow it seems that once you got called out, everything was all of a sudden "a little fun".  Sorry about those of us who do enjoy some real"intellectual jousting".  Those of us who can do so with class and not in a childish, rude, belittling and angry manner.
Of course, I mean all of this in a light hearted-ribbing kind of way.  I'm sure you understand, what with all your mastery of the English language and skill at sarcasm!
Not taken personally at all. :)  All in good fun.
Glad to see we're all on the same page ;D
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

ycartrob

Somehow it seems that once you got called out, everything was all of a sudden "a little fun".

just want to make sure that everyone knows I am kidding around.

crazylove

Somehow it seems that once you got called out, everything was all of a sudden "a little fun".

Hey,
I just clicked on your profile and see that you live in Nashville.  I have a daughter down that way in Kingston Springs.  It would be great to get together sometime and duke it our with some good, fun intellectual jousting and ribbing! ;)
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

ratsprayer

ycartrob

ratsprayer

i just realised after all this time there's no mention of rush OR electr-o-pura in your disclaimer.  can't you be sued for that?

ycartrob

Quotei just realised after all this time there's no mention of rush OR electr-o-pura in your disclaimer.

that's a lie

ratsprayer

Quotei just realised after all this time there's no mention of rush OR electr-o-pura in your disclaimer.

that's a lie

i'm mistaken, i guess i'll return to hot chicken now.

crazylove

Quotetracy's 43.

And your point is? ;)

ratsprayer

Quotetracy's 43.

And your point is? ;)

tracy's 43.

crazylove

Quotetracy's 43.

And your point is? ;)

tracy's 43.

So, is that a problem?

ycartrob

Quotetracy's 43.

And your point is? ;)

tracy's 43.

So, is that a problem?

I'm 43

crazylove

Quotetracy's 43.

And your point is? ;)

tracy's 43.

So, is that a problem?
I'm sorry.  I must be missing something.  I don't understand why age matters for friendship!  I'm not looking for a love connection guys!  Just trying to be friendly.

I'm 43

ManNamedTruth

While we're at it, i really do believe that AMD is an asshole. Just to clarify my standing on this.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

TEO

QuoteWhile we're at it, i really do believe that AMD is an asshole. Just to clarify my standing on this.

If he were truly an asshole I would NOT be making plans to meet up with him at junk band jam.    ;)   TEO's 49  
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

MarkW

Quotetracy's 43.

And your point is? ;)

tracy's 43.

So, is that a problem?

I'm 43

I thought you were 43 1/2.

Not sure any disclaimer was needed.  It's not like everyone was even getting upset about a proper, world-wide sport.*

* disclaimer.  This was (probably) a joke.

The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

aMD

Is that picture of you when you were a little girl, Tracy?

I think I like this Crazylove chick.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?

To get serious for a second, Tracy does go too far from time to time but I don't think this one of those times.  It's football people!

Thanks for the personal endorsement TEO.  Can't wait to see ya at junk fest, brother!