Main Menu

Cursing

Started by red, Oct 24, 2008, 04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Love Dogg

I think cursing should only be used to show emphasis.  I can curse in my grandmother's presence as long as I do it tastefully.  "Jeremy is the biggest asshole I know."  Some people might think that I could have done without it, but when it comes to Jeremy, I need to prove my point.  "Jeremy is the biggest butthole..." and "Jeremy is not a fine person..." don't have the integrity and punction that is needed for a statement this grand.  However, to say, "Jeremy is the biggest god damn, mother fucking asshole I know," would be a little too much and most likely gradnmother would think less about Jeremy being an asshole, and more about how you can't respect her enough to only use one curse word in her presence...and occasionally at that; therefor removing your name from the will and giving it all to that asshole, Jeremy.

God damn it and Fuck are both great words, but once again should be used with caution, and only around people who will not be offended...unless of course that is the whole point.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

searchinbig

QuoteI think cursing should only be used to show emphasis.  I can curse in my grandmother's presence as long as I do it tastefully.  "Jeremy is the biggest asshole I know."  Some people might think that I could have done without it, but when it comes to Jeremy, I need to prove my point.  "Jeremy is the biggest butthole..." and "Jeremy is not a fine person..." don't have the integrity and punction that is needed for a statement this grand.  However, to say, "Jeremy is the biggest god damn, mother fucking asshole I know," would be a little too much and most likely gradnmother would think less about Jeremy being an asshole, and more about how you can't respect her enough to only use one curse word in her presence...and occasionally at that; therefor removing your name from the will and giving it all to that asshole, Jeremy.

God damn it and Fuck are both great words, but once again should be used with caution, and only around people who will not be offended...unless of course that is the whole point.

That is funny. I can't help but hear the late great George Carlin saying exactly these words on stage. Picture what you have written and put George's voice to it!
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Sassbox

I curse occasionally...never use "Christ"...and am partial to "for corn's sake!" and "Mother Fletcher!"
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

Love Dogg

QuoteI think cursing should only be used to show emphasis.  I can curse in my grandmother's presence as long as I do it tastefully.  "Jeremy is the biggest asshole I know."  Some people might think that I could have done without it, but when it comes to Jeremy, I need to prove my point.  "Jeremy is the biggest butthole..." and "Jeremy is not a fine person..." don't have the integrity and punction that is needed for a statement this grand.  However, to say, "Jeremy is the biggest god damn, mother fucking asshole I know," would be a little too much and most likely gradnmother would think less about Jeremy being an asshole, and more about how you can't respect her enough to only use one curse word in her presence...and occasionally at that; therefor removing your name from the will and giving it all to that asshole, Jeremy.

That is funny. I can't help but hear the late great George Carlin saying exactly these words on stage. Picture what you have written and put George's voice to it!

Thanks, big...I'll take that as a compliment.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

ALady

QuoteI curse occasionally...never use "Christ"...and am
partial to "for corn's sake!" and "Mother Fletcher!"

I think the "Christ" variants are a Catholic thing...I also enjoy "Jeezy Creezy" and the like.

That chick on "Rock of Love Bus" needs to stop trying to make "What the French?" happen.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Sassbox

Yup...Catholic here.  Come to think of it, I should probably stop using "jeez", too.  Although a friend recently tried to rationalize its use by claiming it's Latin for "crap".  LOL.

Someone used "f*cksticks" the other day and that one had me laughing.  Bad girl.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

Taterbug

I can have pretty foul language at times. I am good at turning it on and off.  My wife NEVER swears, instead of saying shit she says sugar Molasses. There are 2 things I have never heard my wife do in 22 years and that is swear and fart.  Me on the other hand, when we were dating  I lit a fart in front of her cuz she said it couldn't be done. I think that was the only time I was ever right :)...
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

meggha

fucking jesus h. christ!

wooow woo woo
"Yeah, it's chaos, it's clocks, it's watermelons, it's everything."

jones

QuoteYup...Catholic here.  Come to think of it, I should probably stop using "jeez", too.  Although a friend recently tried to rationalize its use by claiming it's Latin for "crap".  LOL.

Someone used "f*cksticks" the other day and that one had me laughing.  Bad girl.

Another Catholic here... I have heard 'Cheese And Rice' a few times.