Main Menu

Cursing

Started by red, Oct 24, 2008, 04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

What's everyone's opinion on cursing?  Do you do it?  Often?  Any choice words?  Can a curse make a statement more effective, or dumb it down?  

I'm a fan of cursing here and there, but sometimes I feel like a philistine when I do.  Shit is my favourite curse word, by far.

I find it fascinating they way I cater my speech to present company, for example - I can count the number of times I've cursed in my mothers company on one hand, but when I'm out with my friends curses just seem to slip out of my mouth.  

Humour me!

corey

My mom gave up trying to keep me from cursing years ago. I don't curse in the middle of a big family event or anything, but if we're just sittin' around talking or on the phone, I usually let them fly.  :)

Penny Lane

when i was little, my mom told me that swearing hurt Jesus's feelings so i grew up thinking that...to this day i rarely (if ever) swear....a potty mouth says a lot about a person (IMO)

but if an expletive does slip out, it's normally: asshat, douche, f*cknut or packing a bowel (technically not a swear)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Crispy

Quotepacking a bowel
:o :o :o :o
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Penny Lane

Quotepacking a bowel
:o :o :o :o

lol--it gets thru the work filter (dual meaning-smoking or having to go #2 at work but always having too many people around) either way, it's just not that pleasant of an expression

they don't say that in OK?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

getinthevan

I used to curse a lot until I realized how unintelligent it sounded so I've drastically cut back.  I think it generally dumbs things down, but at times can be quite effective, especially when used sparingly or said in anger.

My prefered curse is goddammit.  I don't know why, it just always seems to be the first one to slip out.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

vespachick

Shit, I fucking curse all the godamn time!

I guess that says something about me. :-[
That I love to curse!!
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

mjkoehler

I swear like a fucking damned sailor.  ::)

I gots no prob with cursing as long as it's not overboard. Of course drop the "C" word and it's on!

Lately my favorite has been "Are you out of your fucking mind?!?!" [size=8]see current complaints for my last post there. ugh[/size]

Crispy

"You have got to be fucking kidding me!" --me, all the time
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

BH

I like the ones that start out bad but then turn to something more innocent.

For example, EC used to crack me up all the time her "Mother of Pearl!"
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

bearass

like eat shit angel?

bold99

Fuck.  say it, it just feels good.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

TGMC421

QuoteFuck.  say it, it just feels good.

;D   I do agree

aMillionDreams

QuoteI like the ones that start out bad but then turn to something more innocent.

For example, EC used to crack me up all the time her "Mother of Pearl!"

How about Ms Yvon's "for the love of Pete!"

fuck ya , i curse.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

megalicious

all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Ghosts_on_TV

to each their own I guess. Fuck is a wonderful word though.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

tomEisenbraun

I dropped it for a while dating girls who didn't care for it, but it's sort of like smoking, picked it back up on the other side.

I can dig some inventive cussin, and I definitely don't go into a situation all guns blazing throwin the effer around. Actually, I prefer not to really use that one in mixed company unless the mixed company introduces its presence. Still, though, it feels a bit brash.

That said, a good old fashioned "fuck" goes a long ways.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

easy way

I rarely find the need for it, but when I do...fuckin' watch out!!!  ;)
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

weeniebeenie

I never curse out loud. I always feel weird when I do for some reason. I do a lot in my head though and I have no problem with others who curse.
How loud can silence get?