NCAA Hoops 2008-8009!!!!!!!

Started by primushead, Oct 30, 2008, 10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

primushead

Pitt/UConn tips off in another half hour.  I like this matchup!  

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ycartrob

There's a new sheriff in town....we're getting cranked up... I smell March.

primushead

A 20/20 game is fucking impressive, especially against Hasheem Thabeet.

March is on it's way!

capt. scotty

I was interested to see how D-Blair looked vs Thabeet, and not only did he stomp him offensively, but he played him great defensively limiting him to 4 shots, 4 points, and foul trouble - something that isnt normal for him. I didnt think Blair had the size to be good in the NBA, but I might change my mind. That block he had on Thabeet with around a minute left was nasty  :o

Considering Pitt still won with almost no support from anyone besides Young and Blair, and Fields didnt even do anything until the last 5 minutes, has me thinking this might be the year they finally make it past the Sweet 16.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

primushead

Yeah, I'll be very interested to see how Pitt fairs this year...If they don't at least get to the elite eight, that's a shame, because they are a crazy talented/experienced team that has the ability to beat everyone they play.

BH

That was a great game.  The Big East is so strong and deep this year but they have failed miserably in the tourney over the last three years.  Will they get it together or will OU be to strong?  Sorry Triple but the ACC has not done that well recently either.

Watch out for #11 MIZZOU!    ;)   (Actually I think 11 is a bit high but I'm just psyched we are playing so well this year.)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

capt. scotty

QuoteYeah, I'll be very interested to see how Pitt fairs this year...If they don't at least get to the elite eight, that's a shame, because they are a crazy talented/experienced team that has the ability to beat everyone they play.

I think 1 thing that will work in their favor is they are now a frontrunner for the #1 seed in the East, and barring the getting upset a couple of times over the next few weeks, I dont see them slipping past a #2 seed.

Over the last 6-7 years, Pitt has NEVER gotten the benefit of the doubt with their seeding. Every year pretty much, their record dictates they should be 1 or 2 seeds higher, but they arent. IMO, they're the anti-Gonzaga, who always gets seeded higher than they deserve.

I think this will provide them with an easier road to the Elite 8, not that who they would play at #3 or #4 will be a pushover though.

primushead

Tyler Zeller is back versus NC STATE tonight!  If there was any better time to gain a 7 footer mid season, I can't think of one.  Glad to have this guy back!

ycartrob

capt. scotty

primushead

QuoteSoup?

GGG?

Sorry, I've been out of town for the weekend.  But I did manage to see that game Saturday.  It sucked.  

Also:  UNC vs. Maryland 2009 on ABC at 3:30 (Upset loss)
        UNC vs. Maryland 2008 on ABC at 3:30 (Upset loss)

I'm not a fan of that time slot.

bowl of soup

QuoteSoup?

GGG?

Sorry, I've been out of town for the weekend.  But I did manage to see that game Saturday.  It sucked.  

Also:  UNC vs. Maryland 2009 on ABC at 3:30 (Upset loss)
        UNC vs. Maryland 2008 on ABC at 3:30 (Upset loss)

I'm not a fan of that time slot.

I missed the game.  I was running in a race on Saturday.  I came in, turned on the TV, and the fans were storming the court.  Vazquez seems to get motivated by the sight of Carolina blue.  That win puts us right on top of the bubble.  This is the worst MD team of the Gary Williams era - they do play hard though.  Dook Weds.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

capt. scotty

Way to go into Providence and show why youre #1 Pitt  :-/

The past Pitt teams that were talented had an achilles of free throws and not enough offense. This years team only achilles is clearly having Blair in foul trouble. Jamie Dixon has to get something across to him so he stays out of foul trouble in the big dance. IMO he should try to figure out how to get him to do that now instead of just going into the tourney with that mentality.

primushead

Seriously?  Pitt?  

#1 really does guarantee a loss...

ycartrob

ESPN has got to draw the line. I can handle the scrolling headlines/scores on the bottom of the screen, but they had live texting scrolling on the top during the Neb/A&M game. Combine all that with the score/clock graphic, and I could almost focus on the game. (it was hard enough to focus on that game anyway)

I think we are going to create a generation of kids who are ADD b/c of all the information and bells and whistles. jeeezz, isn't showing the game enough? :-/

capt. scotty

QuoteESPN has got to draw the line. I can handle the scrolling headlines/scores on the bottom of the screen, but they had live texting scrolling on the top during the Neb/A&M game. Combine all that with the score/clock graphic, and I could almost focus on the game. (it was hard enough to focus on that game anyway)

I think we are going to create a generation of kids who are ADD b/c of all the information and bells and whistles. jeeezz, isn't showing the game enough? :-/

yeah, I didnt see that, but its gotten to the point where its annoying, ESPN had it best when they had the 28/58 score updates. If you needed/wanted more up to date info, go to a damn computer.

The only thing I do like is how CBS shows a good bit of player stats on sundays because Im a fantasy football fiend - but even that only comes up on the screen every 10 minutes or so and everyone knows the NFL is the most important sport anyway  :)

aMillionDreams

QuoteESPN has got to draw the line. I can handle the scrolling headlines/scores on the bottom of the screen, but they had live texting scrolling on the top during the Neb/A&M game. Combine all that with the score/clock graphic, and I could almost focus on the game. (it was hard enough to focus on that game anyway)

yeah, I didnt see that, but its gotten to the point where its annoying, ESPN had it best when they had the 28/58 score updates. If you needed/wanted more up to date info, go to a damn computer.

The only thing I do like is how CBS shows a good bit of player stats on sundays because Im a fantasy football fiend - but even that only comes up on the screen every 10 minutes or so and everyone knows the NFL is the most important sport anyway  :)

That gets annoying to me, too. even in football, if you're that big of a fantasy geek get stattracker and then you don't need all the outdated "updates" littering the TV screen.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

goose

Seriously.  I don't mind seeing other scores, but when I have to see A-Rod admits to steriods 40 times during a game like a stock ticker, I get a little pissed.  The Olympics don't have all that crap and that is why the picture always looks so great!
Hooked on four like one, two, three

EAZYE

my soonies need mr. griffin back in a hurry :-/
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away