NCAA Hoops 2008-8009!!!!!!!

Started by primushead, Oct 30, 2008, 10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

primushead

QuoteOkay! Great night of hoops coming up in a couple of hours!  Who's everyone got?

I like Syracuse to upset UConn:  68-63

And of course the annual grudge match at Cameron Indoor.  

Carolina 78
dook 69

I think both Dook and NC are due to play some of their best ball tonight. My prediction (and it would be this even if Dook was undefeated and NC was winless):

NC- 83
Dook- 81

I hope it will be:

NC- 107
Dook- 43

I like your style, Tracy.

And, yes, Goose.  I hope we clobber all of those mo fos.

We don't want anymore of this:

capt. scotty

Meh, it was okay

Hansbrough winning all of his games at Cameron is quite remarkable though.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

aMillionDreams

Dayton most likely shot their way into March Madness after getting screwed out of it last year.  Xavier didn't have a bad game, but UD was unstoppable!

Too bad about Duke.  They just don't have an answer for Hansborough.  I'd like to see him matched up against Thabeet from Uconn.  I think we'd see why NBA scouts aren't exactly foaming at the mouth for this guy.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

at dawn

Blake Griffin is unstoppable.  So is Juan Pattillo.

That is all.

ycartrob

QuoteI'd like to see him matched up against Thabeet from Uconn.  I think we'd see why NBA scouts aren't exactly foaming at the mouth for this guy.

you're saying that the NBA isn't foaming at the mouth for Hansborough, right?

aMillionDreams

Yeah, he (hansborough) doesn't have the size to be this dominant in the pros.  No one can dog his game on the college level, but I think Thabeet might give me a glimpse of what he's going to face next year.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

wharf rat

QuoteMeh, it was okay

Hansbrough winning all of his games at Cameron is quite remarkable though.

Don't forget Danny Green, Frasor and Ginyard (unfortunately hurt) who have played more than small parts in these wins the last 4 years.

ycartrob

QuoteYeah, he (hansborough) doesn't have the size to be this dominant in the pros.  No one can dog his game on the college level, but I think Thabeet might give me a glimpse of what he's going to face next year.

I know how Hansborough feels; my game doesn't translate well once I get off the couch or am joined by another person at my driveway hoop. All alone, with no one around, I am virtually unstoppable!

EAZYE

QuoteBlake Griffin is unstoppable.  So is Juan Pattillo.

That is all.

well said at dawn!  I hope no one is sleeping on my soonies.  Willie Warren is legit.  We are deeper than we've ever been since I've been in Norman.  Cade Davis will contribute in the tourney mark my words.  And we have got to PAY Coach Capel at the end of the year.

Hey Greggg,  I would love to see Blake Griffin and Tyler bang in the Final Four.  What do you think?
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

capt. scotty

Moreso than Hansbrough, Im interested to see DeJaun Blair's matchup with Thabeet next week and at least the 1 more time they play this season.  Youd think he iss big with how dominant he is, but hes only 6'7'', though I think they say he has the wingspan on someone 6'11'' or something.

I think UNC could beat UCONN without relying on Hansbrough, Pitt probably couldnt without a decent game from Blair.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Hey Greggg,  I would love to see Blake Griffin and Tyler bang in the Final Four.  What do you think?

Thats 4 G's buddy  ;)

capt. scotty

Louisville got a beatdown big ugly white man stylee

ASU beat UCLA for the 2nd time again this year too...Maybe its just me but I see them getting upset fairly early this year

tower

The Louisville game just goes to show one thing as far as I'm concerned.  Anyone (at least in the top 25 or so) can lose to or beat anyone on any given night and it can be a blowout.

Duke gets hammered, UL gets hammered, MSU got hammered earlier by UNC...this thing is wide open and the championship is just about anyone's to take!
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

at dawn

That is all.

well said at dawn!  I hope no one is sleeping on my soonies.  Willie Warren is legit.  We are deeper than we've ever been since I've been in Norman.  Cade Davis will contribute in the tourney mark my words.  And we have got to PAY Coach Capel at the end of the year.

oh my that dunk Willie Warren had on ISU   :o  that looked like it could've been in an NBA dunking contest.  that's the thing, we're so damn deep!  and yes, Cade will def make a big 3 at some point...
PLEASE let us keep Capel around!!!!

EAZYE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a_wW6Zf0Qk

watch willie dunk on this kid.  the kid he is dunking on is the number 1 recruit in the state this year.

i think that's known as a tea-bag ;D

primushead

That is all.

I'd like to avoid that matchup if possible, because Tyler Hansbrough couldn't guard him at ALL.  Blake is a beast.  

capt. scotty

QuoteThe Louisville game just goes to show one thing as far as I'm concerned.  Anyone (at least in the top 25 or so) can lose to or beat anyone on any given night and it can be a blowout.

Duke gets hammered, UL gets hammered, MSU got hammered earlier by UNC...this thing is wide open and the championship is just about anyone's to take!

It is wide open, but I think theres only 8 or so teams that are good enough to not get upset on teh road to the championship.

Teams like Clemson, Notre Dame, etc. I think have the talent to upset a top dog, but I dont think theyre good enough to make it to the Final 4 or something

EAZYE

blake griffin 22 and 13 at the half

capt. scotty

Arizona is beating the poo out of UCLA...looks like 2 losses in a row for UCLA

ycartrob

I love watching Jim Boeheim coach. Here's one of his finest moments from a couple of years ago.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn3kPBww2w0[/media]