NCAA Hoops 2008-8009!!!!!!!

Started by primushead, Oct 30, 2008, 10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bam_Bam

The good thing about the Cards is that they are winning while still not playing very well. They miss easy shots and take some horrendous ones (T-Will's 3 from 5 ft. out for example) but they still win. They are outhustling every team they play and they have the best defense in the country right now. With a little fine tuning this team is ready to go all the way me thinks...

It doesn't matter that they aren't hitting their stride from outside the arc. The only time they really attempt threes is when Knowles, McGee, or Smith are in. Either way when you are getting 40 more shots than the other time like they did today against Syracuse then you are allowed to miss more. In the end the only stat that matters is the final score, and they are doing pretty well in that respect.
[url="//www.myspace.com/wearemurals"]www.myspace.com/wearemurals[/url]

goose

Hate to say it, but they are finally playing vintage Pitino ball.  They talked about how they have more 8-0 runs this year than any other team.
Hooked on four like one, two, three

tower

Perhaps, they are winning because they aren't taking so many threes?  Maybe Pitino reads this board, lol!  Regardless, nice stretch of W's for UL.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

aMillionDreams

QuotePerhaps, they are winning because they aren't taking so many threes?  Maybe Pitino reads this board, lol!  Regardless, nice stretch of W's for UL.

Nope, wrong again.  They took 31 threes last night and still managed to beat the eighth ranked team in the country.  Maybe you just don't know what you're talking about.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

tower

Was referring to the post by Tracy...

"4-11 from 3 point land...not living by the 3"

8 of 31, wow!  Impressive win...you might be right, then again I'll never admit it.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

ycartrob

QuotePerhaps, they are winning because they aren't taking so many threes?  Maybe Pitino reads this board, lol!  Regardless, nice stretch of W's for UL.

Nope, wrong again.  They took 31 threes last night and still managed to beat the eighth ranked team in the country.  Maybe you just don't know what you're talking about.

coffee on the keyboard, thanks    ;D

ycartrob

[size=24]Big Game in the Big East Tonight!![/size]

[size=8]yes, I am yelling[/size]

[size=24]#1 U Conn at #5 Louisville!

pre-March Maddness Maddness!![/size]

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

tower

Good luck, this should be their toughest test so far!  Pitino definitely has them playing well.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

jones

Quote[size=24]Big Game in the Big East Tonight!![/size]

[size=8]yes, I am yelling[/size]

[size=24]#1 U Conn at #5 Louisville!

pre-March Maddness Maddness!![/size]

I CAN'T WAIT! (i too am yelling, in italics)

aMillionDreams

Quote Pitino definitely has them playing well.

Shows what you know!  ;)

I don't know what happened to the Cards but after the first ten minutes they just looked overmatched.  Hopefully they can learn from this loss and get revenge in March.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

tower

Shows what you know!  ;)

I don't know what happened to the Cards but after the first ten minutes they just looked overmatched.  Hopefully they can learn from this loss and get revenge in March.

Maybe I should have said, "had" them playing well.  They didn't finish the Syracuse game well.  At least they lost to a #1, my Spartans lost at home to friggin Penn State the other night.  College bball is so up an down it's crazy.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

ycartrob

Shows what you know!  ;)

they obviously got confused and thought it was a 10 minute game. That's why they watched UConn play for the last 30 minutes.

primushead

I think Louisville just had an off night.  8 times out of 10, Hasheem Thabeet doesn't have a monster game like last night and Louisville beats them.  

Granted, it was a pretty wide margin of victory, but I still think Louisville and Marquette are the best teams in the BE.

bowl of soup

My Terps are awful this year.  The Michigan and Michigan State wins were flukes.  This is the worst Gary Williams Maryland team and his seat is getting hot (2002 was a long time ago).  I loved UNC earlier in the year - but letting my boys score 91 has got to give you pause.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

tower

QuoteMy Terps are awful this year.  The Michigan and Michigan State wins were flukes.  This is the worst Gary Williams Maryland team and his seat is getting hot (2002 was a long time ago).  I loved UNC earlier in the year - but letting my boys score 91 has got to give you pause.

Gary Williams has always struck me as sort of an enigma.  I think he's a very good coach most of the time but his teams and recruiting seem inconsistent.  I read somewhere recently where he and the AD were at serious odds and that he is basically gone.  Your point is well taken though, if UNC allows 91 points their defense is suspect which is why I think they're very good but not great and won't win the National Championship.  I find it amusing that everyone on TV at the beginning of the year had basically mailed the trophy to UNC and now, well...Dick Vitale is clearly an idiot.  I think the championship is wide open and my buddy thinks this might a year for a George Mason type team.  
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

ycartrob

If you haven't seen Devan Downey of South Carolina you need to. Next time the Gamecocks are on make sure you check him out.

primushead

QuoteMy Terps are awful this year.  The Michigan and Michigan State wins were flukes.  This is the worst Gary Williams Maryland team and his seat is getting hot (2002 was a long time ago).  I loved UNC earlier in the year - but letting my boys score 91 has got to give you pause.

Defense was pretty terrible last night.  You guys got like 8 fast break points in a couple of minutes (thus the Roy timeout where he stared down all of the starters and didn't say a word..damn)

Truth is, Carolina's defense is usually always suspect.  We try and outscore opponents rather than guarding the 3 like we should be...grrr...

The dook game is a week from now, and dook is playing some DAMN good ball right now.  I'm a little worried.  If our D stays like this, there is no way we are going to win a championship.

tower

Defense was pretty terrible last night.  You guys got like 8 fast break points in a couple of minutes (thus the Roy timeout where he stared down all of the starters and didn't say a word..damn)

Truth is, Carolina's defense is usually always suspect.  We try and outscore opponents rather than guarding the 3 like we should be...grrr...

The dook game is a week from now, and dook is playing some DAMN good ball right now.  I'm a little worried.  If our D stays like this, there is no way we are going to win a championship.

I think UNC will beat Duke easily, they don't have the inside presence to hang and bang.  If they aren't hitting the three it'll be a blowout.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

ycartrob

I think UNC will beat Duke easily, they don't have the inside presence to hang and bang.  If they aren't hitting the three it'll be a blowout.

Coach K's teams live and die by the 3...