The Official March Madness Thread

Started by primushead, Mar 11, 2009, 02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Louisville/Orange should be a dandy tomorrow night
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

primushead

QuoteWatching the Penn St/Purdue game, and they just showed the 2009 All Big 10 First Team, and Talor Battle is the only one Ive even heard of, and thats probably only because he plays for PSU  ;D

That's because you've been watching ESPN.  Big Ten has their own network called the Big Ten Network.  The ACC has their own too, ESPN.

Oh, come on.  It's not that bad...is it?   :-/

Ruckus

Ugh

I got UCLA straight up and Wyoming getting 9 >:(
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Jon T.

I'm feeling big things from the Seminoles today!

Jon T.

ycartrob

2 things:

What's a coach's role in challenging if a 3 point goal was a 3 point goal? Maryland shot a 3 and coach K obviously challenged it, so the refs checked it, and it was a 3 anyway. But who decides to review those? Do the coaches get challenges like in football? I thought it was the refs call.

and, Duke is playing such tight defense, overplaying, etc... why not run the simple back door? I guess you need to be Princeton to play sound basketball like that.

OK

primushead

QuoteToney Douglas is a stud!

He is a great guard, that's for sure.  If Danny Green would've gotten more than 4 points we probably could've won.  But congrats to FSU.

I'm not too bummed because we still probably locked up a #1 seed in the south region AND Lawson should be back...let's get set for the REALLLL MAdddNEESS!!!

primushead

Quote2 things:

What's a coach's role in challenging if a 3 point goal was a 3 point goal? Maryland shot a 3 and coach K obviously challenged it, so the refs checked it, and it was a 3 anyway. But who decides to review those? Do the coaches get challenges like in football? I thought it was the refs call.

and, Duke is playing such tight defense, overplaying, etc... why not run the simple back door? I guess you need to be Princeton to play sound basketball like that.

OK

I think it's up to the Ref's most of the time (or so I thought)...but it is Coach K...so you never know how deep the refs are in his pocket.

And, yes, Maryland is completely tight tonight.  It's pretty easy to exploit dook's defense:  pound it inside and you'll win.  

Oh well.  I just hope the 'noles cream dook tomorrow.  Then all will be right with the world.

AND, how about Michigan State losing?  tower?

ycartrob

SEC championship.

Mississippi State's Rick Stansbury is one of the great, under the radar coaches in America. He always gets more out of his talent, year after year, especially at tournamnet time. If he had the talent that Pearl has at UT, he'd have them in the top 25.

If I were a betting man, I'd take the Bulldogs tomorrow. Of course, I could be wrong and the line will be around 4-5 in UT's favor, but take the Bulldogs; just a hunch.

tower

It's very difficult to win when you can't shoot.  And if the other team shoots well, it increases in difficulty.  This MSU team can beat anybody and I don't think a #2 seed hurts us which is likely what we'll be.  The problem we'll have is putting 6 games together because as we have shown we can throw out some total stinkers.  Hopefully the stinker doesn't come in the first few rounds!

Oh, and can I just say a big Fuck you to Digger Phelps?  Should have punched him in the face a couple years ago when I ran into him...was with my Mom and wife, that probably wouldn't have looked good.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

ycartrob

Oh, and can I just say a big Fuck you to Digger Phelps?  Should have punched him in the face a couple years ago when I ran into him...was with my Mom and wife, that probably wouldn't have looked good.

you get your ass handed to you by Ohio State and you're mad at Digger Phelps? Please, explain.

tower

Taking a shit in the Ohio State game and hating Digger Phelps are not directly related.  It just came to my mind because I heard him on the tv while typing.

I'd like to put him, Dickie V, Brent Musberger and Steve Lavin in the same bag that they stuffed Billy Packer into.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

capt. scotty

QuoteTaking a shit in the Ohio State game and hating Digger Phelps are not directly related.  It just came to my mind because I heard him on the tv while typing.

I'd like to put him, Dickie V, Brent Musberger and Steve Lavin in the same bag that they stuffed Billy Packer into.

Whats wrong with Dickie V baaaby!?!!?!?! You just aint a diaper dandy, thats all

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jon T.

QuoteToney Douglas is a stud!

He is a great guard, that's for sure.  If Danny Green would've gotten more than 4 points we probably could've won.  But congrats to FSU.

I'm not too bummed because we still probably locked up a #1 seed in the south region AND Lawson should be back...let's get set for the REALLLL MAdddNEESS!!!

Not for one second in half 2 did I think FSU would pull it off.  That game had heartbreaker (for us) written all over it.  But, they are playing good ball.  I thought those few BAD turnovers were going to do us in.  TH played one hell of a game against some pretty good D.

These upsets are setting the pace for a nice tournament.  :D

capt. scotty

Nice win for Louisville, though it looked like the Orange hit a wall in the 2nd half.

I thought the game would depend on what Terrence Williams did, and once again he had a great game and was probably the difference, especially considering his record setting 7 steals.

Im trying to think of a current or recent NBA player who has a similar game to him, but I cant. After looking at a couple recent drafts, Corey Brewer was the only guy I thought was somewhat similar. Anyone think of anybody?

capt. scotty

Think the four #1's is going to end up

UNC
Pitt
Louisville
Memphis

I think UConn should be in over Memphis, but I think theyll give it to Memphis for some unknown reason.

Anyone else think theres a big dropoff after say, the #3 seeds?? Thats what it seems like to me

aMillionDreams

QuoteNice win for Louisville, though it looked like the Orange hit a wall in the 2nd half.

I thought the game would depend on what Terrence Williams did, and once again he had a great game and was probably the difference, especially considering his record setting 7 steals.

Im trying to think of a current or recent NBA player who has a similar game to him, but I cant. After looking at a couple recent drafts, Corey Brewer was the only guy I thought was somewhat similar. Anyone think of anybody?

I think TWill's games resembles Dwayne Wade.  Neither have a great jumpshot but can make things happen all over the court including hitting some big threes and making spectacular steals when your team needs it.  

Ok, so UofL won the Big East tourney and they didn't need to beat UConn or Pitt, so let's hear what the "expert bracketologists" have to say about their chances of being a number one now.  Idiots!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

primushead

QuoteThink the four #1's is going to end up

UNC
Pitt
Louisville
Memphis

I think UConn should be in over Memphis, but I think theyll give it to Memphis for some unknown reason.

Anyone else think theres a big dropoff after say, the #3 seeds?? Thats what it seems like to me

If Memphis gets it, that's a travesty.  They lost their big OOC games, but made a "miracle" run through C-USA...big whoop.

I'd pick a team that lost to Pitt over a team that beat Tulane.  Still, Uconn shot itself in the foot in the BE tournament, so Memphis would probably have to get it.  

Brackets are out at 6 today!  Me=Stoked.

Penny Lane

unfortunately i had to come into work today so i can't watch but wanted to give a shout out to the BUCKEYES. Taking Purdue down today...:-)

still stunned we've gotten this far
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill