The College Football Thread

Started by rccola71, Sep 03, 2009, 09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Pitt-Cinci?

Florida-Bama?

Texas-Nebraska?

i'll take Cinci, Bama, and Texas..

...and if I was a Florida player, I'd tell Tebow to order a Code Red on Carlos Dunlap. What a dumbass
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

The DARK

Gonna be a hell of a week.

I'll be cheering for Nebraska with all my might. I'd really like to see my Bearcats or at the very least TCU try their hand at taking down one of the SEC monsters.
In another time, in another place, in another face

capt. scotty

Before last week's backyard brawl, I thought Pitt had a great shot at beating the Bearcats. Now, I dont think so. I think Cinci's offense is too dangerous, and after seeing Pitt's passing offense really struggle vs WVU, not sure they can keep up.

The key will definitely be too keep the Bearcats O off the field with a healthy dose of Dion Lewis all game, but Bill Stull will have to play better and not just lock on to Jonathan Baldwin all game.

...and how isnt Mardy Gilyard a Biletnikoff finalist?! I guess his #'s dont quite stack up with Shipley, Tate, and Barnes, but that guy has skills. Id be amazed if he isnt 1 of the first 5 WR's off the board in the 2010 draft.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

mjkoehler

capt. scotty

QuoteBefore last week's backyard brawl, I thought Pitt had a great shot at beating the Bearcats. Now, I dont think so. I think Cinci's offense is too dangerous, and after seeing Pitt's passing offense really struggle vs WVU, not sure they can keep up.

The key will definitely be too keep the Bearcats O off the field with a healthy dose of Dion Lewis all game, but Bill Stull will have to play better and not just lock on to Jonathan Baldwin all game.

...and how isnt Mardy Gilyard a Biletnikoff finalist?! I guess his #'s dont quite stack up with Shipley, Tate, and Barnes, but that guy has skills. Id be amazed if he isnt 1 of the first 5 WR's off the board in the 2010 draft.

Yep.
Yep.
Yep.
YEP.

what a game...thats gotta hurt to lose on a botched FG hold

capt. scotty

DAMN....what a day of football. I almost dont even want to watch the NFL games tomorrow because of all the college goodness that went on today.

MJK - 1st time I actually saw Nebraska play this year. That D is unreal and easily as good as Bama or whoever is the best in the country. Maybe you can comment on their offense, but they just seemed wayyy too conservative the whole game and especially in the 2nd half. I realize they dont want to lose the game that way, but still...Kicking it off OOB and that horse collar. WOW. talk about everything going Texas' way. If they dont kick that OOB, I dont think Texas wins that game.

I really wanted Texas to lose. I dont think theyre that good. Id much rather see Bama play TCU or maybe Cincinnati. I think Bama will embarass Texas.

Mostly watched that game, but switched over to the GT-Clemson game often. CJ Spiller is straight nasty. Looks like the next Chris Johnson.

I say the Heisman should be between 2 people: Toby Gerhart and Toby Gerhart

...and then there's the Heisman where maybe a QB or RB doesnt win it for once, and Terrence Cody and Ndamukong Suh are both finalists as well.

It is for the best player in the nation, right?

mjkoehler

Still so fucking pissed off right now.

They have NO offense, whatsoever. Bo Paleni is stuck with the shit that was recruited before him. Their D is unbelievable. I hate that stupid fucking horse collar rule, get rid of it or change it to be flagrant/non flagrant, as that one was not flagrant and really hurt.

Angry Ewok

Quote1st time I actually saw Nebraska play this year. That D is unreal and easily as good as Bama

A bit of an overstatement, I think. That DT is absolutely incredible and should get a Heisman nod, but you just said an 8-4 team has a D just-as-good as a 13-0 team.

Anyway, here are the stats,

Total D
Alabama #2
Nebraska #9

Passing D
Alabama #7
Nebraska #25

Rushing D
Alabama #2
Nebraska #11

Scoring D
Alabama #1
Nebraska #2

Interceptions
#5 Alabama
#9 Nebraska

Sacks
#2 Nebraska
#25 Alabama

Tackles for Loss
#15 Nebraska
#16 Alabama

Strength of Schedule
#1 Alabama
#24 Nebraska

QuoteI think Bama will embarass Texas.

I dunno... Texas looked like dog crap and BAMA looked invincible - that worries me, because BAMA performs better when the media hypes the other team.

QuoteI say the Heisman should be between 2 people: Toby Gerhart and Toby Gerhart

If I was a voter,

1) Ingram
2) Suh
3) CJ Spiller
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Angry Ewok

mjkoehler

Their record really should be 11-2. Those are not loses because the other team was better or drove down and won, those 4 loses are because their offense sucks beyond belief.

BH

I think Alabama is going to win but I bet Texas scores more than the 13 points that Nebraska held them to.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

capt. scotty

Quote1st time I actually saw Nebraska play this year. That D is unreal and easily as good as Bama

A bit of an overstatement, I think. That DT is absolutely incredible and should get a Heisman nod, but you just said an 8-4 team has a D just-as-good as a 13-0 team.

Thats an inherently flawed argument. Yes, in most of those categories you just listed Bama is statistically better and I probably would say Bama's D is better, but its not like theyre 13-0 because they have the greatest D ever and a subpar offense (not to mention 1 of the best kickers in NCAA). If not for the offense, they'd have at least 2 losses this year.

...and I dont get the CJ Spiller Heisman talk at all. Look at the guys numbers. He's only 26th in the nation in rushing yards and thats after he just put up 233 yards.

I dont think Gerhart will win, but he undeniably has the best numbers for a worthy candidate, in a conference that is at worst 2nd best in the nation this year

BH

Quotein a conference that is at worst 2nd best in the nation this year

We'll see about that.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

megalicious

just so y'all know, if anyone wants to buy me airfare, hotel, and ticket to the national championship, i'm ok with that.

;D

also: wtf was up with urban meyer being hospitalized for "dehydration" sunday night? sounds like someone was trying to drink the pain away...

all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Angry Ewok

Quotewtf was up with urban meyer being hospitalized for "dehydration" sunday night? sounds like someone was trying to drink the pain away...

mjkoehler

Quotewtf was up with urban meyer being hospitalized for "dehydration" sunday night? sounds like someone was trying to drink the pain away...

hahahahahahahahahaha

The DARK

;D ;D ;D Brilliant.

They're gonna need to put him in the long term ward after Pike rips through their D.

Angry Ewok

Personally, I think the Gators are going to redeem themselves after the ass whipping they got from the Tide. I wouldn't be surprised to see something very similar to the Georgia vs. Hawaai Sugar Bowl, a few years back. 41 to 10.

capt. scotty

I doubt they hold Cincy to 10, but considering how bad Cincy's D is, they dont have much of a shot.

That said, saying Florida will slam them isnt exactly going out on a limb though. Florida are the biggest favorites of any game played after Dec 26th at -10

The DARK

I'm a bit biased here as a Cincinnati fan.  ;)

But if Florida couldn't stop Bama's offense, they are going to have plenty on their hands between Pike, Gilyard, and the vastly underrated and underused Pead. And I know Florida will be playing with heart, but at the same time, Cincinnati will be playing with the future of their coach in mind.

And yet our D sucks beyond belief. Captain's right about record not defining the level of defense. We've still managed to be undefeated, and yet we get 40 points dropped on us regularly.

The logical part of my head still tells me Florida can take care of business here. 49-31 Gators is my realistic prediction. But I'm not gonna pretend that we don't have a shot.  ;)