NBA Playoffs

Started by capt._headdy, May 19, 2009, 11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leontheslut

Are you gonna miss him when he's playing for the Knicks? Or are you just a Lebron fan?
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Penny Lane

QuoteAre you gonna miss him when he's playing for the Knicks? Or are you just a Lebron fan?

Leon-He'll never be a Knick. I thought he might consider the Nets in that new Brooklyn arena but now...no way. The Knicks have no more of a chance of giving him a title.  Besides, who wants to deal w/that evil NY media, KING JAMES SHALL CONTINUE TO REIGN IN CLEVERLAND in spite of a dissappointing season. It will only make them stronger. Mark my words 2010 will be our year.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Leontheslut

QuoteAre you gonna miss him when he's playing for the Knicks? Or are you just a Lebron fan?

Isn't his contract over? Why would he stay in Clevland? I'm sure he's had his fill of mediocre fat girls. JK He's gonna move on to a real market when his contract is up. If I was him I would take the three year 150 million from Athens if my goal was to be a billionaire.

And the whole thing about not having a shot with the Knicks: Any team he goes to will be a contender. You add one more good player and the Knick will have as good a chance as anyone.
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Leontheslut

And I hear Spike Lee gives a mean handjob

Penny Lane

He's staying. It's not about $.

aMillionDreams

Leon -- first off, Lebron has another year on his contract.  He is from Ohio and proud to be, that's why he might stay.  I can't blame him if he goes though, and yes I will be a Lebron fan no matter where he goes.  Will you always nick-pick every specular performance he has no matter where he goes?

And you're right most of Cleveland's successes were due to Lebron and most of their failures were due to the people around him, I don't see what's so "wrong" about that logic.  Are you saying Cleveland would be better without Lebron? You think they win because of Booby Gibson and lose because of LeBron? If not, I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

Also, I never name-called, I was just stating my opinions same as you.  Just because I have a different opinion than you doesn't mean I think you're an asshole. You don't have to take everything so personal, it's really not all about you.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Leontheslut

QuoteHe's staying. It's not about $.
I thought the same thing when Brian Dawkins left the Eagles.

DO NOT KID YOURSELF, everything is about the money.

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Leontheslut

QuoteLeon -- first off, Lebron has another year on his contract.  He is from Ohio and proud to be, that's why he might stay.  I can't blame him if he goes though, and yes I will be a Lebron fan no matter where he goes.  Will you always nick-pick every specular performance he has no matter where he goes?

And you're right most of Cleveland's successes were due to Lebron and most of their failures were due to the people around him, I don't see what's so "wrong" about that logic.  Are you saying Cleveland would be better without Lebron? You think they win because of Booby Gibson and lose because of LeBron? If not, I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

Also, I never name-called, I was just stating my opinions same as you.  Just because I have a different opinion than you doesn't mean I think you're an asshole. You don't have to take everything so personal, it's really not all about you.
I dunno mate, by how offended you all got when I said he was too much a coward to take those clutch shots it seems like I spit on somebody's mommy. I didn't know you were all so tight!

Fact is you can name every reason why you want him to stay in Cleavland, but the fact is he won't. He will go to a bigger market IMO. He's too big a star to have in a town that only cares about bball 'cause he is there.

And yes Lebron does deserve part of the blame for them losing. There you go trying to twist words again. Do you think that I think they're better without him? Of course they're not, but you can't say he is the only reason they were successful and not part of the reason they lost? I didn't watch a lot of the series, but I would say he made some mistakes that I saw, which is common in bball.

He is only a man, and he and the rest of his team choked in the playoffs. I'm kinda disappointed. I was hoping to watch Kobe take him to school.

Leontheslut

Penny Lane

Fact is you can name every reason why you want him to stay in Cleveland, but the fact is he won't. He will go to a bigger market IMO. He's too big a star to have in a town that only cares about bball 'cause he is there.

what are you talking about? i grew up going to richfield coliseum and i remember when the then Gund Arena was built. it wasn't like if you build it and draft him from down the street, they will come. cleveland's always been a tri sport town. lebron isn't leaving, but if he does, cleveland's not going to crawl off and die; heck i remember cleveland fans flocking there to see danny ferry..if that isn't loyalty, i don't know what is.

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Orlando +6.5...mark it down.

I wouldnt be surprised if they win tonight outright actually

Leontheslut

Fact is you can name every reason why you want him to stay in Cleveland, but the fact is he won't. He will go to a bigger market IMO. He's too big a star to have in a town that only cares about bball 'cause he is there.

what are you talking about? i grew up going to richfield coliseum and i remember when the then Gund Arena was built. it wasn't like if you build it and draft him from down the street, they will come. cleveland's always been a tri sport town. lebron isn't leaving, but if he does, cleveland's not going to crawl off and die; heck i remember cleveland fans flocking there to see danny ferry..if that isn't loyalty, i don't know what is.
I read somewhere there a 75% increase in attendance after he came there. Maybe that was incorrect.

capt. scotty

Tonights game was great, but Im disappointed with the outcome.

Magic owned in the first half - or maybe I should say SuperDwight owned, and I thought their ability to keep it tight thru the 4th was great considering the Lakers push. I cant believe not only did Fisher hit the shot to force it to OT, but sink the shot that basically won them the game, after he barely made a shot the whole game, CRAZY

IMO bad coaching by Magic. Youre up 3 in regulation and you let Fisher take that?! WTF?!

I really wanted this to be 2-2. Now, this isnt pretty much over, it is OVER.  :-/

I love Kobe, but ironically Ive found myself cheering for the Magic.

Leontheslut

Stan Van Gundy and his goofiness are the only reason to watch these games.

TheBigChicken

QuoteStan Van Gundy and his goofiness are the only reason to watch these games.
Stan Van Jeremy you mean... ;D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Leontheslut

That was his second career choice. He was too scurred of the A1ds.

;D

capt. scotty

Seems like an apt time to bump this

Just saw highlights of the Celtics game, Garnett throwing 'bows. Got 2 techs, Id be surprised if he doesnt get suspended. Surprising move by a 15 year vet

capt. scotty

Might actually watch me some NBA tonight since the Cavs-Celtics seems to be heating up

...well, at least I'll watch it until the Blackhawks-Canucks game starts