Informal Spitting Poll

Started by crispy, Jun 04, 2010, 12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

I have this habit of spitting before I pee, every time, no matter where I am. Anybody else do this, or for the ladies, have you ever heard of guys doing this? I was having a discussion with a friend and told her I thought it was pretty common, just one of those things guys do. Tell me I'm not crazy, people. Or let me know that I am, whatever.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

BH

I don't do that every time, but now that you say it, there does seem to be an odd urge to spit pre-pee.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjkoehler

Crispy

Thank GOD I've gotten a tiny bit of affirmation on this!

With you two guys weighing in, now I'm wondering if this could be a Middle America thing, my friend being on the west coast.

Oh hell Dave, I've probably wrecked you...if you didn't before, from now on, you're going to spit before you pee every time and curse my name.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

johnnYYac

Sorry to say, I have no idea what you're talking about.  Doesn't mean you're nuts or weird, just different from me.  That's not necessarily a bad thing.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

mjkoehler

We have a very diverse group in my office. A few non natives and several left and right coasters. Everyone spits first it seems. Doesn't matter if it's the lowely mail guy or the #4 dude in the company. It's a guy thing. Not sure if we are marking the territory or giving ourselves a target. I know in Sweden (or maybe it's Finland), they have a tiny picture of a fly imbedded into urinals so guys have a target. it's instinct.

BH

QuoteThank GOD I've gotten a tiny bit of affirmation on this!

With you two guys weighing in, now I'm wondering if this could be a Middle America thing, my friend being on the west coast.

Oh hell Dave, I've probably wrecked you...if you didn't before, from now on, you're going to spit before you pee every time and curse my name.

No problem, I was just thinking the other day, "I need to spit more often."   :)    The real problem is going to be when I'm 87 and I'm sitting on the couch when I pee.  I'll have to wear depends AND carry a spit cup.  
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Crispy

No problem, I was just thinking the other day, "I need to spit more often."   :)    The real problem is going to be when I'm 87 and I'm sitting on the couch when I pee.  I'll have to wear depends AND carry a spit cup.  
Ha! I think at that age, you'll just dribble down your chest and call it good.

I think for those of us who do pre-pee spit, it seems like every guy does it. Those who don't never realized it's a thing. Women have no clue whatsoever, and don't notice when men do it...unless it aggravates the hell out of them, as it did my ex-wife.

pawpaw

I feel like I used to a lot more, maybe every time, but I still spit probably 25-35% of the time before I take a piss. More often at a toilet than urinals. It depends on if I'm in a hurry too...if I am, I probably won't spit, but if I've got time to enjoy the pressure relief and can step up casually, I'll almost always spit.

Oh, and I'm on the West Coast. Can't speak for the rest of the guys out here, but I do enjoy spitting, wherever.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Jon T.

This is hilarious.  I've never even heard of such.  I suck at being a dude.  

mjkoehler

there are 2 kinds of guys, ones that do and ones that lie about doing it. Err, wait wrong subject.

I'm betting the numbers are something like 90% of guys do it with a large portion oblivious to the fact they do the pre pee spit ritual.

Crispy

Quotethere are 2 kinds of guys, ones that do and ones that lie about doing it. Err, wait wrong subject.

I'm betting the numbers are something like 90% of guys do it with a large portion oblivious to the fact they do the pre pee spit ritual.
Yeah, I get the idea that lots of guys do it without even knowing. Johnny and Jon T might learn something about themselves next time at the pisser... ;D

mjkoehler

Quotethere are 2 kinds of guys, ones that do and ones that lie about doing it. Err, wait wrong subject.

Yeah, I get the idea that lots of guys do it without even knowing. Johnny and Jon T might learn something about themselves next time at the pisser... ;D
You learn a lot about yourself at the pisser.

Penny Lane

weirdos, do you spit in the urinals/toilets or the sink?

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Paulie_Walnuts

Count me in as a spitter at the urinals. Never thought about it much until now. And it got me thinking.........

Whenever I go to my kitchen sink to make a drink I always like to let the water run for a bit first so that it's nice and cold, and I always spit in the sink as the water is running! Also, I bath every morning before work. When I am getting out of the bath but still standing in it drying myself I spit into the bath at the opposite end to where I'm standing so that it goes down right above the plug hole. It's become a habit, I do it every time!

Back to the urinal theme however. When I'm at home I don't have a urinal, so generally I sit down to piss. It's much more comfortable and there's no splashback! I then tend to spit down the gap and wash that sucker away. The only downside to sitting down for a piss is if your dick dangles in the water. Some of you smaller guys won't know what I'm talking about.....  ;)

Tell me I'm not alone guys!
Paulie W

BH

Quoteweirdos, do you spit in the urinals/toilets or the sink?

Not the sink!  Gross.   ;D

aMillionDreams

I don't but I have noticed guys doing it before.  I wonder what that's all about.

Not meaning to thread jack, but I always cough when I stick a q-tip in my left ear, not my right.  Anybody else?
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Penny Lane

okay hold the phone, this thread is getting good.

do other guys sit down to pee (like PW?)

Dylan--that's kinda weird, too...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Crispy

QuoteCount me in as a spitter at the urinals. Never thought about it much until now. And it got me thinking.........

Whenever I go to my kitchen sink to make a drink I always like to let the water run for a bit first so that it's nice and cold, and I always spit in the sink as the water is running! Also, I bath every morning before work. When I am getting out of the bath but still standing in it drying myself I spit into the bath at the opposite end to where I'm standing so that it goes down right above the plug hole. It's become a habit, I do it every time!

Back to the urinal theme however. When I'm at home I don't have a urinal, so generally I sit down to piss. It's much more comfortable and there's no splashback! I then tend to spit down the gap and wash that sucker away. The only downside to sitting down for a piss is if your dick dangles in the water. Some of you smaller guys won't know what I'm talking about.....  ;)

Tell me I'm not alone guys!
Ummm...not alone in sitting down to pee, or the dick-dangling far enough to get wet? I need clarification before I answer...

Thanks, Dylan, I knew you could be counted on to weird up this thread! (I fully expected other bodily-function oddities to show up here)

And yeah, Penny, into the urinal, toilet, tree, or wall...it never occurred to me to spit in the sink first. ;)

mjkoehler

Um, no sitting to pee for guys. Absolutly NOT.

I wonder if this guys spit beforehand?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGmrWGBS_8Y[/media]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGmrWGBS_8Y