The LOST thread

Started by Ghosts_on_TV, May 10, 2007, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quotewtf, that link.. wtf.

Here's a better one:

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Candidates#Known_candidates

this fucking bullshit is what I'm talking about.  They make you think it's ultra complicated and the fucking answer ends up being right in front of your face.

el_chode

Rumor: Tonite is all MiB and Jacob
I'm surrounded by assholes

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteRumor: Tonite is all MiB and Jacob

don't tease me chode, I need this.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

If tonight is seriously the jacob/mib episode I'm going to blow my load all over the place.  this shit is going to be BOMB.  it'd be kinda cool if they ended the series with a paradox or something.

el_chode

OK, here's what I know:

I was told from a source about as reputable as another person just like me who sits on the couch and gets way into shit that the third to last episode before the finale is a Jacob/MiB episode.

That makes it this week, right?

el_chode

Ok, so I did some digging. I think I'm gonna blue ball you, but tonight does not seem to be that episode.

However, if the spoilers I read are true, it's gonna be fucking huge tonight. Like huge enough that it will more than make up for any lack of Jacob MiB

But yeah, my friend said he read there is going to be one episode that is entirely MiB/Jacob with almost none of the other cast members to finally answer just how/why they got to where they are.

Perhaps next week...

EDIT: This is the official ABC Press release regarding the episode:

don't read below if you don't want to know the tagline for the episode

Jack must decide whether or not to trust Locke after he is asked to follow through on a difficult task.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteOk, so I did some digging. I think I'm gonna blue ball you, but tonight does not seem to be that episode.

However, if the spoilers I read are true, it's gonna be fucking huge tonight. Like huge enough that it will more than make up for any lack of Jacob MiB

But yeah, my friend said he read there is going to be one episode that is entirely MiB/Jacob with almost none of the other cast members to finally answer just how/why they got to where they are.

Perhaps next week...

EDIT: This is the official ABC Press release regarding the episode:

don't read below if you don't want to know the tagline for the episode

Jack must decide whether or not to trust Locke after he is asked to follow through on a difficult task.

tonight sounds dandy.  I've heard the same thing as you about the Jacob/MiB episode, I thought it was suppose to be the episode before the finale though.   it'll be interesting tonight because jack never refers to MiB as locke he has called him "It" since he's gotten back to the island and he said specifically something about wanting to see why it'd be so scared if he stayed.  hopefully desmond pops up also.  if widmore were to waste everyone on hydra island, with the exception of hurley I'm not sure I'd care much.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

balls.  next weeks looks extremely tantalizing.  mmm. jacob.

So after 6 years of redeeming pretty much the only arab character on the show, restoring the united states faith in sayid and his bad assness, after being all 9/11 about it when the show debuted.  Sayid's character, man, what a bad ass character.  To be totally honest I thought his death via suicide bomber was kind of hilarious.  It might just be this chronic but man dudes, haha.   there some loose ends to be tied up with this sub shit and we need to get it worked out.

lapidus - dead
jin/sun - dead.  damn mang.  they died all my heart will go on style.  
sayid   - dead as fuck.  as I said above they still after 6 years made him play a terrorist at the end of the day.
kate    - shot as fuck but can't die because that hoe is a still a motha fuckin candidate boo ya!  she's lookin mighty fine with that gun shot drip down her boob all hot like.  damn.  I hope she lives because she loves jack again and that's all I really care about when the show is said and done.  jack and kate plus 8 with walt and vincents ghosts stopping in from time to time to say hello.

I'm fairly stunned by what just went down.  it was clever, not until jack was on the sub and mib wasn't did it seem like shit was fucked.  I love how jack worked that psychology mind game chess match like a mofo.  tonight's death's were hell sad if lapidus is really dead.  that door wailed him face to nuts so I think he's done sons.  fuckin a.  

kydiddle

Quoteballs.  next weeks looks extremely tantalizing.  mmm. jacob.

So after 6 years of redeeming pretty much the only arab character on the show, restoring the united states faith in sayid and his bad assness, after being all 9/11 about it when the show debuted.  Sayid's character, man, what a bad ass character.  To be totally honest I thought his death via suicide bomber was kind of hilarious.  It might just be this chronic but man dudes, haha.   there some loose ends to be tied up with this sub shit and we need to get it worked out.

lapidus - dead
jin/sun - dead.  damn mang.  they died all my heart will go on style.  
sayid   - dead as fuck.  as I said above they still after 6 years made him play a terrorist at the end of the day.
kate    - shot as fuck but can't die because that hoe is a still a motha fuckin candidate boo ya!  she's lookin mighty fine with that gun shot drip down her boob all hot like.  damn.  I hope she lives because she loves jack again and that's all I really care about when the show is said and done.  jack and kate plus 8 with walt and vincents ghosts stopping in from time to time to say hello.

I'm fairly stunned by what just went down.  it was clever, not until jack was on the sub and mib wasn't did it seem like shit was fucked.  I love how jack worked that psychology mind game chess match like a mofo.  tonight's death's were hell sad if lapidus is really dead.  that door wailed him face to nuts so I think he's done sons.  fuckin a.  

It ached in my heart place. Next week looks good. What if the fate of humanity comes down to a checkers match between Flocke and Widmore? Lame.

I am sad about Jin in particular. I loved how he said "Sawyer".

Soy-ah!
Cow temperature.

mjkoehler

That was a bit...intense.

el_chode

Not much to say about this one going forward. Didn't raise any really "unique" situations, but goddamn that tied up a lot of storylines.

Also, funny how Locke lost his legs in a plane crash in the new reality.

AMightyCaporal

Its interesting also that Sawyer is responsible for all of these deaths... I wonder if that is going to fuck his mental state up for the final episodes.  Also, Jack has been slowly taking a more prominent role in the show.  For a while he was just back seat, taking it all in- makes me think he is the one.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

el_chode

QuoteIts interesting also that Sawyer is responsible for all of these deaths... I wonder if that is going to fuck his mental state up for the final episodes.  Also, Jack has been slowly taking a more prominent role in the show.  For a while he was just back seat, taking it all in- makes me think he is the one.

Did he though? Obviously the bomb was rigged to explode and wasn't a total decoy. Was it inevitable?

Also interesting how Sayid was "done" with his job much in the same way as whatever her name was who was supposed toprotect jacob

AMightyCaporal

QuoteIts interesting also that Sawyer is responsible for all of these deaths... I wonder if that is going to fuck his mental state up for the final episodes.  Also, Jack has been slowly taking a more prominent role in the show.  For a while he was just back seat, taking it all in- makes me think he is the one.

Did he though? Obviously the bomb was rigged to explode and wasn't a total decoy. Was it inevitable?

Also interesting how Sayid was "done" with his job much in the same way as whatever her name was who was supposed toprotect jacob

well it would appear that this whole time Flocke has been trying to kill the survivors/candidates... I think that he can't kill them so if the bomb was not touched by Sawyer, Jack would have been right- It couldn't explode.  But since Sawyer touched it, technically Flocke wasn't the one who triggered the explosion.  

and where the hell are Ben and Miles at?!?!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

dcdub

Yeah I'm with you on that one, I think Jack was right and Sawyer really effed things up. Remember the dynamite in the Richard episode. The island wouldn't let Richard kill himself, the same way it wont let MiB kill the candidates just like the kid in the woods told him.
Shooting in the dark as to what's best

el_chode

QuoteYeah I'm with you on that one, I think Jack was right and Sawyer really effed things up. Remember the dynamite in the Richard episode. The island wouldn't let Richard kill himself, the same way it wont let MiB kill the candidates just like the kid in the woods told him.

Ok good point, but Jack really didn't explain it well at the time either.

Maybe this is a problem in the narrative, but I thought if you truly were a candidate, you COULDN'T die until you were "done". This is why Locke kept auto-healing and shit.

But then again, people kept getting crossed off.

Still a mystery why Kate got crossed off.

el_chode

Also, side note:

I'm amazed at why people like my mom and my mother in law like to be so "obsessed" with the show, yet the questions they keep asking me and my fiancee indicate they had no idea there's two separate timelines. WTF are they watching?

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteYeah I'm with you on that one, I think Jack was right and Sawyer really effed things up. Remember the dynamite in the Richard episode. The island wouldn't let Richard kill himself, the same way it wont let MiB kill the candidates just like the kid in the woods told him.

Maybe this is a problem in the narrative, but I thought if you truly were a candidate, you COULDN'T die until you were "done". This is why Locke kept auto-healing and shit.

Well we know for a fact now MiB hasn't had to tell them the truth whatsoever.  He chooses what information to give them.

So Sayid blew up because it was a sacrifice? Similar to how Michael couldn't kill himself until the freighter?

I wonder if the bomb could have gone off since there were people who weren't candidates around.   Similar to Bram, he was in that ash ring and what killed him was a piece of the ceiling.  In the first episode when the black smoke zooms in to blow up the plane it's the same thing.  using other objects to kill them.  Other people like Eko he could kill.  WHY?! WHY COULD HE KILL EKO! because he murdered people in cold blood? I thought he did his 40 days of silence to pay his dues and shit.  wtf wtf wtf.

these fucking rules.  I fucking watched that episode again right after and it was still like god damn I wish chode wouldn't have told me tonight was suppose to be the Jacob/MiB episode and then Sun/Jin died and I was like "damn next week is going to be so fucking bad ass" and then hurley cried and I was like "fuck, what if MiB is Aaron?"

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteAlso, side note:

I'm amazed at why people like my mom and my mother in law like to be so "obsessed" with the show, yet the questions they keep asking me and my fiancee indicate they had no idea there's two separate timelines. WTF are they watching?

dude my mom started watching during season 2 and never watched all of season 1.  "no mom they're not dead".  "no that pilot from the first episode was not important, he is the actor who plays Matt Parkman on Heroes", etc.   I told her it was about physics and that the universe on lost is the human mind itself.  I think she thought I was stoned... I probably was... fuckin a I hope Jacob turns into Vincent midair like that dude from twilight who is a werewolf and in that one scene he does that backflip->werewolf.  you get what I'm saying, it would be pretty amazing.

el_chode

Well we know for a fact now MiB hasn't had to tell them the truth whatsoever.  He chooses what information to give them.

So Sayid blew up because it was a sacrifice? Similar to how Michael couldn't kill himself until the freighter?

I wonder if the bomb could have gone off since there were people who weren't candidates around.   Similar to Bram, he was in that ash ring and what killed him was a piece of the ceiling.  In the first episode when the black smoke zooms in to blow up the plane it's the same thing.  using other objects to kill them.  Other people like Eko he could kill.  WHY?! WHY COULD HE KILL EKO! because he murdered people in cold blood? I thought he did his 40 days of silence to pay his dues and shit.  wtf wtf wtf.

these fucking rules.  I fucking watched that episode again right after and it was still like god damn I wish chode wouldn't have told me tonight was suppose to be the Jacob/MiB episode and then Sun/Jin died and I was like "damn next week is going to be so fucking bad ass" and then hurley cried and I was like "fuck, what if MiB is Aaron?"

Ok, so your posts make me think of two new points - one is sort of meta to the whole thing, the other not so much.

1) I wonder if the writers have taken the effort to create their own "rules" for the actions on the Island as far as who can kill whom, etc, or if they really are based on something else either in history, religion, or literature

2) Do we know if Jacob can shape-shift like MiB?
2a) Why does MiB need Locke to stay "anchored", or any body for that matter, when he could otherwise appear as anyone he needed to appear
2b) Back in season 2 or 3, how did Ben/Richard control him into appearing as certain things. Remember he could be summoned? Similarly, how did Ben release him that one time from that cave in his closet? What makes him have free will at some points, yet be totally automated at others?