The LOST thread

Started by Ghosts_on_TV, May 10, 2007, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Loblaw

QuoteI'm not sure if I buy into MiB being both the "light" and the smoke.  that would contradict the 6 years of light vs dark.  

How else do you explain that when MiB floated down the golden toilet "the light" seemed to vanish and then come flying out as the smokie.  Compare that to the fact that "the light" was still able to be harnessed by Ben through turning the wheel and moving the island?  It seems therefore, "the light" is at times turned on and off...  I don't know how to reconcile that beyond saying when he's out flying, he's smokie, when he's not, he's "the light".

Bob Loblaw

Quotealso, when Jacob threw MiB into the light he was unconscious, possibly even dead already.   I definitely think the smoke is only partially Jacob's brother, similar to how it is only partially john locke.  He has his memories, he looks like him but he also contains other souls or personalities or who knows what.

Yes!

mjkoehler

Good episode and good set up episode.

Ok, so they will all be at Jacks son's concert. I'm guessing the timelines get all f'n wonkier from there.

kydiddle

They are setting up the real-time and the sideways so that the Losty reunion and Flock's plan to destroy the island coincide. What will that cause? I have no idea.
Cow temperature.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteGood episode and good set up episode.

Ok, so they will all be at Jacks son's concert. I'm guessing the timelines get all f'n wonkier from there.

good call on the concert.  what is the connection between jack/faraday/jack's son?

when jack's son was playing that chopin song daniel played in timeline A I think they went out of their way to make sure that connection was highlighted.  So is Jack's sons mom Juliet?

mjkoehler

good call on the concert.  what is the connection between jack/faraday/jack's son?

when jack's son was playing that chopin song daniel played in timeline A I think they went out of their way to make sure that connection was highlighted.  So is Jack's sons mom Juliet?
That's what my money is on.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

That's what my money is on.

I hope so, after all Jack's been through it'd be nice to know he tapped at least one fine pure ass during his existence on the show.  Kate with her sawyer love affair was a real turn off.

el_chode

I also think it's Juliet.

Now do we have the return of Ben as a true villain? Or does he have something else up his sleeve?

Maybe this is all just a live-action Soft Bulletin, and we're just waiting for a superman to emerge or something.

As for the light and what caused the smoke monster, I'm resigned to certain mechanisms never being explained. I do think we need to know how smokey leaving causes the light to go out, or he can't leave if the light goes out.

And remember, there's a difference between the light going out and just being obscured.

Overall, I liked the episode and it really set the stage. I like the new action-desmond, though I am realizing I miss not having him around as much the entire season. It's like ordering a pizza and not having enough cheese on top, ya know? The pizza is still great, but it you still want more.
I'm surrounded by assholes

dcdub

Does anyone know why Daniel's last name is Faraday? His mother's last name was Hawking, his father is Widmore, where did Faraday come from? Its not relevant to what's going on, just wondering.
Shooting in the dark as to what's best

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteDoes anyone know why Daniel's last name is Faraday? His mother's last name was Hawking, his father is Widmore, where did Faraday come from? Its not relevant to what's going on, just wondering.

I don't remember exactly but I think eloise gave him the last name because she was making sure daniel didn't know his father was charles widmore.  Widmore funded all Faraday's early work, widmore paid for the home care for the dan's girlfriend after dan fried her brain.  Even then Daniel only thought of Widmore as an investor of sorts or something I think.

not too positive, can't remember all that went down.  

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI also think it's Juliet.

Now do we have the return of Ben as a true villain? Or does he have something else up his sleeve?

Maybe this is all just a live-action Soft Bulletin, and we're just waiting for a superman to emerge or something.

As for the light and what caused the smoke monster, I'm resigned to certain mechanisms never being explained. I do think we need to know how smokey leaving causes the light to go out, or he can't leave if the light goes out.

And remember, there's a difference between the light going out and just being obscured.

Overall, I liked the episode and it really set the stage. I like the new action-desmond, though I am realizing I miss not having him around as much the entire season. It's like ordering a pizza and not having enough cheese on top, ya know? The pizza is still great, but it you still want more.

The thing that is buggin me out is now they're all becoming closer to their former selves.  it's the most obvious in that scene with jack and locke in jack's office when they're back to square one fate vs. concidence.  

Ben however is polar opposite of his former self.  will Danielle Russeuox(sp?) and Alex remember what Ben did to them eventually or will they be oblivious because they died.  similar to how Ana Lucia, according to desmond "wasn't ready yet".  

They better not Battlestar Galactica us again.  Like you said awhile ago chode the "this has all happened before and it will happen again".

who knows, sunday is going to be the bomb though.  I'm sort of pissed that they moved it to breaking bad day though.  It causes quite the dilema.  

dcdub

Speaking of Ana Lucia, it struck me as odd that Hurley knew who she was without skipping a beat, like everything that happened on the island had all come back to him.

Ghosts_on_TV

It's intresting that it seems it's going to be a showdown between Jack and "Locke", but now Jack is the man of faith and Locke is the man of science.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

dcdub

Also, Jacob told Kate that he crossed her name off because she became a mother. He didn't cross of Kwon though. I guess it was Jin

SaraBananaBear

Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

;)

oh bananers.

SaraBananaBear

;)

oh bananers.

Wait, it doesn't stop there, I even got some info on how the Losties make sandwiches...  ;)

Jack
1. Gather ingredients
2. Point gun at ingredients and shout "HOW DO I MAKE A SANDWICH OUT OF YOU?!?!?"
3. Breathe heavily through your nose as though you were about to hit ingredients
4. Give up and make the sandwich yourself, and eat it bitterly

Kate
1. Make separate sandwiches, one with peanut butter and one with jelly
2. Take a bite of the peanut butter sandwich, declaring it the best
3. Take a bite of the jelly sandwich, declaring it the best
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 ad infinitum
5. Follow peanut butter or jelly sandwich into grave danger

Sawyer
1. Throw the jar of jelly at wall, sneering "I don't need no sandwich"
2. Call the mascot on the jar of peanut butter lots of clever nicknames
3. Huff and puff and stomp around and grumble a lot
4. When no one's looking, make perfect, even, symmetrical peanut butter and jelly sandwich and sit in a corner, enjoying every bite

Locke
1. Sit idly by, believing that the ingredients will find a way to make a sandwich out of themselves
2. Lose faith and make the sandwich anyway
3. Realize that you were the instrument by which the ingredients chose to make a sandwich after all
4. Run around the room and grab everyone's knives, insisting that their sandwiches will do the same in time

;D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

HEY! stop dissing LOST! wtf?!

those recipes were purdy funny.  

on a serious note I think that cut on jacks neck is from somebody slitting his throat during "the end".  or maybe a throat stab?

the only contradiction I saw in last nights episode was Locke told ben he could have the island all to himself after he left and then he told ben at the well he was going to destroy the island.  

mile's is running around loose, desmond is running around out there somewhere, and richard I'm betting is still alive.  hmmm.

el_chode

QuoteSpeaking of Ana Lucia, it struck me as odd that Hurley knew who she was without skipping a beat, like everything that happened on the island had all come back to him.

That was the point of the Hurley episode I think...when oyu find your constant, you "merge"
I'm surrounded by assholes

doctorinthehouse

;)

VERY good!!!

oh bananers.

Wait, it doesn't stop there, I even got some info on how the Losties make sandwiches...  ;)

Jack
1. Gather ingredients
2. Point gun at ingredients and shout "HOW DO I MAKE A SANDWICH OUT OF YOU?!?!?"
3. Breathe heavily through your nose as though you were about to hit ingredients
4. Give up and make the sandwich yourself, and eat it bitterly

Kate
1. Make separate sandwiches, one with peanut butter and one with jelly
2. Take a bite of the peanut butter sandwich, declaring it the best
3. Take a bite of the jelly sandwich, declaring it the best
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 ad infinitum
5. Follow peanut butter or jelly sandwich into grave danger

Sawyer
1. Throw the jar of jelly at wall, sneering "I don't need no sandwich"
2. Call the mascot on the jar of peanut butter lots of clever nicknames
3. Huff and puff and stomp around and grumble a lot
4. When no one's looking, make perfect, even, symmetrical peanut butter and jelly sandwich and sit in a corner, enjoying every bite

Locke
1. Sit idly by, believing that the ingredients will find a way to make a sandwich out of themselves
2. Lose faith and make the sandwich anyway
3. Realize that you were the instrument by which the ingredients chose to make a sandwich after all
4. Run around the room and grab everyone's knives, insisting that their sandwiches will do the same in time

;D
VERY good!!!
The experiment requires that you continue.