The "Anyone Else Eating?" Thread

Started by MarkW, May 16, 2007, 03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

Nice work Headdy! Those look tasty and I'm sure the fam enjoyed. If one more person posts a picture of ribs, I don't know what I'll do. Probably make some.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

TEO

First of the local corn is in. Kernels are a tad small but man is it SWEET... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

tonight I ate some delicious filet mignon with some bomb ass corn, some mother fuckin garlic bread and some crazy weird fancy potatoes.  sure it wasn't horse penis but it was damn good.  the 5th of july is turning out to be sweeter than the 4th of july.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteFirst of the local corn is in. Kernels are a tad small but man is it SWEET... :)

the corn is bomb around here.  we're no iowa but we've got some premo premo shit.  where's your corn born and bred?

TEO

QuoteFirst of the local corn is in. Kernels are a tad small but man is it SWEET... :)

the corn is bomb around here.  we're no iowa but we've got some premo premo shit.  where's your corn born and bred?

Iniana...

TEO

Just finished one of my Death Row Meals:

*sirloin steak grilled to medium rare perfection
*cottage cheese on maters
*cukes and vidalia onions with vidalia onion dressing
*bi-color sweet corn on the cob purchased 20 minutes after picking
*plump fresh blueberries mixed with blueberry yogurt
*washed down with cherry limeade

It is a good day to be a Hoosier... :)

Paulie_Walnuts

Anyone got a good recipe for Chilli Con Carne? I know it's a bog standard dish but it's one of my favourites.

I'd like to make the mother of them all!
Paulie W

Ruckus

Roast Duck for breakfast.  The apartment smells great!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

iLikeBeer

Our sweet corn here in Ohio is pretty damn good right now as well!

Also, we are finally getting homegrown tomatoes from our garden and they are off the hook!  8-)

Firing up some filets on the Weber tonight that I'm going to finish off with some fresh pesto made by my neighbor.  Accompanying our steaks will be some of that awesome Ohio sweet corn (also grilled).  And lastly, some summer salad made with lettuce, tomatoes and green onions all from our very own garden!   8-)

And all washed down with some Fat Tire!

mjkoehler

Dulce da leche Rice Pudding- jackpot

8 cups milk
1 can dulce
2 cinnamon sticks
1 cup rice (actually the starchy cheap stuff works best)

bowl milk with cinamon sticks. When it boils take out sticks and stir in rice. Cook for 20 minutes stirring frequently. Add can of dulce and stir. you can add ground cinnamon if you like. Not a lot. Cook another 20 minutes stiring a lot. Rice should be tender and it will be tick but still slightyl liquidy. Take off hid, lid, and let sit at least 10 minutes before diving in. WIll thicken more as it cools. So Fucking Good!

Jaimoe

I'm cooking up some butter-chicken burgers tonight with a side of red-leaf lettuce salad (with homegrown tomatoes and zucchini).

Crispy

I'm unfamiliar with the "butter-chicken". Is that a fancy Canadian breed?

I'm cooking carnitas in the slow cooker (a pork roast with several garlic cloves jammed into it), to be accompanied by guacamole (avocados, salsa verde, and lime juice -- that's ALL, says my west coast friend), and some fresh spinach wilted for two seconds with a touch of bacon grease and garlic.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Jaimoe

QuoteI'm unfamiliar with the "butter-chicken". Is that a fancy Canadian breed?

Well, butter-chicken is a delicious Indian (India) dish made from pieces of white boneless/skinless chicken breast marinated with curry and other tasty ingredients; the burgers are made of ground butter-chicken. I've never had them before, but my local butcher likes to mix things up given Little India isn't too far from my hood.

lucylew

Wild duck with lentils and bacon/date puree, enjoyed with a mighty fine zinfandel.  OMG.  Lamb is no longer my favorite red meat.

ALady

Oh yummm.  Duck cooked perfectly is one of the most delicious things on this earth.

I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow but at some point I'm going to honey-roast some figs with pistachios and chevre.  
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

MarkW

Selection of tapas last night in Sevilla:

Pulpo a la gallega - tasty octopus with paprika and potato
Jamon iberico - delicious ham
Tortillitas de camarones - tiny shrimp pancakes fried
Solomillo al whisky - meat in whisky sauce

Some super-cold beers and the odd glass of rioja to wash it down.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

mjkoehler

QuoteOh yummm.  Duck cooked perfectly is one of the most delicious things on this earth.

I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow but at some point I'm going to honey-roast some figs with pistachios and chevre.  
Yes, when properly prepaired, duck is magical. And duck fat is elixer of the gods. Especially for potatoes. And if you're make all that, when can I come over.

TheBigChicken

baked oatmeal....cheap,tasty,and filling ;) cholesterol buster
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

mjkoehler

Quotebaked oatmeal....cheap,tasty,and filling ;) cholesterol buster
Yep. We make our Irish/Pinhead/Steel Cut oats in the crockpot overnight. Cheap, tasty, and oh so good.

woodnymph

Oy I'm just overwhelmed with yumness and have to share

Organic mushrooms, onion, broccoli, red peppers, spinach, corn, and zucchini (from CSA boxes that people never picked up at my job = free!), paired with Near East rice & lentil pilaf makes meals for daaaaayssss... add cheddar cheese & avocado slivers and you're sittin on toppa the world...... 8-)

Edit::  Serve with nacho chips, on taco shells, as a wrap, add meat, do whatcha wanna, it's just a nice kinda base to build upon :P
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time