The "Anyone Else Eating?" Thread

Started by MarkW, May 16, 2007, 03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

QuoteI want a fatty as hell plate of Beef Wellington to nosh on right now.

Beef Wellington?  My wife does a killer version - as does my MiL.  But fatty?  Shurely shome mishtake?  Beef fillet in pastry doesn't get any better...

Now Beef Oxford can do with some fat, but that's another story.  :)
Fatty as it's gonna make my ass fatter.  ;D Wellington is my all time favorite meat dish. I think I need to crash your house. My wife finds the dish repulsive, her lose.

Beef Oxford? What is this? I'm not familiar with this one unless it's goes by something else.

Right now, we are enjoying a few cheese boards, crackers, and fresh bing cherries. Man I love cheese.

mjkoehler

Bump

Marinated grilled steak
Homemade polenta- outdid myself
2 Carrot, Broccoli, cauliflower mix

now washing it all down with Guinness

xmascriminal

MarkW

Last night was venison steak with kale and mashed swede.  Unfortunately, it came with a side of three bottles of wine between me and the missus.

We didn't wake up early this morning...  :-? :-/

After about ten gallons of tea this afternoon, we've just choked down roast chicken, roast potatoes, roast parsnips and steamed leeks and peas.

Erm, and some more wine.

On series three of the West Wing, and not looking forward to work tomorrow morning!
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

dragonboy

Crab sticks & dill pickles...maybe I'm pregnant?  :-/
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Hawkeye

Apple Toaster Strudels, Raisinettes, and coffee, breakfast of champs!
We could.

dragonboy

So MJ, tell me all about hamburgers!  ;)

You don't like The Whopper?!! I know you're not a vegaterian...is there another hamburger chain that you prefer? Somewhere local? Or do you cook up your own bad-boys?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

For DB. When you are in the States next year and if there is one wehre you are at, go to Steak N Shake. http://www.steakandshake.com/default-home.asp

It's a sort of national chain, but damn are they good. I haven't found a great local place here in St Louis other then the famous Blueberry Hill. They're decent. In Omaha, there was this place called King Kong that was really good. Fat, juicy heart attack on a bun kind of burgers. I think it's still there. Last time I was home, I didn't go in that area.

dragonboy

To write something silly like 'now I'm really hungry' would just be stating the obvious, wouldn't it?  ;)

I had the most amazing prime-burger/steak/something-or-other on  cibatta bread @ Carl Jnr's when I was in SF, that was pretty special!

mjkoehler

Yep Carl's and Hardees are pretty close, in fact I think they are all the same company now. Thickburgers are are pretty damn good.

dragonboy

Have you seen this website? They have some pretty great burgers: http://aht.seriouseats.com/

xmascriminal

Anybody else agree that pizza's better cold?

vespachick

QuoteAnybody else agree that pizza's better cold?

Most def when it's crappy pizza.  BUT, when it's good pizza, gotta bust out the pizza stone and turn that Oven up to 400 for a good 10 mins. Mmmmmmm, I Love Pizza.... :o
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

mjkoehler

QuoteHave you seen this website? They have some pretty great burgers: http://aht.seriouseats.com/
Not something to read at 4:30 AM when you are trying to eat "healthy" for breakfast. Me wants one NOW! They a couple St Louis area locations but in 12 years, I've never been to them. Glad they hit on old Steak N Shake.

TEO

Home made chicken and dumplings pretty much here and there all weekend. They just kept on getting better and better...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

mjkoehler

QuoteHome made chicken and dumplings pretty much here and there all weekend. They just kept on getting better and better...
Yep. mmmmmm chicken 'n dumplings.

Jon T.

Picked up some grouper and some conch from the seafood market.  We're going to make some conch fritters during the SEC championship.  For dinner, blackened grouper covered with Boursin cheese and fresh jalapeno slices, ala Ramsi's Cafe.  Gonna be a good day!

aMillionDreams

QuotePicked up some grouper and some conch from the seafood market.  We're going to make some conch fritters during the SEC championship.  For dinner, blackened grouper covered with Boursin cheese and fresh jalapeno slices, ala Ramsi's Cafe.  Gonna be a good day!

Nice!  I wish I lived closer to the ocean.  I love seafood but can't get it fresh.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

ycartrob