The "Anyone Else Eating?" Thread

Started by MarkW, May 16, 2007, 03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

Simple words cannot express how fucking orgasmic this chocolate is. Dark chocolate, dark chocolate mousse, and ribbon of Sour Cherry/Chili gel. I damn near soiled myself.

megalicious

QuoteYeah I think it was fried shrimp & sausage in pastry! [/q]

you know, these pizzas may seem strange, but i bet that if one had, say... the munchies... one might think this egg/mayo/bacon/shrimp pizza would be god's gift to mankind.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

easy jim

I got some fat tips today so I'm having a pre-exam cram meal from Calypso Cafe with a side of Newcastle.

Jamaican curried chicken with black beans and sweet patatas.

so good.
So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame!

tomEisenbraun

QuoteI got some fat tips today so I'm having a pre-exam cram meal from Calypso Cafe with a side of Newcastle.

so good.

Duuuuuude. Calypso. Damnnnnn that makes me miss Nashvegas. Please tell me you're down with the fruit tea. You hittin' the one over near the Exit/In, or the one over by 100 Oaks?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

easy jim

QuoteI got some fat tips today so I'm having a pre-exam cram meal from Calypso Cafe with a side of Newcastle.

so good.

Duuuuuude. Calypso. Damnnnnn that makes me miss Nashvegas. Please tell me you're down with the fruit tea. You hittin' the one over near the Exit/In, or the one over by 100 Oaks?

MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmMMMMMMMmMMm mMMMMMMMMMMM.  MMMm.

Sorry, I know better than to talk with my mouth full.  Elliston Place calypso, dude it's just sooooo scrumptious.  I'll stop torturing you now.  ;D

tomEisenbraun

I've gotta say, I always dug the 100 Oaks one more for some reason...

But they're really all perfect!

sweatboard

Grilling some steak.  We're going to cut it up top it with blue cheese crumbles and wrap it up in some pita bread.  :)
There's Still Time.........

ycartrob

LA looked in the fridge, then I looked in the fridge, then she looked at me, then I loooked at her, then we hopped in the car for some:

sweatboard

Nice, there is a sushi place here in Knoxville that I really want to take you guys.
There's Still Time.........

mjkoehler

mmmm Shiro maguro and Maguro sound good right about now. [size=8]They are about the only ones that are safe for me to eat and that I have been willing to try. [/size]

easy jim

QuoteLA looked in the fridge, then I looked in the fridge, then she looked at me, then I loooked at her, then we hopped in the car for some:

what did you hit up tracy?  Taste of Tokyo?  I need god advice on where to go for good sushi around here.

*good*

ycartrob

what did you hit up tracy?  Taste of Tokyo?  I need god advice on where to go for good sushi around here.

we went to some other place tonight that is closer to our house and it was OK (did not catch the name, my wife was in charge).

our favorite is Samurai, which is right across the street from Exit/In and we always eat there before a show. Choo is in charge and he makes an unreal ChooChoo roll that is topped with strawberry. Every so often when we are at the bar he will just put things on your plate to try. The place is tee-niney small.

in fact, I challenge anyway to go out and have some really great sushi, then come home and put on Outkast Speakerboxx and then tell me life sux. Impossible.

tomEisenbraun

Chet--

You gotta hit up Rusan's down by City Hall, too.

The Curb Café sushi just not doin' it for ya?  ;)

easy jim

QuoteChet--

You gotta hit up Rusan's down by City Hall, too.

The Curb Café sushi just not doin' it for ya?  ;)

There's actually some in the fridge right now just waiting to be thrown in the can.

tomEisenbraun

hahaha, that stuff was great for like the first week they brought it in last year. Then it just went further and further downhill.

P.S. How bout them CMT awards?  ;)

(I can't even imagine the hell that Miley Cyrus wreaked on that campus. It was bad enough with just Keith Urban being there... did you guys have to deal with the Indian toe-path alongside the drive next to artist's make-up trailers?)

easy jim

Quotehahaha, that stuff was great for like the first week they brought it in last year. Then it just went further and further downhill.

P.S. How bout them CMT awards?  ;)

(I can't even imagine the hell that Miley Cyrus wreaked on that campus. It was bad enough with just Keith Urban being there... did you guys have to deal with the Indian toe-path alongside the drive next to artist's make-up trailers?)

You know it!  They only disrupted normal campus activities like parking and walking and breathing for two and a half weeks.  I didn't even watch it but I heard something about Snoop gracing the campus.  Rumor or not, I don't know?

tomEisenbraun

TWO AND A HALF WEEKS??!!!

What in the hell?

Did you boycott class because of it? The parking garage was the worst--I was so glad I lived on campus until they made us walk this trail of tears to class beside the trailers. They wound up sacrificing the (already crappy) soccer field to foot traffic when migrating from Wright/Maddox to, oh, the rest of campus became entirely impossible for the amount of people going in between.

Sweet Jesus. Did you have random assholes sitting around waiting for someone famous to come out of a trailer? Were you swamped with preteens skipping school?

easy jim

I refuse to use the parking garage...I know it's toxic in there.  The soot just stains everything and I don't think that I want to breathe that shit in.  They've been doing construction on a new dorm right beside the soccer field all semester so I've never known anything other than a torn campus.

It's a fifteen minute walk from my house so I walk it sometimes.  The first time I walked, I was eight minutes from my house and seven from school when the sky opened up.  I dipped into this gutted out church off Caldwell and got some strange stares from the carpenters.

Word was a few students infiltrated the red carpet and met a drunk Paula Abdul inside.  Apparently a tux is good enough as a ticket in this town.

mjkoehler

I want my favorite dish ever and I would like it now. *pouts*

I want a fatty as hell plate of Beef Wellington to nosh on right now.

oh and pretzels are a piss poor substitute when you're jonesing for something THAT good.

MarkW

QuoteI want a fatty as hell plate of Beef Wellington to nosh on right now.

Beef Wellington?  My wife does a killer version - as does my MiL.  But fatty?  Shurely shome mishtake?  Beef fillet in pastry doesn't get any better...

Now Beef Oxford can do with some fat, but that's another story.  :)
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side