The "Anyone Else Eating?" Thread

Started by MarkW, May 16, 2007, 03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaimoe

I'm eating a Montreal smoked meat sandwich with a side of Miss Vickie's Sweet Chili & Sour Cream potato chips.

megisnotreal

i am eating a double cheeseburger and it is nasty. i mean, things this bad for you should not taste sooo good...

dragonboy

Way to make me very jealous aMD! Ben & Jerry's went bankrupt in Japan.
Seriously, half the fun of going to Hawaii every year for me is looking forward to having some Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream  ::)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

aMD

Yeah, I had a feeling you might get a kick outta that one.  ;)

sorry, but half baked is the best: fudge brownie / cookie dough swirl. that shit ain't right!

dragonboy

Half baked is one of my favs. That & anything with peanut butter in it.
I tried a low (lower?) fat half baked a year or 2 ago. Still tasted pretty good.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

aMD

they make a low fat cherry garcia that's actually not all that bad for you, but what fun is that?  plus I hate cherries.  The stephen colbert "americone dream" is pretty good, it has caramel and chunks of ice cream cone.

megisnotreal

i am eating some pretty hard core painkillers the doctor gave me.

TEO

"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

TEO

Quotei am eating a double cheeseburger and it is nasty. i mean, things this bad for you should not taste sooo good...

Why are we so hooked on grease?
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

.Walt

if you didn't check the "anyone drinking" thread, you would've missed out on the banana bread discussion. anyways, i did make a loaf last night and its good. i'm not ready to say it's better than moms, but i'm willing to say its better than grandmas.  
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

mjkoehler

Quoteif you didn't check the "anyone drinking" thread, you would've missed out on the banana bread discussion. anyways, i did make a loaf last night and its good. i'm not ready to say it's better than moms, but i'm willing to say its better than grandmas.  
Damn, did you have to bring this back up? I'm gonna have to beg my wife to make a loaf or 2. I cannot resist the urge to consume mass qtys of banana bread. :-[

Hawkeye

Heck yes I am eating!!  The company is catering in lunch yesterday, today, and tomorrow!  today is turkey and dressing, mashed potatoes, geen beans with some type of sliced nuts in them, dinner roll, and cake, I still have 3/4 of a plate of food and am completely stuffed.  Now if they would only give us decent bonuses of actual money.  It's like they're trying to pay us with food all the time, and then laugh at us while we sit on our asses, gradually growing so out of shape and lazy that we have no other choice than to stay with this job.   It's nice that they cater in quite a bit and all, but all it does is make me fat.  I'd rather have the money.  God I'm a downer today
We could.

mjkoehler

Ahhhh tis was a good day. Made a New Orleans/Southern variation of Bangers and Mash for dinner. Made some tasty mashed Sweet Potatoes and fresh Andouille sausage.

ManNamedTruth

Homemade RASPBERRY banana nut bread :exclamation
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

MarkW

QuoteAhhhh tis was a good day. Made a New Orleans/Southern variation of Bangers and Mash for dinner. Made some tasty mashed Sweet Potatoes and fresh Andouille sausage.

Is that the same as the French Andouillette sausage?  I can manage most things, but those take some eating.  Last had one at a French motorway services (I'm nothing if not persistent and/or stupid - you'd think once was enough).  :-/

The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

mjkoehler

QuoteAhhhh tis was a good day. Made a New Orleans/Southern variation of Bangers and Mash for dinner. Made some tasty mashed Sweet Potatoes and fresh Andouille sausage.

Is that the same as the French Andouillette sausage?  I can manage most things, but those take some eating.  Last had one at a French motorway services (I'm nothing if not persistent and/or stupid - you'd think once was enough).  :-/

Thankfully no! According to the fine folks at wikipedia:
Traditional andouillette is made from the colon and the stomach of pig. In modern times, contents vary and normally contain intestines of pig, cow and/or calf. It is not to be confused with andouille sausage, which is much spicier, but more mild in animal-derived smells. French andouillette, on the other hand, is an acquired taste and can be an interesting challenge even for adventurous eaters who don't object to the taste or aroma of feces.

You are a brave man Mark. I think I just threw up a little in mouth mouth reading that.

bowl of soup

Traditional andouillette is made from the colon and the stomach of pig. In modern times, contents vary and normally contain intestines of pig, cow and/or calf. It is not to be confused with andouille sausage, which is much spicier, but more mild in animal-derived smells. French andouillette, on the other hand, is an acquired taste and can be an interesting challenge even for adventurous eaters who don't object to the taste or aroma of feces.

You are a brave man Mark. I think I just threw up a little in mouth mouth reading that.

"...eaters who don't object to the taste or aroma of feces."  Wow, I wanna hang out with those people.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

EC

mmm just ate the joti brand mustard greens and spinach.  mmmmm.

LEATHER KID

Who in the hell would object to the aroma and or taste of feces?  I'm gettin' hungry
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!