The "Anyone Else Eating?" Thread

Started by MarkW, May 16, 2007, 03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkW

QuoteCoffee, toast and Guinness Marmite.

Mmmmmm, I love marmite.

What the hell is marmite? I never heard of it. Does it taste like Guiness?

Hmmm.  How to describe Marmite?  Wiki page here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite

It's a savoury spread made from yeast extract.  The Guinness one is a special edition, made from Guinness yeast.  It doesn't really taste any different to the normal one, which looks like this:

It's a love it or hate it foodstuff.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

mjkoehler

Hmmm.  How to describe Marmite?  Wiki page here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite

It's a savoury spread made from yeast extract.  The Guinness one is a special edition, made from Guinness yeast.  It doesn't really taste any different to the normal one, which looks like this:

It's a love it or hate it foodstuff.

Kind of like Vegamite.

[size=20]3-WAY!!![/size]

Not to out do you but [size=20]5 WAY!![/size]

.Walt

has anyone else noticed that the cooks in here (me and true maybe) haven't written anything. maybe its because we have to cook all day and all night for people like you.  i don't know about true, but when i'm at home i hate to cook. mac and cheese, maybe add hot dogs or tuna if i really wanna get fancy.

has anyone seen the movie "waiting"? the best part is when they all are watching the clock, so they can leave. then that asshole at the last minute walks in. that is so true, that happens all the time.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

has anyone tried jims sandwich from that recipe book? i made it that the other day. tasty very tasty.  :)

Ghosts_on_TV

Quotehas anyone tried jims sandwich from that recipe book? i made it that the other day. tasty very tasty.  :)

I haven't but I make veggie chicken sandwiches all the time.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ManNamedTruth

Quotehas anyone else noticed that the cooks in here (me and true maybe) haven't written anything. maybe its because we have to cook all day and all night for people like you.  i don't know about true, but when i'm at home i hate to cook. mac and cheese, maybe add hot dogs or tuna if i really wanna get fancy.

has anyone seen the movie "waiting"? the best part is when they all are watching the clock, so they can leave. then that asshole at the last minute walks in. that is so true, that happens all the time.

I can't really cook that well at home without the stuff I get to use at work. The place I work at, its like a few steps up from fast food. Anyone can cook the shit we make, you just have to do it fast.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

dragonboy

Marmite on toast (something to soak up the alcohol & then I'm off to bed...for realz!)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

red

Goodnight sweet prince!  

/Big Lebowski'd

;D

Ghosts_on_TV

I just had a mixed berry soy milk smoothie. It was delish!

.Walt

i'm at my parents home, grilling some ribs and fried potoatoes.  :)

whothrewthecake

today i had two bowls of frosted mini wheats BITE SIZE
RAISE UP  :o :o :o :o :o :o

dragonboy

HAMBURGER HELPER!!! Man, I'd live on that good stuff if it wasn't so bad for me  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

red

A Kit Kat and orange juice.   8-)

.Walt

MarkW

Fishfinger sandwiches with tomato ketchup, in white bread.

0% vitamin or vegetable
100% enjoyment
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Hawkeye

A Coke, pretzels, and a ham and cheese sandwich from a vending machine...at 9:30 in the morning.  MMMM
We could.

Ghosts_on_TV

I'm about to go to my favorite lil' pub for a chicken parm sandwich and some seafood chowder...and a few pints. 8-)

megisnotreal

QuoteI'm about to go to my favorite lil' pub for a chicken parm sandwich and some seafood chowder...and a few pints. 8-)

yum. this makes me jealous. i am really hungry right now. i wish i had some crunchy shrimp rolls.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteI'm about to go to my favorite lil' pub for a chicken parm sandwich and some seafood chowder...and a few pints. 8-)

yum. this makes me jealous. i am really hungry right now. i wish i had some crunchy shrimp rolls.

I'll eat it and think of you, Meg.  :D

megisnotreal

nice.

i am sitting here at my desk, desperately thinking of some place around here that i could go to get a chick parm sammy. i want one now.

come on, lunch break...