Best UK TV Comedy of all time?

Started by dragonboy, Jan 16, 2009, 07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

Has anyone seen 2 Pints of Lager and A Pack of Crisps? I watched the first episode and thought it was funny, juveline yes, but funny. Unfortunatly, I have to get it through bit torrent since it's only on region 2 DVD and I do not have a region free player. Features Rudi (Smithy's sister) from Gavin & Stacey.

Paulie_Walnuts

Someone was just talking about The League Of Gentlemen in my department. Still one of the best openings to any black comedy ever:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOGAAlHzF4o[/media]
Paulie W

MarkW

QuoteSomeone was just talking about The League Of Gentlemen in my department. Still one of the best openings to any black comedy ever:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOGAAlHzF4o[/media]

This is a local shop, for local people...
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

.Walt

I've been watching clips of Room 101. That show is pretty funny, and tackles tough issues!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

ynwa

QuoteHey DB, Gavin and Stacey is finally coming to the US on DVD so I can watch it properly instead off a website. Makes me think of one of my other favs, Coupling. Did you ever watch it? Thoughts?
Haven't seen Coupling but I really love Gavin & Stacy! Everyone should watch it when it comes to US TV.

Will check out Coupling now...
[highlight]Jeff is one of the funniest damn characters ever[/highlight]. Seasons 1-3 are fantastic. 4 slips but is still funny

... About pissed myself when Bryn started singing James Blunt

YES!  absolutely hilarious!!

i haven't really followed many brit. comedy series, but i've seen a few episodes of the following which i found to be pretty funny:

fawlty towers
father ted
shameless
inbetweeners
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

mjkoehler

QuoteHey DB, Gavin and Stacey is finally coming to the US on DVD so I can watch it properly instead off a website. Makes me think of one of my other favs, Coupling. Did you ever watch it? Thoughts?
Haven't seen Coupling but I really love Gavin & Stacy! Everyone should watch it when it comes to US TV.

[highlight]Jeff is one of the funniest damn characters ever[/highlight]. Seasons 1-3 are fantastic. 4 slips but is still funny

i haven't really followed many brit. comedy series, but i've seen a few episodes of the following which i found to be pretty funny:

fawlty towers
father ted
shameless
inbetweeners
The episode where Jeff has the hots for the women on the train and the whole leg "issue" is one of the funniest episodes of any tv show ever. Nudity buffer, sock gap, giggle loop. Jeff is my idol.

ynwa

fawlty towers
father ted
shameless
inbetweeners
The episode where Jeff has the hots for the women on the train and the whole leg "issue" is one of the funniest episodes of any tv show ever. Nudity buffer, sock gap, giggle loop. Jeff is my idol.

i saw them a while ago & was probably slightly intoxicated, so my memory's a bit fuzzy.  but i know i saw that episode.  i have to add this to my netflix.

jeff reminds me of charlie brown.  shit just doesn't work out for him, and it's funny but i always feel bad for him  ;D

a few months before i was moving, the landlord changed to FiOs.  wasn't worth it to get my place wired so all i had was network tv.  so i found justin.tv & watched stuff there.  watched a lot of a british comedy channel.  some good stuff there.  but a lot of red dwarf which i don't really care for  :-X

mjkoehler

fawlty towers
father ted
shameless
inbetweeners

i saw them a while ago & was probably slightly intoxicated, so my memory's a bit fuzzy.  but i know i saw that episode.  i have to add this to my netflix.

jeff reminds me of charlie brown.  shit just doesn't work out for him, and it's funny but i always feel bad for him  ;D

a few months before i was moving, the landlord changed to FiOs.  wasn't worth it to get my place wired so all i had was network tv.  so i found justin.tv & watched stuff there.  watched a lot of a british comedy channel.  some good stuff there.  but a lot of red dwarf which i don't really care for  :-X
Another great scene.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0dV0_qOliQ[/media]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0dV0_qOliQ

ynwa

fawlty towers
father ted
shameless
inbetweeners

Another great scene.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0dV0_qOliQ[/media]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0dV0_qOliQ

;D ;D i remember this - yes!  so funny!