The Fitness Thread

Started by dragonboy, Jan 08, 2010, 06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALady

QuoteI'm assuming we're talking sweet tea here.

Oh man when I go to Bonnaroo I basically just survive on sweet tea and clif bars

Agreed.  I don't often drink it otherwise, but it's my festie beverage of choice.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Jaimoe

Oh man when I go to Bonnaroo I basically just survive on sweet tea and clif bars

Agreed.  I don't often drink it otherwise, but it's my festie beverage of choice.

Anywhere in the US call sweet or cold tea, "iced-tea"?The latter is what I and my fellow Canadians call the drink, whether sugar iced-tea or the diet kind.

el_chode

Anywhere in the US call sweet or cold tea, "iced-tea"?The latter is what I and my fellow Canadians call the drink, whether sugar iced-tea or the diet kind.

To me, sweet tea and iced tea are two entirely different thing. I think the difference is that true southern style sweet tea is a mix of normal tea, black tea, and cane sugar, where as iced tea is just plain ol tea'n'suga
I'm surrounded by assholes

Sassbox

I'm from the South and we just refer to it as tea (hot) or iced tea (cold). Then we specify whether we want it sweetened or unsweetened.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

vespachick

Iced tea should just be black tea and cubes the way god intended. :P  

Sweet tea makes my teeth fall out just thinking about it!!!!
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Soulshine

QuoteIced tea should just be black tea and cubes the way god intended. :P  

I agree.
Because we're all in this together...

mjkoehler

I agree.
I agree to the agree. sweet tea is blech to me.

ALady

That's what makes it such a good festie drink, though...when it's too hot to eat, you can get all your calories through a straw   ;D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

el_chode

QuoteThat's what makes it such a good festie drink, though...when it's too hot to eat, you can get all your calories through a straw   ;D

Also, its potent enough to add a healthy amount of liquor to further dehydrate you
I'm surrounded by assholes

Jaimoe

To me, sweet tea and iced tea are two entirely different thing. I think the difference is that true southern style sweet tea is a mix of normal tea, black tea, and cane sugar, where as iced tea is just plain ol tea'n'suga

The latter isn't necessarily true. Iced-tea is often sweetened with lemon or other fruits and sugar, same with the diet versions.

capt. scotty

I agree.
I agree to the agree. sweet tea is blech to me.

samesies
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Quotei've lost 10 pounds since november.
:)

i try not to eat junk anymore. instead of dieting, i wanted to change my whole lifestyle. i limit my calorie intake and have eliminated sugary drinks from my life. thank god they make milo's sweet tea with splenda!

i also joined a gym and try to hit the elliptical at least 4x a week. my ass is looking fine, btw.
;D

Pics?  ;D  ;)

sorry, it was just too good of an opportunity, and no one bit on it before I... I'm ashamed of myself

we need a smiley like the "lol" and "thanks" smiley, except it says "this is useless without pics"

CC - make it happen!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

dragonboy

Thanks to this thread I weighed in @ my thinnest in years today. Still feels good running everyday, although I can't seem to break that same distance barrier. Got hit by a blizzard this morning & came home like a snowman!

I don't know many (any?) people here who appreciate electronic/dance/progressive-house music but this is one of my current jogging favs:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDn2awoX8MU
[/media]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDn2awoX8MU

I love the build up to 4.40 & the 1min break that follows...on a good day, when the track hits 5.40 I hit a sprint like Forest  ;)  

There aren't too many things beat that rush...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Soulshine

QuoteThanks to this thread I weighed in @ my thinnest in years today. Still feels good running everyday, although I can't seem to break that same distance barrier. Got hit by a blizzard this morning & came home like a snowman!

I don't know many (any?) people here who appreciate electronic/dance/progressive-house music but this is one of my current jogging favs:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDn2awoX8MU
[/media]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDn2awoX8MU

I love the the build up to 4.40 & the 1min break that follows...on a good day, when the track hits 5.40 I hit a sprint like Forest  ;)  

There aren't too many things beat that rush...

GREAT job Dboy! I started walking every day upon my arrival in Boulder. Once I got used to the elevation I started running  every day. It feels so good! I think I've lost about 5lbs so far. Keep up the good work!
Your Friend, Jen-NAY  :)

mjkoehler

Good job my brother. Yes, electronic/dance/progressive-house is great to run too. Once in a while I through some of what I have in. Most of the time, when I need the Forestesque rush, angry as fuck metal is played. Or Dondonte. "...You Had me worried" puts my ass in turbocharge for a few miles. I like running to Kasabian. Nice mix of "dance" with guitar. Check out God Lives Underwater. Good stuff to work out too.

You still hitting the 5 mileish barrier? Map out a 6 mile course and push it. Map out a 7 and push it. It's the only way I broke through a long time ago. Just keep building and building. Now we needs to talk about you doing that marathon with me  ;) Fall in St Louis is great for it. mi casa su case, plus BH can hand us drinks on the route as it's in his hood.

dragonboy

Thanks Jenny. Congrats on your weightloss! What's the scenery like where you are in Boulder? Good places to run? I imagine it's beautiful...

Like you Mike, I usually listen to dance or metal when I'm running. Isis' So We Did is a favourite, Mono's Kidnappers Bell & Error #9 too. This one by Agalloch is great:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuPz7cMD3qs[/media]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuPz7cMD3qs

I live in a small village right now & run from one end to the other but there's nowhere else to go (the pavement ends & the speed limit changes on the road so it's too dangerous)

Shouldn't make excuses though  ;)  I'll just have to go up one or two of the side-streets along the way...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

MarkW

QuoteI live in a small village right now & run from one end to the other but there's nowhere else to go (the pavement ends & the speed limit changes on the road so it's too dangerous)

Shouldn't make excuses though  ;)  I'll just have to go up one or two of the side-streets along the way...

Deebs, you live in Norfolk; it's so f*cking flat you can see a car coming from about five miles away!  ;)

I could really do with starting some excercise.  Assuming that 750 miles a week in the car doesn't count, my only other outdoor activity is a round of golf on Saturday morning.  No wonder I'm such a middle-aged fat bastard.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

mjkoehler

I live in a small village right now & run from one end to the other but there's nowhere else to go (the pavement ends & the speed limit changes on the road so it's too dangerous)

That is all part of the adventure! I live in a town of around 8,000 so yeah you blink you could miss it. I run end to end and back and back again. Running on the highway is fun!

dragonboy

QuoteDeebs, you live in Norfolk; it's so f*cking flat you can see a car coming from about five miles away!  ;)

I could really do with starting some excercise.  Assuming that 750 miles a week in the car doesn't count, my only other outdoor activity is a round of golf on Saturday morning.  No wonder I'm such a middle-aged fat bastard.
;D ;D ;D

Soulshine

QuoteThanks Jenny. Congrats on your weightloss! What's the scenery like where you are in Boulder? Good places to run? I imagine it's beautiful...

Like you Mike, I usually listen to dance or metal when I'm running. Isis' So We Did is a favourite, Mono's Kidnappers Bell & Error #9 too. This one by Agalloch is great:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuPz7cMD3qs[/media]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuPz7cMD3qs

I will post some pics of the trails I run along some time. Great paths everywhere and nothing flat which is great. It is beautiful. I am very fortunate to have such backdrops.