What's the symbolism and significance of the Bear?

Started by Loonyj, Dec 28, 2008, 03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: DejaView2011 on May 14, 2011, 05:28 PM
Quote from: DaFunkyPrecedent on May 13, 2011, 01:23 PM
Jim James is gay? cool.

Oh. My God. Lets not go anywhere near there ever again.  ;D But truthfully, I'm starting to plan for the gathering in VA. They wrote " if u host it they will come" so I'm gonna do it. If Louisville I'm going to try and meet as many of y'all as possible so we can start sowing the seeds for our party. But if there's a Llama, everyone has to hug it and take pic with it. We could make it Victorian like on Okonokos. This is really turning out to be the best summer of my LIFE!

FYI : It's an alpaca, not a llama. THESE KINDS OF THINGS ARE IMPORTANT! Alpacas come in all shapes and sizes and personalities.

I think I saw this guy at a Phish show

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

DejaView2011

Alpaca? Cool! Ya learn something new everyday if you're not lucky.
Why does my mind blow to bits everytime they play that song?

SaraBananaBear

Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

youreveningcoat

Anyone up for an Alpaca thread? :P

I'd like it since I own 2 ;)
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

DejaView2011

Quote from: youreveningcoat on May 16, 2011, 12:54 AM

You have 2? Really? Are they friendly? Do they spit??

BigHerm

youreveningcoat

Quote from: DejaView2011 on May 16, 2011, 06:16 AM
Quote from: youreveningcoat on May 16, 2011, 12:54 AM

You have 2? Really? Are they friendly? Do they spit??

They are pretty friendly for alpacas, all they do is look at you unless you have food though.  And they only spit if they get pissed off :P

sweatboard

yeah, but why would an alpaca even get pissed off?  They are awesome.
There's Still Time.........

MarkW

Quote from: sweatboard on May 17, 2011, 02:51 AM

And tasty.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

youreveningcoat

;D One of them is fussy and sometimes doesn't like the food I give her?

DejaView2011

Quote from: MarkW on May 17, 2011, 11:33 AM
Quote from: sweatboard on May 17, 2011, 02:51 AM

And tasty.
[/qduote]
Hmmmm.that seems like it would be sacrelicious.

MyEveningWear

Jim James is gay? cool.

Who knows for sure about any of the band members' sexual orientation, and of course, we're all free to interpret art however bests suits us, but in any case, Jim and MMJ are definitely appreciated by a diverse and loyal audience, and I think they're completely groovy and 2011 about it.  Related link: http://www.bearotic.com/2008/05/29/the-many-faces-of-my-morning-jacket%E2%80%99s-jim-james/

DejaView2011

Quote from: MyEveningWear on Jun 04, 2011, 01:47 PM
Jim James is gay? cool.

Who knows for sure about any of the band members' sexual orientation, and of course, we're all free to interpret art however bests suits us, but in any case, Jim and MMJ are definitely appreciated by a diverse and loyal audience, and I think they're completely groovy and 2011 about it.  Related link: http://www.bearotic.com/2008/05/29/the-many-faces-of-my-morning-jacket%E2%80%99s-jim-james/
Cool little article. Thanks for the link. I knew they did actually have a following in the gay bear community, but didn't know anything was out in print. Thanks again!

MyEveningWear

Sure!  Nice, huh?  If you by chance happen to know the answer to the second comment on that page, please let me know!

DejaView2011

Quote from: MyEveningWear on Jun 12, 2011, 06:38 PM
Sure!  Nice, huh?  If you by chance happen to know the answer to the second comment on that page, please let me know!
Trust me, not a pic passes by that I don't check. But I'd say its a light dusting of furr, strawberry blonde, that glistens in the sunlight. Just like the rest of him. Perfect.

MyEveningWear

That sounds right.  It's a shame we don't have any proof though!  (We don't, do we?)

Fully

Hi all, I'm new here, but a long time MMJ fan. I've been very amused by this thread. I've just always thought the bear was a symbol of Jim. He does look like a bear to me, not neccesarily a gay bear, just a hairy, thick bear.

DejaView2011

Quote from: Fully on Jun 19, 2011, 10:33 AM
Hi all, I'm new here, but a long time MMJ fan. I've been very amused by this thread. I've just always thought the bear was a symbol of Jim. He does look like a bear to me, not neccesarily a gay bear, just a hairy, thick bear.
Yep. Glorious. Jim is THE Bear. Beautiful, powerful, and pretty cuddly looking. Lol