The NFL Thread: 2010

Started by capt._headdy, Mar 05, 2010, 07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scosby2

christina just messed up the lyrics to the national anthem...sad

Tracy 2112

Quote from: capt. scotty on Feb 06, 2011, 04:35 PM
I got a better feeling today than I did a couple days ago, but I see this game as truly a pick em..TO's or a big special teams play may be the deciding factor

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!

wow, pretty obscure, good call on Timeouts being a deciding factor      ;)
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

MMJ_fanatic

CONGRATULATIONS GREEN BAY!  I knew I picked you guys for the win for a reason!  This makes looking forward to the 2011 season so much more interesting (so long as the owners can get over their greedy selves).
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

.Walt

Great game last night! That lived up to the hype.

The commercials were okay. My favorite was the Chrysler - Imported from Detroit. That was very moving. I don't think a commercial has ever given me chills before.  8)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

darkglow

did anyone else feel like the pregame show for the superbowl was one big walking talking advertisement on overdrive? what's with all the celebs and senseless b.s. that was aired before the game?

why can't it just be some dudes (and possibly chicks) talking about the big game?

Tracy 2112

Quote from: darkglow on Feb 07, 2011, 04:11 PM
did anyone else feel like the pregame show for the superbowl was one big walking talking advertisement on overdrive? what's with all the celebs and senseless b.s. that was aired before the game?

why can't it just be some dudes (and possibly chicks) talking about the big game?

It's to the point where I turn on the game at Kickoff, turn it off during haftime and turn it off when it's over. I would have enjoyed this game a lot more without all the hype and now I am bombarded with all the silly Favre/Rogers arguments. It is possible that the NFL is in the prcoess of swallowing itself.

And the NFL is controlling the broadcasts. I would love to see the comparison between close-up shots of Matthews and Harrison. Actually, I cannot recall one close up of Harrison.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Feb 07, 2011, 04:18 PM
Quote from: darkglow on Feb 07, 2011, 04:11 PM

It's to the point where I turn on the game at Kickoff, turn it off during haftime and turn it off when it's over. I would have enjoyed this game a lot more without all the hype and now I am bombarded with all the silly Favre/Rogers arguments. It is possible that the NFL is in the prcoess of swallowing itself.

And the NFL is controlling the broadcasts. I would love to see the comparison between close-up shots of Matthews and Harrison. Actually, I cannot recall one close up of Harrison.

That's what happens when Fox does the Super Bowl. And expect these trends to continue, the ratings were record setting.
I thought until this year the half time shows were getting better with The Boss, Paul McCartney, and the Stones. I didn't bother to watch at all this year.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Taterbug

By By NFL 2011 .   Fuck'em all, Players & Owners, A bunch of whiny millionaires.

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe