Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TEO

Gaining a MUCH better appreciation of Tenn. Fire after riding around Shelbyville yesterday listening to it. It really kinda' surprised me.  
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

vespachick

Holy Crap!  I have NEVER heard Golden on the radio; station I'm streaming out of LA is playing it right now.  How great for such a beautiful day here. ;D
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

jeffro79

I started a new job yesterday(won't be full-time 'til Aug.). That means after Aug. no more family business/working with family. Those who have worked with family should understand. I also had french toast stix from Burger King for breakfast woo hoo! :)
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

red

Arrested Development marathon tonight with the girl I've been seeing for a few weeks.  I got her hooked on Saturday (watched 10 episodes), looking forward to watching my absolute favourite show with a great girl.

I also just finished a project for work that I've been working on steady for a month.

Those my friends, are my current joys.  ;D

Jenny

i really like music

and i took my friend's old clarinet out of his locker and took it home with me.
i've never played any sort of instrument like this before
and it's been a day and i'm already progressing so much.

i wish i wasn't such a nerd most the time

bethofftherecord

i'm figuring my shit out.   i am going to go out to dinner.  i am going to see Kings of Leon on Thursday.  next week will hopefully start a different job.  loving life.  loving spring.  Bring it on world!  I can't wait! :D
nothing can be changed except ourselves

aMD

i'm going to two Jacket shows this summer!!!!  They should go on break more often!

whothrewthecake

i'm so close to summer and also really close to some fun travel:

FIESTA TEXAS IN SAN ANTONIO AND TORONTO

guess which one i'm more excited about

SMc55

My boyfriend made a waterfall for my garden pond. It's beautiful  :D

TEO

Returning to an unusually warm welcome from my students after taking 4 days off. Maybe me sub-contracting the meanest sub in the building had something to do with it.  ;)

megisnotreal

i am so excited about this weekend. i get to hang out with some of my best friends, one of which i haven't seen since he graduated 2 years ago. and we are going to what promises to be a freakin awesome dance party.

bethofftherecord

I got a new, new job!  I started a landscaping job this week, but that was just weird.  Too  much hanging out and not working.  I guess I am getting old.  That job would have been perfect for me like 10 years ago!  I wish I could keep the hemp pants they gave me.  So.....

I got an offer to be the Assistant Manager at a coffee shop!  One of my life goals has always been to work at a coffee shop because I LOVE COFFEE and I think it would be a cool business to run myself someday.  It is a small business that has about 7 shops in my area.  I start on Monday!  I will be working all sorts of weird shifts, but I don't care.   I am going to be in charge, but also when I leave, I will get to leave it there.  Much better than my last 2 jobs where my work followed me home (and on vacation and everywhere)!

Yeh for new opportunities!

Yeh for Kings of Leon tonight in Milwaukee!  My luck has changed!

[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
nothing can be changed except ourselves

BH

Congrats Beth! [smiley=beer.gif]
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

EC

yay beth!

i am currently digging this arthur's green energy smoothie.  man, yum.  here's a list of ingredients for the folks who like these things:
apple juice, banana puree, passionfruit juice, prine plum puree, spirulina, soy lecithin, wheat and barley grasses, vitamin c.

i would say that i've probably drank this stuff twice a week for the past two months.  the other days, it's pomegranate juice.

i'm also enjoying the fact that it's almost the weekend because i am !#$$%^##%^#%#$%tired.

The DARK

SUMMER BREAK!!!  :D
In another time, in another place, in another face

TEO

Can count the days of school left on one hand.

red

I'm off to Regina in just a few hours to go record shopping, have a delicious supper at the wonderful Viet Thai and then am seeing Feist with the wonderful Chad Vangaalen opening.   :D

peanut butter puddin surprise

me like Feist.  me like lots.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

red

Me too!  She was so great last time I seen her, I'm really excited.  The girl I'm going with and myself are hatching a plan to abduct her, hopefully it works.

peanut butter puddin surprise

keep me posted on that one.  i'm a willing accomplice  ;)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there