Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

I just bought a new (old) car!  1981 Pontiac Acadian.  I'm taking a step back from my 1994 Suzuki Swift that I currently drive, but it's on it's last leg, and this Acadian is in pristine conidition.  I'll post a pic soon!  

The only bad part is that I just got paid an hour ago and am already broke.  :(

megisnotreal

QuoteI just bought a new (old) car!  1981 Pontiac Acadian.  I'm taking a step back from my 1994 Suzuki Swift that I currently drive, but it's on it's last leg, and this Acadian is in pristine conidition.  I'll post a pic soon!  

The only bad part is that I just got paid an hour ago and am already broke.  :(

i bet that is a sweet ride. this body shop two blocks away from where i work is selling a ford torino like the one the dude drives, but in mint condition. i really want this car. it could bring me a lot of happiness.

i am happy b/c i get to visit my sister and her six littles today! i have missed those kids a lot. then i am heading to t-town to see my fiance. this should be a good weekend.

mjkoehler

It's raining, it raining, it raining. My yard DESPERATLY needs this.

LizKing531

Quitting smoking today!!!  (also posted in the current complaints thread - can't decide)

I quit back in March & stayed smoke free for 4 months - then ran into a bunch o' illness (in medical terminology) & picked it up again (with the help of the free carton's of American Spirits at the Forecastle Fest - how can I pass up a free carton of American Spirits?

Smoked on my break this morning & just decided - fuck it! I quit!

Goin cold turkey -  with the help of some cough drops (thanks aMD) & some flavored toothpicks (thanks to my gf)

maybe a quitting smoking thread?

mjkoehler

First day of school!! The boy starts 3rd grade so I'm glad to get his little back to class. My baby girl starts her first day of Kindergarten.....I'm happy as she's so excited (she was up before freaking 6 AM today), but I'm also sad because it means she's growing up and isn't going to remain my baby girl forever:'(

BH

Hang in there LizKing!  If I can do it, so can you.  I loved my camel lights with a passion, but I am so glad it's over.  Absolutely no craving anymore.  In fact, I smoke about one cig a month now and all it does is remind me how glad I am that I don't smoke (tobacco) anymore.

Mike, my oldest girl started kindergarten last week too and I just can't believe it.  She's still my baby.  I was worried she wouldn't like it, but she's doing real good.  Better than me!   :'( I'm so proud of her!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjkoehler

Yeah, I shed a tear or 2 this morning. I did when the boy started Kindergarten as well. He's old enough now that we just kick him out the car and yell TUCK AND ROLL SON TUCK AND ROLL!!!!

BH

QuoteYeah, I shed a tear or 2 this morning. I did when the boy started Kindergarten as well. He's old enough now that we just kick him out the car and yell TUCK AND ROLL SON TUCK AND ROLL!!!!

;D
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

.Walt

QuoteQuitting smoking today!!!  (also posted in the current complaints thread - can't decide)

I quit back in March & stayed smoke free for 4 months - then ran into a bunch o' illness (in medical terminology) & picked it up again (with the help of the free carton's of American Spirits at the Forecastle Fest - how can I pass up a free carton of American Spirits?

Smoked on my break this morning & just decided - fuck it! I quit!

Goin cold turkey -  with the help of some cough drops (thanks aMD) & some flavored toothpicks (thanks to my gf)

maybe a quitting smoking thread?

i smoked the strongest cigs around, Newports. god i loved them!! :-*
what i did, to quit smoking (haven't bought a pack in over a year), is i bought my last pack, knowing that it was going to be  my last. i smoked a cig here and there, until i had less than a half a pack, smoked one about every three days, until i just quit. basically just slowing weened myself from smoking. it worked. where i live they have a smoking ban, so seeing people having to leave to go outside (in the freezing cold) just to smoke made me feel better about myself. think every time (not to be mean) you see people smoke, think that they are killing themselves slowing, and you'll feel better about yourself and your decision. good luck, i know its hard.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

megisnotreal

i think i am going to move into a new apt.
8-)

TEO

QuoteHang in there LizKing!  If I can do it, so can you.  I loved my camel lights with a passion, but I am so glad it's over.  Absolutely no craving anymore.  In fact, I smoke about one cig a month now and all it does is remind me how glad I am that I don't smoke (tobacco) anymore.

Mike, my oldest girl started kindergarten last week too and I just can't believe it.  She's still my baby.  I was worried she wouldn't like it, but she's doing real good.  Better than me!   :'( I'm so proud of her!

Just wait until she leaves for MIZZOU!   :'(
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

TEO

Playing WC from OKO during a class project today and BLASTING the wordless part on my JVC sound cannon. And they say you can not teach religion in schools!    ;)

aMD

i got a raise!!!

Football's starting!!  Which means a new madden game, fantasy football, and real ohio football!

red

My new single-cup coffee maker.  No more half-wasted pots for me!!!

TEO

Being able to watch the Blue Angels practice for and perform in the Indy air show from the comfort of my own backyard.  This is their first appearance since the April accident and everyone around here has really been psyched about watching them.  

dragonboy

QuoteBeing able to watch the Blue Angels practice for and perform in the Indy air show from the comfort of my own backyard.  This is their first appearance since the April accident and everyone around here has really been psyched about watching them.  
What happened in April TEO?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

The sound of hard soled boots and shoes walking and running on stone and/or tile. I do not know what it is, but I enjoy that sound

ali

QuoteFirst day of school!! The boy starts 3rd grade so I'm glad to get his little back to class. My baby girl starts her first day of Kindergarten.....I'm happy as she's so excited (she was up before freaking 6 AM today), but I'm also sad because it means she's growing up and isn't going to remain my baby girl forever

she'll always be your baby girl... that's just the way it is with dads & daughters!!!
love a song for the way it makes you feel

ali

driving in to work on a beautiful saturday morning & out of the blue one big holiday came on the radio!!

its going to be 25 degrees today!!! bring on SUMMER!!
love a song for the way it makes you feel

ratsprayer

i've been seeing loads of hawks lately.  they're my favourite animal of all.

red-tailed hawk