Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMc55

Thanks all. You're so kind. I can feel the vibes from here  :)

dragonboy

QuoteI emailed a band today trying to find out where I can get a hold of the excellent cover of The Boys Of Summer that they have on their myspace page at the moment.

Didn't expect a response but got an email straight back from the singer/guitarist informing me that the song was unreleased but he could send me an mp3 if I wanted it  :D

i saw a deadhead sticker on a cadillac.     ;D
Haha I actually love the original - do I have to through in one of these  :-[ ?
I'm obsessed with the cover, I'll have to see if I can't find space for it on my next mix...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Angry Ewok

I was originally hired to help finish the job... Rick Rush needed an artist who could forge up some silk screen positives and quickly, so that he could finish an incomplete serigraph of Vince Young with the Texas Longhorns. Well, our schedule got fucked up when he decided that it'd be in the company's best interest to take 1/3rd of the production and finish it, leaving the rest of the 300+ prints to gather dust. We finished initial production in January, here it is August 28th and we will be running our very last color in the print.

We have pretty much slaved over these things in the heat, so I feel really good to say that the serigraph is not only about to be finished, but that it actually looks better on this second run than it did in the first, as we were able to study the first and make adjustments in its registration. I'm so excited to get this out of the way, it's been ongoing since November.

By the way... the one color we're running is black, it's a touchup color where we missed a player's ear hole in his helmet... so we're running the press today for an ear-hole (black dot).

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

SMc55

Started my new job today. It was fine. Everyone was really helpful. Didn't make an arse of myself. Plenty of time for that though, as teaching doesn't start until next week  :-/

And Mark, it was very red and white. I'll have to be careful what I say. It'll be hard though as Newcastle wins match after match  :D

(The football team most of the staff support is Sunderland, who wear red and white and are the arch rivals of my team, Newcastle United)

ratsprayer

crazy footy fans.   ;D ;D

wordawg

As though they couldn't like YOU.

Never an issue.

Working with makems, however........... :-/

wordoc
the future is Ginger

SMc55

The shame of it... :-/

(That was a quote from Thomas the Tank Engine - good old Ringo :D)

SMc55

Quotecrazy footy fans.   ;D ;D
One bloke has a Sunderland jersey made into a cover for his chair, and a poster he made himself commemorating their promotion to the premier division. Sad act  ;)

TEO

Getting VERY excited about getting to visit my Son this weekend for the first time at Mizzou! :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

SMc55

Have fun teo!  :D

ratsprayer

QuoteGetting VERY excited about getting to visit my Son this weekend for the first time at Mizzou! :)

sleep through that boring ass drive to columbia and enjoy the time with your son as much as possible.   :)

ManNamedTruth

Gnarls Barkley had a contest on their facebook where the first however many people to e-mail them win something. This was like a week ago and i just got a reply. So apparantly i won something! I wonder what it is??
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

The Big Come Up

office dvd out september 4th. yay. this is also key in a certain masterplan i have... ;)

.Walt

it was 75 degrees, sunny and blue skies with no humidity outside today. classes weren't so boring and i didn't have to work tonight. i got to played some home-run derby with my roommates. (it wasn't my best performance) went to Famous Daves for some ribs and a few beers. all and all, what a great day. i can't want to wake up and do it all again.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

TEO

Quoteoffice dvd out september 4th. yay. this is also key in a certain masterplan i have... ;)

Stop frame on "Karen" at least once for me.   ;)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

aMD

Three day weekends!  Come on, Friday!

Jenny

school in a week! :O

megisnotreal

tomorrow is payday!

red

Quotetomorrow is payday!
Mine too!  I've been broke for two entire weeks, that shall all soon change!!!  

dragonboy

My Dad just phoned from Spain to thank me for the mixtapes I made for his party.
It's 2 in the morning there, I could hear Hotel California playing in the background  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.