Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

Tuesday afternoon my friend and I have an appointment at the local community college...They saw our Welcome To Yorkton videos (which admittedly aren't that great, aside from some stuff that still makes us piss ourselves) and want us to make them a video for marketing purposes.  We're prepared to sell out.

dragonboy

That's great news K! Our very own K...the next Scorsese!!!
That reminds me of a quote from Singles "He's totally like the next Scorsese!" & wasn't it Tim Burton?

Anyway, I digress...let us know how it works out  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

red

QuoteThat's great news K! Our very own K...the next Scorsese!!!
That reminds me of a quote from Singles "He's totally like the next Scorsese!" & wasn't it Tim Burton?

Anyway, I digress...let us know how it works out  :)
That's eerie...I just put Singles in my DVD player, and was planning on falling asleep to it shortly.  

I'm not getting very excited, it'll be terribly acted/written/directed and we'll hopefully be overpaid, so I'm okay with that.    ;D

MarkW

QuoteI'm not getting very excited, it'll be terribly acted/written/directed and we'll hopefully be overpaid, so I'm okay with that.    ;D

I loved your early work, but then you went and sold out to The Man... drawn by filthy lucre into a spiral of overblown commercial blockbusters featuring the best of tourist Canada  ;) ;)

Good luck K!  ;D
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

dragonboy

My wireless headphones!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Jenny

cuernavaca was beautiful, 2 weeks was not enough.

dragonboy

Jenny

Welcome back Face! Any pics?

thanks! I'm gonna try to put some up once i get the two cameras developed...
entering reality is a bitch.

dragonboy

Patrick's online...I've come over all star-stuck & suddenly feel very faint!!!  :o

Hey Patrick - any hot news for us?!!  :)

dragonboy

& now he's gone  :(

You saw him, right Tom?!! He was really online, wasn't he?!!

megalicious

1. it is 70 degrees and awesome outside.
2. i am drinking some delicious sweet tea
3. my and brad's anniversary is a week away
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

BH

Quote1. it is 70 degrees and awesome outside.
2. i am drinking some delicious sweet tea
3. my and brad's anniversary is a week away

Nice!  Happy anniversary.

It was 75 degrees here yesterday.  Today the high will be 38 with sleet starting this afternnoon and a prediction of 6-10 inches of snow tommorow.  WTF?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

red

Tom Waits is planning a summer tour!  

I'm planning to head abroad for a working holiday come September, and I've told myself (and my mother) that a Tom Waits show is the only thing that would make me push that back a month or so.  

Fingers crossed and I'll be flying south sometime this summer!  

LEATHER KID

Got my new harmonica set in today.  One in every key.  Dig :)
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

easy jim

QuoteGot my new harmonica set in today.  One in every key.  Dig :)

sweet!
So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame!

LizKing531

Had a kick ass weekend jam session with aMD & thats what she said   -   can't wait to hear the tapes!!!

Jenny

:D :D :D :D :D
POTENTIALLY OPENING FOR ORNETTE COLEMAN AT SYMPHONY HALL IN BOSTON IN MAY! Before, it was just some small local venue. somehow it's been upgraded to symphony hall. got the original invitation, still waiting to hear back and make sure everythings good but still...
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

:D :D :D :D

dragonboy

Amazing news Face! Hope it all works out, keep us informed!  :)

My younger sister who's a GP in the UK just had her 2nd interview for a partnership. 100+ people applied...she just phoned to say she was offered & accepted the job!!!
I'm so proud of her  :) :D :'(