Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

Quote I didn't think it'd be so hard to find a little green in my post-college era.  Maybe I'm growing up too fast...

The older you get the harder it is.  And I'd say nearly everyone is growing up too fast.  Stay young!!!

People stop being cool post-college.  Postpone post college.  Everyone just gets drunk and medicated; usually at the same time.  Then they start hitting each other.  Then they come see me.  That makes them sadder and they drink some more, fight some more, and pay me double.

A massive, weed-filled feast should be on everyone's monthly to-do list.
Damn Soup, I actually thought you were quoting Hold Steady lyrics.

FACE

i got new glasses

(and a kitten that loves me!)

tomEisenbraun

Haha, nice specs, Jens.

As for me, went to bed freakin early last night, then woke up rested at 5am. Couldn't get back to sleep so I just went ahead and got up, cooked up a whole can of Hormel Corned Beef Hash and two eggs over easy, and had at it. Accidentally finished the plate. There's a good reason a man should only keep one can of that business in the pantry at any given time.

Now that I'm fully gorged on the most delicious of atrocities, it's time to finish that dang paper.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

bowl of soup

Quote I didn't think it'd be so hard to find a little green in my post-college era.  Maybe I'm growing up too fast...

The older you get the harder it is.  And I'd say nearly everyone is growing up too fast.  Stay young!!!

People stop being cool post-college.  Postpone post college.  Everyone just gets drunk and medicated; usually at the same time.  Then they start hitting each other.  Then they come see me.  That makes them sadder and they drink some more, fight some more, and pay me double.

I just read that back to the tune of One for the Cutters and you're right, that cd has taken over my speech pattern.  I should'nt post such pain in the current joys thread.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

mjkoehler

I just read that back to the tune of One for the Cutters and you're right, that cd has taken over my speech pattern.  I should'nt post such pain in the current joys thread.
Nice, very nice.

purvis9876

Quotei got new glasses

(and a kitten that loves me!)

So Jenny, I have this younger brother who's a senior this year, kinda shy... Into MMJ and everything. So if you ever come Southward ways, I'll hook the two of you up for free ;).. No biggie  ;D
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

getinthevan

Tomorrow night we're watching The Grinch and drinking when they say "Who".  Then we're going sledding.  I'm anticipating Sunday being a little rough.  Not so much from the drinking but from the sledding.  I've never mixed the two but I suspect it will with me breaking one or both of my thumbs (just the week I'm having).
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Penny Lane

after 14 weeks, i think i am starting to understand the tax code--specifically like kind exchanges and interest deductions. I hope i can retain it all for the exam on tues (then i plan on hiring an accountant and never having to deal w/complicated tax issues ever again)

sled riding sounds so fun--wish i didn't live in the city--(that's more for the complaint thread) :(
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

BH

QuoteTomorrow night we're watching The Grinch and drinking when they say "Who".  Then we're going sledding.  I'm anticipating Sunday being a little rough.  Not so much from the drinking but from the sledding.  I've never mixed the two but I suspect it will with me breaking one or both of my thumbs (just the week I'm having).

The last time I went sledding after heavy drinking was also the first time I saw stars.  Like in the cartoons.  I never thought that actually happened when you hit your head real hard.  It does.

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

tomEisenbraun

It's a Steely Dan Day, Charlie Brown.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

getinthevan

QuoteTomorrow night we're watching The Grinch and drinking when they say "Who".  Then we're going sledding.  I'm anticipating Sunday being a little rough.  Not so much from the drinking but from the sledding.  I've never mixed the two but I suspect it will with me breaking one or both of my thumbs (just the week I'm having).

The last time I went sledding after heavy drinking was also the first time I saw stars.  Like in the cartoons.  I never thought that actually happened when you hit your head real hard.  It does.

Ha, I didn't see this post before just now and ironically, I did hit my head so hard that I saw stars.  It wasn't a cool fall or anything, just me being drunk and trying to defy gravity.  Details are in Current Complaints.

But yeah, drunk sledding.  Awesome!

megalicious

[size=20]NEW JOB![/size]
10,000 dollar raise.
full benefits.
lots of extras.
and it's in alabama!

i am so excited right now!
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

BH

Quote[size=20]NEW JOB![/size]
10,000 dollar raise.
full benefits.
lots of extras.
and it's in alabama!

sweet.  so sweet.   Congratulations Meg!  That made my day.  [smiley=beer.gif]
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

megalicious

thanks, bh. i am so happy; this is a really big step for me!
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Sassbox

Congratulations to you!
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

Penny Lane

10,000 dollar raise.
full benefits.
lots of extras.
and it's in alabama!

congrats, meg! things always have a way of working out  ;)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

getinthevan

10,000 dollar raise.
full benefits.
lots of extras.
and it's in alabama!

Holy cow, congratulations!  When do you start there?

ms. yvon

10,000 dollar raise.
full benefits.
lots of extras.
and it's in alabama!

[size=16]FANTASTIC NEWS, MEG!![/size]congratulations!  is it radio related?
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

getinthevan

-For the first time in over 2 weeks I got 8 hours of sleep
-There's samples of the new Cannibal Corpse album on Amazon
-With a little luck I will finish recording bass for our new EP tonight
-Tonight is my last night at the job I've had for 2 1/2 years
-Tomorrow I get to hang out with friends I rarely get to see
-Tomorrow I get to sleep at night!!!

TGMC421

I'm not the only one out there who plays old-school controllers upside down by default!  ;D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNBocGy4HXc[/media]