Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Quotedid my brown interview, and i think it went pretty well.

Not sure what your are going to major in/looking to do, or what you major interests are, outside of MMJ of course, but 1 of the best decisions Ive made in my life so far was choosing to go to Penn State over Cornell.

Id do the same thing a million times over if I had to choose again. Just my $0.02 cents

I always think to myself, wow, I'm glad I went to MU instead of "X" but who knows where I would be if I would have chosen a different school.  That is certainly a fork in the road, you know.  I might be living a completely different life because of that one little decision.

Well in my case, I feel like I wouldve had to work much harder in school, not had as much fun, and think that Cornell wouldve had a lot less people who are more laidback like myself. Also, PSU cost me about 1/3 as much Cornell wouldve.

Seeing how im not even 2 years removed from graduation and going into a totally different profession now, Im even happier with that decision.

That, and I cant imagine going through college football seasons and not having a decent team to root for   ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

FACE

Not sure what your are going to major in/looking to do, or what you major interests are, outside of MMJ of course, but 1 of the best decisions Ive made in my life so far was choosing to go to Penn State over Cornell.

Id do the same thing a million times over if I had to choose again. Just my $0.02 cents

I always think to myself, wow, I'm glad I went to MU instead of "X" but who knows where I would be if I would have chosen a different school.  That is certainly a fork in the road, you know.  I might be living a completely different life because of that one little decision.

Well in my case, I feel like I wouldve had to work much harder in school, not had as much fun, and think that Cornell wouldve had a lot less people who are more laidback like myself. Also, PSU cost me about 1/3 as much Cornell wouldve.

Seeing how im not even 2 years removed from graduation and going into a totally different profession now, Im even happier with that decision.

That, and I cant imagine going through college football seasons and not having a decent team to root for   ;D

wait - what does this have to do with my interview?

the sun and moon

I'm too stupid  :(

capt. scotty

wait - what does this have to do with my interview?

read my first reply. I just said for me, Im glad I chose not to go to an Ive League school and went to PSU instead.

and my decision at the time had nothing to do with tuition/money, but I saved a great deal by going the route I did, and Ive read a few times since graduating that for most professions, the Ivy league name and pricetag isnt really worth it as much anymore. But again, some professions that isnt the case.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

FACE

man, i'm just tryin' to do my thing, just sayin' my interview went well and that that i was pretty happy it went that way...
never said i had my heart set on brown or the fact that it's an ivy league -- if you knew anything about me, which i don't expect you to, you'd realize that i am not one for ultra-competition or going to a school because it is "That" school. i've also applied to hampshire (where they don't give grades) and bard (a small liberal arts school) among others that are pretty opposite of what is classically considered "top notch schools"
and - as of now - plan on getting a degree in special education, art education or just elementary educaiton in general - something i can do in four years at brown (and horace mann went there).
so i mean, that's nice that you didn't go to cornell. but i mean, i wouldn't go to cornell in 10,000 years.  i'm not applying to brown because it is an ivy league, but rather because it's a school where i can get a great education and avoid the competition and craziness of the stereotypical ivy league...
brown is a very different kind of ivy league, it's liberal policy being just one reason, and yes, i'd like to go there.
but not for the name.
i don't really like to be misrepresented, especially when it comes to education.

thanks.

BH

Ouch!  mental note... Don't mention anything about Jenny's school choice.  ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

capt. scotty

burnnn

Like I said, just giving my 2 cents

TEO

Bought some 38's yesterday and am fitting into them quite comfortably today!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Sassbox

Working on our Bonnaroo costumes all weekend.  El wire, soldering and glue gun work has never been so fun!
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

dragonboy

Sharing mixes & talking music with my good man Ward (Chills/Sergio)

One of the many people I miss here (Rats, Doc, EC, Brian, Mr T etc) this place isn't the same without these good people...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

getinthevan

I got an iPhone a few days ago.  Not only am I enjoying having Internet access again, I like having a phone that works properly again.  

I picked up a second job as a conversion crewman at the Sommet Center.  It's overnight manual labor but I'm enjoying it so far.  Between that and my 2nd shift job at FedEx I don't have much time to go to shows, and that bums me out but it's also helping me save money.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

pawpaw

Quoteman, i'm just tryin' to do my thing, just sayin' my interview went well and that that i was pretty happy it went that way...
never said i had my heart set on brown or the fact that it's an ivy league -- if you knew anything about me, which i don't expect you to, you'd realize that i am not one for ultra-competition or going to a school because it is "That" school. i've also applied to hampshire (where they don't give grades) and bard (a small liberal arts school) among others that are pretty opposite of what is classically considered "top notch schools"
and - as of now - plan on getting a degree in special education, art education or just elementary educaiton in general - something i can do in four years at brown (and horace mann went there).
so i mean, that's nice that you didn't go to cornell. but i mean, i wouldn't go to cornell in 10,000 years.  i'm not applying to brown because it is an ivy league, but rather because it's a school where i can get a great education and avoid the competition and craziness of the stereotypical ivy league...
brown is a very different kind of ivy league, it's liberal policy being just one reason, and yes, i'd like to go there.
but not for the name.
i don't really like to be misrepresented, especially when it comes to education.

thanks.

Yeah, but more importantly Jenny, did you see the Puppy Bowl?!?! It was on two Sundays ago, ya know, the Super one. I guess it's an annual thing that the Animal Planet cable channel does on Super Bowl Sunday, where they just put a bunch of puppies in a mini arena with chew toys and little balls and let them romp around while the cameras roll. It was great. There was also the Kitty Halftime Show!!! Anyway, I thought about you when I watched it, but haven't had a chance to ask you if you'd seen it...been kind of busy  :)

Things are going really well in the bbill house. babybill is doing wonderfully, eating really well and sleeping a ton. We're pretty damn tired, but we just love him so much, and it's just the greatest thing to hold your infant child. God I love him  :) :) :) Thanks again to everyone and their responses!!!  :) :) :)

Oh yeah, one more thing for Jenny...did you end up applying to Reed?
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

red

I'm going home for a few days come Thursday.  It's been three months since I've last seen a few too many people I care about.  Can't wait.  

bowl of soup

QuoteOuch!  mental note... Don't mention anything about Jenny's school choice.  ;)

Don't you think that she's making a big mistake?  I mean Brown?  Do they teach trades at Brown?  Get a good trade, that's my advice.  :D
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

TEO

Just ran the dog in a T-shirt... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

tomEisenbraun

Just dropped a couple classes to lighten up the workload and feeling so much better about it. I can get some sleep on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, and that'll help out with being able to do more work at Borders, as well as just having time to breathe and not have to do anything. Delays graduation a semester, so I'm sure I'll have to pay that final semester out of pocket to satisfy the parents, but I'm happy to do that if it means I can keep my head above water in all regards on my way to getting the degree done.

Also joyous, show tonight. If anyone here is in Athens, we're playing Tasty World at 10pm sharp.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

FACE

Quoteman, i'm just tryin' to do my thing, just sayin' my interview went well and that that i was pretty happy it went that way...
but not for the name.

thanks.

Yeah, but more importantly Jenny, did you see the Puppy Bowl?!?! It was on two Sundays ago, ya know, the Super one. I guess it's an annual thing that the Animal Planet cable channel does on Super Bowl Sunday, where they just put a bunch of puppies in a mini arena with chew toys and little balls and let them romp around while the cameras roll. It was great. There was also the Kitty Halftime Show!!! Anyway, I thought about you when I watched it, but haven't had a chance to ask you if you'd seen it...been kind of busy  :)

Things are going really well in the bbill house. babybill is doing wonderfully, eating really well and sleeping a ton. We're pretty damn tired, but we just love him so much, and it's just the greatest thing to hold your infant child. God I love him  :) :) :) Thanks again to everyone and their responses!!!  :) :) :)

Oh yeah, one more thing for Jenny...did you end up applying to Reed?

KITTEN HALF TIME SHOW = BEST THING IN THE WORLD!
AND YES - i did apply to reed! i will hear back April 1 along with all my others!

st. john

TE - how went the show ?

st. john

true love - diablo cody and her  'The United States of Tara'.

ALady

I think I love US of Tara despite Diablo Codyin' up all the dialogue.

That's a current joy.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires