Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Quoteate the 3 eggs last night. 2 fried and one scramble...the egg shells were much harder than the grocery store eggs. They were delicious ! Honestly I don't know if I could tell the difference in the store bought and our "Farm" raised eggs. The eggs from our birds look like a smaller version of store eggs except our eggs are brown...If any of you guys want to start raising a few chickens , I would be more than happy to lend advice. From eggs to fertilizer, chickens are the wave of the future.... :D

Mommy?  Where do eggs come from?  

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ManNamedTruth

Quoteate the 3 eggs last night. 2 fried and one scramble...the egg shells were much harder than the grocery store eggs. They were delicious ! Honestly I don't know if I could tell the difference in the store bought and our "Farm" raised eggs. The eggs from our birds look like a smaller version of store eggs except our eggs are brown...If any of you guys want to start raising a few chickens , I would be more than happy to lend advice. From eggs to fertilizer, chickens are the wave of the future.... :D

Mommy?  Where do eggs come from?  

[size=18]=[/size]

[size=18]?[/size]
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Soulshine

QuoteMy mom's doing so much better - and the docs sent her home.  She can walk a limited amount with a walker and has to go to physical therapy 5 days a week - but all signs do point to a full recovery.  

Thanks for all of the kind words and thoughts.  It was appreciated.  It's weird how your world can change in a moment's time...

Penny - I hope your mom is doing well.  My thoughts are with you!

thanks everyone. that's great lucy!  sort of the same deal w/my mom. she got out of ICU sunday night but until the meds wear off, they won't know the full extent. she'll have acute care for a couple weeks but everything points to a full recovery (possibly some limitations)

*just remember, if any of you or your older relatives/parents have some sort of numbness anywhere, that comes out of nowhere and lasts for more than a few seconds, get it checked out. from what i'm learning, a little mini/partial stroke on one part of the body the day or 2 before is a sign that the big one's coming.

Ladies...So sorry to hear about your mothers. I'm sending positive thoughts your way. My best to you and your families.  :)
Because we're all in this together...

megalicious

my joy: my best friend is coming to visit this weekend!
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

TheBigChicken

Quotemy joy: my best friend is coming to visit this weekend!
that was always a good time especially with college football starting up
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Love Dogg

Current Joy:

That I'm not this guy!  On behalf of men everywhere...sorry ladies.

http://melodymaker.posterous.com/the-reason-some-girls-stay-single-very-funny

Click on the link and play the voice mail.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Taterbug

4 DAY weekend starts for me this afternoon. Gettin out of work early to go home and pack for a 2 day trip with my brother  to northwestern Wisconsin to reflect at my Dads memorial on the one year anniversary of his passing.  

Monday: Fantasy football draft

Tuesday: Gonna hop on my Milwaukee vibrator and go for a nice long ride out to Galena,IL.

Right Now: listening to MMJ catalog in order of release on my peepod and watching the minutes melt away.  Somebody please call me to buy some steel and make the day go faster.  

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Soulshine

Quote4 DAY weekend starts for me this afternoon. Gettin out of work early to go home and pack for a 2 day trip with my brother  to northwestern Wisconsin to reflect at my Dads memorial on the one year anniversary of his passing.  

Monday: Fantasy football draft

Tuesday: Gonna hop on my Milwaukee vibrator and go for a nice long ride out to Galena,IL.

Right Now: listening to MMJ catalog in order of release on my peepod and watching the minutes melt away.  Somebody please call me to buy some steel and make the day go faster.  

I hope you have a good, healing trip with your bro.

Galena is beautiful and amazing. Enjoy!  :)
Because we're all in this together...

capt. scotty

QuoteCurrent Joy:

That I'm not this guy!  On behalf of men everywhere...sorry ladies.

http://melodymaker.posterous.com/the-reason-some-girls-stay-single-very-funny

Click on the link and play the voice mail.

good stuff  ;D

I like how he didnt even know his own phone number  ;D

"i am single, i have no trouble meeting women, women approach me 6 or 7 times a day"

"elegant women are very rare, im Greek"

"believe it or not, im a complete catch"

"matter of fact, im one of the few men in the city that has nothing wrong with him"

"i dont know, maybe you were abused in childhood"

;D ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

mjkoehler

Happy to be stuffed to the gills with Thai food. Vegan Ginger Pad Thai...Mmmm fried tofu and ginger sauce....

pawpaw

I just got back last night from a 4 day work trip to Madison, WI. GREAT TOWN!!!

I was really happy to get home and see my family though. Just those few days away, and the boy seems to have grown, hair is longer. It's amazing. I'm really happy to be back home with them.  :)
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

mjkoehler

QuoteI just got back last night from a 4 day work trip to Madison, WI. GREAT TOWN!!!

I was really happy to get home and see my family though. Just those few days away, and the boy seems to have grown, hair is longer. It's amazing. I'm really happy to be back home with them.  :)
Yep. Work trips like that are rough.

Madison is a great town.

TEO

QuoteI just got back last night from a 4 day work trip to Madison, WI. GREAT TOWN!!!

You got it goin' on and on... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

ALady

Isn't it?   :)  I went to school there.  Did you get to do any sightseeing?

No matter where you go, it's always good to come home  :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

pawpaw

First of all, the weather was damn near perfect the whole time I was there. I was staying at a hotel on Langdon St, like 2 blocks from the campus and 1 block from State St. After my class, I'd take really long walks in the early evening, exploring the town. I walked down by the lake and out to Picnic Pt, then back up Observatory Dr, through (one of?) the older parts of the campus. I did another walk to the football stadium, snuck in and watched the team practice from up high in the stands...walked over to that Terrace thing on the lake, then around the capital. Drank and ate at the Great Dane brew pub. Had a beer down by the lake near the student union. Really cool town!

School was just starting up, and I felt OLD walking around college students. The freshmen looked like children! Oh, to be a freshman in college again... ::)  ;D

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

ALady

Oh, you did it up right!  I can't think of anything else I'd add.  Enjoying a beer on the Terrace...ideally, at sunset...is one of the finest things I've experienced in this life.     :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Ruckus

First of all, the weather was damn near perfect the whole time I was there. I was staying at a hotel on Langdon St, like 2 blocks from the campus and 1 block from State St. After my class, I'd take really long walks in the early evening, exploring the town. I walked down by the lake and out to Picnic Pt, then back up Observatory Dr, through (one of?) the older parts of the campus. I did another walk to the football stadium, snuck in and watched the team practice from up high in the stands...walked over to that Terrace thing on the lake, then around the capital. Drank and ate at the Great Dane brew pub. Had a beer down by the lake near the student union. Really cool town!

School was just starting up, and I felt OLD walking around college students. The freshmen looked like children! Oh, to be a freshman in college again... ::)  ;D

Ya know this got me thinking, we need a new thread for underappreciated towns/cities to visit.  Madison is unbelievable and so many people haven't even heard of it, let alone consider it a place to visit.  I love Madison though my last memory is hazy from seeing some band called Phish at the Kohl Center.  Don't know much about them

So Lady is a Badger?, PL a Buckeye, Headdy an Nittany Lion, Tower a Spartan, Hawkeye a Hawkeye.....This is disgusting.

Any other Illini out there?
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

Ya know this got me thinking, we need a new thread for underappreciated towns/cities to visit.  Madison is unbelievable and so many people haven't even heard of it, let alone consider it a place to visit.  I love Madison though my last memory is hazy from seeing some band called Phish at the Kohl Center.  Don't know much about them

So Lady is a Badger?, PL a Buckeye, Headdy an Nittany Lion, Tower a Spartan, Hawkeye a Hawkeye.....This is disgusting.

Any other Illini out there?

Good idea. I know about Madison, but probably wouldnt if I didnt follow college sports and knew U of W main was there.

And do me a favor BDR, give Rashard Mendenhall a call and tell him to get some positive yardage on runs aside from when theres a hole that I can run thru and get 4 yards.

Tell me about it. Im turning 25 soon and back at a Penn St branch campus where its basically all frosh and sophs besides people transfer to State College when theyre going to be upperclassmen. Even I feel like they look like a bunch of high schoolers  ;D

mjkoehler

My wife's almond flavored buttercream icing. How can mere icing be a joy you ask? You've never had my wife's then. Seriously, this shit will make crack addicts give up da rock and start mainlining this fluffy goodness. I've been known to eat a bowl in a sitting. Graham crackers and/or Nilla Wafers are cooking companions.

dragonboy

QuoteMy wife's almond flavored buttercream icing. How can mere icing be a joy you ask? You've never had my wife's then. Seriously, this shit will make crack addicts give up da rock and start mainling this fluffy goodness. I've been known to eat a bowl in a sitting. Graham crackers and/or Nilla Wafers are cooking companions.
;D ;D ;D  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.