Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

QuoteMy wife's almond flavored buttercream icing. How can mere icing be a joy you ask? You've never had my wife's then. Seriously, this shit will make crack addicts give up da rock and start mainlining this fluffy goodness. I've been known to eat a bowl in a sitting. Graham crackers and/or Nilla Wafers are cooking companions.
;D ;D ;D  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Just woke up from an hour long stupor after eating a sizable amount. I now I have to clean the drool stain up.

*corrected my poor spelling onthe original post*

Soulshine

QuoteI just got back last night from a 4 day work trip to Madison, WI. GREAT TOWN!!!

Isn't it?   :)  I went to school there.  Did you get to do any sightseeing?

No matter where you go, it's always good to come home  :)

First of all, the weather was damn near perfect the whole time I was there. I was staying at a hotel on Langdon St, like 2 blocks from the campus and 1 block from State St. After my class, I'd take really long walks in the early evening, exploring the town. I walked down by the lake and out to Picnic Pt, then back up Observatory Dr, through (one of?) the older parts of the campus. I did another walk to the football stadium, snuck in and watched the team practice from up high in the stands...walked over to that Terrace thing on the lake, then around the capital. Drank and ate at the Great Dane brew pub. Had a beer down by the lake near the student union. Really cool town!

School was just starting up, and I felt OLD walking around college students. The freshmen looked like children! Oh, to be a freshman in college again... ::)  ;D

Ya know this got me thinking, we need a new thread for underappreciated towns/cities to visit.  Madison is unbelievable and so many people haven't even heard of it, let alone consider it a place to visit.  I love Madison though my last memory is hazy from seeing some band called Phish at the Kohl Center.  Don't know much about them

So Lady is a Badger?, PL a Buckeye, Headdy an Nittany Lion, Tower a Spartan, Hawkeye a Hawkeye.....This is disgusting.

Any other Illini out there?

I live in Chambana, but I'm not an Illini. I'm a Saluki.
Because we're all in this together...

ALady

Ya know this got me thinking, we need a new thread for underappreciated towns/cities to visit.  Madison is unbelievable and so many people haven't even heard of it, let alone consider it a place to visit.  I love Madison though my last memory is hazy from seeing some band called Phish at the Kohl Center.  Don't know much about them

Haha, snap...I was probably there   ;D

Underappreciated towns/cities...hrm.  Milwaukee is a great town, definitely underappreciated.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Sparkle

It was a beautiful day in London today (it's a rarity these days), just finished it off with a bbq... ah, I'm going to miss summer.

.Walt

Underappreciated towns/cities...hrm.  Milwaukee is a great town, definitely underappreciated.

I agree!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

mjkoehler

I agree!
Isn't Kopp's in Milwaukee? Delicious greasy burgers and frozen custard? I worked the State Fair a couple of times in the Purina booth and remember eating really good and drinking a LOT. Kopp's was a stop a few times.

.Walt

I agree!
Isn't Kopp's in Milwaukee? Delicious greasy burgers and frozen custard? I worked the State Fair a couple of times in the Purina booth and remember eating really good and drinking a LOT. Kopp's was a stop a few times.

I've never ate there, but maybe. I know when I'm in the Mil we go to Oscar's for frozen custard.

.Walt

Going to do a little bolf (baseball/golf) in the sunshine. Getting the beer cold for football!!!!!!

the_wizzard

Nothing like talking to your financial planner and hearing your 401K is up!  By 46%!

BH

I agree!

I've never ate there, but maybe. I know when I'm in the Mil we go to Oscar's for frozen custard.

I'm going to Milwaukee for a wedding in a couple of weeks.  I'm looking forward to it.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ALady

I agree!

It is indeed.  Good stuff....Oscar's is delicious too.  Milwaukee has a bunch of great frozen custard places...we only have one custard stand where I live now, and ice cream...well, it's good, but it just isn't the same!

BH, have a great time!  Will you be staying downtown?  If so, I recommend the Lakefront brewery tour   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Sassbox

I'll second the Lakefront Brewery tour.  Be prepared to wobble out, though.  :D
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

weeniebeenie

Went riding this afternoon which is always good.

It was 30 degrees C (86F) today and the sunset was absolutely orange. :)

How loud can silence get?

mjkoehler

Had a great 10 mile run this morning, it's not too hot not too cool, Liverpool v Burnley is on in 20 minutes, my Bff's hubby is coming down as we are on a quest for a certain beer that is not sold in St Louis but is in some of the small towns near me, and I'm taking the boy to a cannon demonstration at an old French fort that was used around the time of the French & Indian War.

Penny Lane

QuoteHad a great 10 mile run this morning, it's not too hot not too cool, Liverpool v Burnley is on in 20 minutes, my Bff's hubby is coming down as we are on a quest for a certain beer that is not sold in St Louis but is in some of the small towns near me, and I'm taking the boy to a cannon demonstration at an old French fort that was used around the time of the French & Indian War.

sounds great! i've had trouble getting my runs in lately because of the rain. i HAVE to do 15 tomorrow.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjkoehler

QuoteHad a great 10 mile run this morning, it's not too hot not too cool, Liverpool v Burnley is on in 20 minutes, my Bff's hubby is coming down as we are on a quest for a certain beer that is not sold in St Louis but is in some of the small towns near me, and I'm taking the boy to a cannon demonstration at an old French fort that was used around the time of the French & Indian War.

sounds great! i've had trouble getting my runs in lately because of the rain. i HAVE to do 15 tomorrow.
THat was my fight last weekend. I had to stop after 12 as the roads and sidewalks were so covered I had no clue what I was landing in. Plus my feet were getting rubbed a little too raw, and I had to change clothes twice. Not a fun experience. I have 20 next Saturday. Last big run before the big day. After that it's 5, 8 and 12 miles runs.

Ruckus

Finally a day off with some tennis, disc golf and 12 hours of football!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Janet

Went for a nice long bike ride along the American River.  Gorgeous.  Will be watching the jets perform overhead (nearby air show) from my back yard this afternoon before whipping up a tasty paella for dinner.

Good day!

mjkoehler

Only 4 more weeks left. I think it's only anoth 150 miles of running left before the big day, most of which is in the next 2 weeks.

Soulshine

Say Please is on XRT
Because we're all in this together...