Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lil sis

Quote from: bluesky on Oct 05, 2011, 01:30 PM
Hey will you be in Queens? if so we will come your way for great indian food !!! :P (this tongue needs to be facing up)

Yup, I'll be in Queens.  We will def need to make plans to grab a bite to eat!  Now I just have to learn how to use public transportation.  :o

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.  I'm very excited about this move.  The only bad part to it is that I will still have to commute to Jersey for work.  Going over the GWB every day is going to be a nightmare BUT I'm hoping I'll be able to find a new job in the city soon.  Excited for new beginnings.

Penny: It wasn't as hard to deal with as I thought.  I basically had all communication in writing and there were several items in my lease that the landlord did not take care of so when I told him I would be applying my security deposit for last month's rent there was really nothing he could say.  If I have anymore issues I will certainly ask you for your expertise.

Liz: I'll be happy to negotiate for you.  :beer:
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

woodnymph

Congrats lil sis!!  That is the bees' knees!!  :-D  It's gonna be such a great move for you!!  Excellent new beginnings!!!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As for the Big Apple.... a good friend of mine back home just asked me if I'd like to go catch Phish for New Years at MSG!  His uncle & aunt live in Brooklyn, and we've stayed with them before, they've got a SWEET spot!!

And I can't believe how frigging sweet he asked, he said, "I know you're not the biggest Phish fan, so if you decide you'd like to swing it, I'll go to whatever MMJ show you want....

:o :o :o

My goodness it's a sweet offer.....  I just don't feel I can do many shows (especially of that volume) for a little while... I'd love to hunker down a bit for the winter and shed a bill or two off my chest.....

It makes me blush though, and I almost don't want to turn him down because of how sweet it is!.........................sheww.....
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

peafunk31

Homer no function beer well without.

StaggerLee

Quote from: peafunk31 on Oct 12, 2011, 11:05 AM
Quote from: dragonboy on Oct 12, 2011, 10:24 AM
Off to Ireland for a week, we'll be visiting points 1,2,3,4 & 7!

http://www.globalgrasshopper.com/destinations/europe/10-of-the-most-beautiful-places-to-visit-in-ireland/

Have an awesome time! Drink well, my man :beer:

mmmmm Beer.   Has anyone tried the new guiness black lager?  I saw a commercial for it and I want some!
Flip Flip Flipadelphia

dragonboy

There's a chance I might have a pint or two  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Company softball season starts and Flyers home opener tonight.

Meeting up with a great friend who is back from Afghanistan tomorrow night.

Deer Tick Friday night.

Hiking in the Wissahickon someday this weekend.

and I got a promotion!!!
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

mjk73

I'm so happy for the Honduras Las Capucas I picked up at the local coffee and gooey butter cake shop near the office. Holy fuck this is breathtaking coffee. Small batch free trade organic medium roast with a fairly high acidity level. This will certainly put lead in your pencil as my Da used to say.

StaggerLee

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Oct 12, 2011, 04:35 PM

Deer Tick Friday night.

and I got a promotion!!!

I am a HUGE Flyers fan.  Also an avid softbal player.  Congrats on the promotion.
Flip Flip Flipadelphia

lil sis

Quote from: woodnymph on Oct 11, 2011, 05:45 PM
Congrats lil sis!!  That is the bees' knees!!  :-D  It's gonna be such a great move for you!!  Excellent new beginnings!!!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As for the Big Apple.... a good friend of mine back home just asked me if I'd like to go catch Phish for New Years at MSG!  His uncle & aunt live in Brooklyn, and we've stayed with them before, they've got a SWEET spot!!

And I can't believe how frigging sweet he asked, he said, "I know you're not the biggest Phish fan, so if you decide you'd like to swing it, I'll go to whatever MMJ show you want....

:o :o :o

My goodness it's a sweet offer.....  I just don't feel I can do many shows (especially of that volume) for a little while... I'd love to hunker down a bit for the winter and shed a bill or two off my chest.....

It makes me blush though, and I almost don't want to turn him down because of how sweet it is!.........................sheww.....
Thanks lady!  I'm so excited for this move!  I hope things are going well for you in your new place!  It sounds perfect for you.  :)

So are you definitely confirmed for the MSG show?  Would be great to see you again!
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: StaggerLee on Oct 13, 2011, 10:22 AM

Deer Tick Friday night.

and I got a promotion!!!

I am a HUGE Flyers fan.  Also an avid softbal player.  Congrats on the promotion.

Thanks!

Got to love the way the Flyers are starting off.

Unfortunately our softball team did not fare as well. We lost 14-1  ;D

BH

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Oct 13, 2011, 12:19 PM
Quote from: StaggerLee on Oct 13, 2011, 10:22 AM

Deer Tick Friday night.

and I got a promotion!!!

Thanks!

Got to love the way the Flyers are starting off.

Unfortunately our softball team did not fare as well. We lost 14-1  ;D

Wow, pitchers dual.    ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

Happy 1st Anniversary, driveway!  You're still as beautiful as the day I met 'ya.

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 04, 2010, 07:14 PM
Happiness is a new driveway!

Before

After

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ericm

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 14, 2011, 09:03 PM
Happy 1st Anniversary, driveway!  You're still as beautiful as the day I met 'ya.

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 04, 2010, 07:14 PM
Happiness is a new driveway!

Before

After

Looking good John.  :thumbsup:

Seems like only yesterday we were all sitting in Trish and Bob's truck in Essex Jct, trying to avoid the "no tailgating" Nazi, and talking about your plans to have the driveway paved. :o

Tempus Fugit indeed!
"Where's Jim going?"

johnnYYac

That's right!  I actually met a paving contractor at our hotel the next morning.  He was at the show too.  That old fart in the cart, lamest parking lot ever!  Bob and Trish's car, our bar with tinted windows.  Was that the day I met you all?  It was! 

And Portland, ME exactly one year ago tomorrow, best MMJ show ever.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

woodnymph

From the Linn Cove Viaduct, Blue Ridge Parkway!!!!!!

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i26/china_cat3/101_5920.jpg

What....a....DAY........

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: woodnymph on Oct 16, 2011, 12:34 AM

What....a....DAY........

WOW!

I need to get down that way!

woodnymph

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Oct 16, 2011, 10:08 PM
Quote from: woodnymph on Oct 16, 2011, 12:34 AM

What....a....DAY........

WOW!

I need to get down that way!

You'd love it I'm sure!!!!!  :D

mjk73

Interview #1 for a new position. Got a very quick response to this which is odd as normally it takes weeks to hear back from anyone about applying for new jobs up in here.

Hearing of a position that would cover Australia, Asia, and Oceana. Umm YES PLEASE. Me travelling internationally would be a riot.

Penny Lane

Quote from: mjk73 on Oct 19, 2011, 09:34 AM
Interview #1 for a new position. Got a very quick response to this which is odd as normally it takes weeks to hear back from anyone about applying for new jobs up in here.

Hearing of a position that would cover Australia, Asia, and Oceana. Umm YES PLEASE. Me travelling internationally would be a riot.

Good luck, brother!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill