Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjk73

Quote from: Penny Lane on Oct 19, 2011, 10:27 AM
Quote from: mjk73 on Oct 19, 2011, 09:34 AM
Interview #1 for a new position. Got a very quick response to this which is odd as normally it takes weeks to hear back from anyone about applying for new jobs up in here.

Hearing of a position that would cover Australia, Asia, and Oceana. Umm YES PLEASE. Me travelling internationally would be a riot.

Good luck, brother!
Let's add that the other role would also cover the UK and the rest of Europe. Oh.Shit.

ALady

Niiiiiiice!

Good luck!   :thumbsup:
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Soulshine

Quote from: mjk73 on Oct 19, 2011, 10:46 AM
Interview #1 for a new position. Got a very quick response to this which is odd as normally it takes weeks to hear back from anyone about applying for new jobs up in here.

Hearing of a position that would cover Australia, Asia, and Oceana. Umm YES PLEASE. Me travelling internationally would be a riot.

Good luck, brother!
Let's add that the other role would also cover the UK and the rest of Europe. Oh.Shit.

Good news my man! I'll be thinking good thoughts!!
Because we're all in this together...

lil sis

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 14, 2011, 11:27 PM
That's right!  I actually met a paving contractor at our hotel the next morning.  He was at the show too.  That old fart in the cart, lamest parking lot ever!  Bob and Trish's car, our bar with tinted windows.  Was that the day I met you all?  It was! 

And Portland, ME exactly one year ago tomorrow, best MMJ show ever.
That was the sorriest tailgate parking lot I've ever witnessed.  I do remember Bob trying to smooth things over/distract the party police while we drank in your car.  Cheers to Bob!  :)
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

Jaimoe

Tens of thousands of Libyan Torontonians are readying for a massive party downtown in a few hours. I just might swing by after work.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15389550

woodnymph

Quote from: lil sis on Oct 13, 2011, 11:31 AM
Thanks lady!  I'm so excited for this move!  I hope things are going well for you in your new place!  It sounds perfect for you.  :)

So are you definitely confirmed for the MSG show?  Would be great to see you again!

Whoops!  Just saw this tonight, sorry for the long delay!!  Thanks very much!!

Sadly the MSG invite was only for Phish on New Years, not for MMJ....  :-\  But I know everyone will have a serious blast, and I can't wait to hear how it goes!!!!   :D

And I'll be heading home to Pittsburgh in about..... 7 hours..... to visit family and friends til Wednesday!  :D :D
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Ghosts_on_TV

Penny and her friend visited me at work tonight!
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

mjk73

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Oct 23, 2011, 09:00 PM
Did they win big?

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Penny Lane

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Oct 23, 2011, 09:00 PM

Great to see you in action there (and Shooter Jennings of course)!
Hopefully I can make it back again.
MJK--No gambling for me...in the end, the house always wins no matter what..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjk73

Quote from: Penny Lane on Oct 24, 2011, 07:46 PM

MJK--No gambling for me...in the end, the house always wins no matter what..
Amen to that sister.

tdb810

this song is just making me joyful this morning...

oh snap

Biz Markie - Just A Friend

.....Back at the Model Home

ALady

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

capt. scotty

Quote from: ericm on Oct 14, 2011, 10:22 PM
Seems like only yesterday we were all sitting in Trish and Bob's truck in Essex Jct, trying to avoid the "no tailgating" Nazi, and talking about your plans to have the driveway paved. :o

Thats odd as I was at Essex Jct last month for the Phish benefit show and we got our party on in the lot with no problem. Inside the venue was different as the only place to get beers was fenced off and you couldnt take drinks out, and you couldnt even see the stage from that area!  >:(
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Quote from: mjk73 on Oct 19, 2011, 10:46 AM

Good luck, brother!

Those both sound like pret-tay, pret-tay, pretty nice options. Good luck!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jaimoe

Toronto city council voted today to ban the sale of shark fins, specifically those primarily used to make shark fin soup, a popular Chinese cultural delicacy. This is huge and great news. Harvesting shark fin is barbaric and sickeningly cruel. This decision is just and pretty gutsy given that there's over 400,000 Chinese in the metropolitan area and 3 Chinatowns. The vote was 38-4, with our fat fuck and cheapskate right-winger mayor voting against the ban. I hope he gets eaten by sharks.

peafunk31

Last weekend of the year in LBI, NJ. Going out with a bang w/ good friends & amazing cooking spreads.

ericm, sent you a PM. Hit me up if you get the message.
Homer no function beer well without.

ericm

Quote from: peafunk31 on Oct 29, 2011, 10:41 AM
Last weekend of the year in LBI, NJ. Going out with a bang w/ good friends & amazing cooking spreads.

ericm, sent you a PM. Hit me up if you get the message.

Hey man, try and enjoy the weekend here. Sucks that we're having such shitty weather. I hope you guys aren't in a too low-lying area. All the usual flood spots are really going to blow this weekend.

Good weekend to spend inside eating and drinking with good friends! :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Jaimoe

We're #1, according to Ken Olberman and his Current program's WORST list!!

Few in downtown Toronto voted for this buffoon, Rob Ford, in last year's election (suburbia won out, this time). I hate his stinking guts. And Ken's non-intentional Ottawa Valley accent is brutal (the comedian in the Mayor Ford piece is playing a Newfoundland housewife-reporter, and Newfies have unique accents), but this segment pretty much captures the embarrassment that is Toronto's newish mayor.

http://current.com/shows/countdown/videos/worst-persons-glenn-beck-wonderland-party-and-rob-ford

mjk73

I finally cleared all of the bushes and roses of sharon trees away from my garage. It's only been 6 years coming. It was like a jungle/forest all around my garage and this has done nothing be make a nice home for mosquitos. I'm hoping this helps control them without me having to call in the fine folks at Mosquito Squad. The area looks so much nicer now instead of an area a creeper would hide in. Now I have get to sit and moan as I ache like a mofo right now.