Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

My sister tied the knot yesterday. happy for her, but I racked up some serious left over loot:

1 5th of Kettle One Vodka
1 5th of Bullet Burbon (signed by tom bullet (?), the owner. a gift for the groomsmen)
1 5th of tequila
3 bottles of Dynamite (i think) Merlot
2 bottles of some white wine
2 bottles of champagne
a TON of bottles of mixers (pre mixed shit, coke, sprite, tonic water, gingerale, blah)
and enough chicken and mashed patatos to feed me litterally for a week.

some serious money saving going on right there. i was hoping there would be some more bullet bourbon left but the bartenders said we went through 24 5ths of bourbon and it was the most alcohol theyve ever served at a wedding. may or may not be something to be proud of.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

woodnymph

Company for my nighttime prayers  :)

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

ALady

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

ALady

Guy Burwell just commented on my Facebook post about going redhead for the fall.   :o

mjk73

Quote from: ALady on Aug 29, 2011, 12:06 PM
Guy Burwell just commented on my Facebook post about going redhead for the fall.   :o
And follow that man's advice! He is an artist.

Penny Lane

Quote from: mjk73 on Aug 29, 2011, 01:02 PM
Quote from: ALady on Aug 29, 2011, 12:06 PM
And follow that man's advice! He is an artist.

down boy!  ;)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

e_wind

Tell him to hook me up with some OG Red Rocks sketches.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

weeniebeenie

Pho fo' dinner. Oh Yeah.
How loud can silence get?

mjk73

Quote from: weeniebeenie on Sep 05, 2011, 05:11 AM
Pho fo' dinner. Oh Yeah.
Oh hell yeah. It's starting to finally cool down here and fall is perfect for pho. Damn, a giant bowl of pho tai chin would be great right aboot now along with steamed summer rolls, and a a big old mug of Cafe sua da.

weeniebeenie

Quote from: mjk73 on Sep 05, 2011, 02:55 PM
Quote from: weeniebeenie on Sep 05, 2011, 05:11 AM
Pho fo' dinner. Oh Yeah.
Oh hell yeah. It's starting to finally cool down here and fall is perfect for pho. Damn, a giant bowl of pho tai chin would be great right aboot now along with steamed summer rolls, and a a big old mug of Cafe sua da.
I hear ya!
How loud can silence get?

Penny Lane

Had a great weekend in NOLA, braving the tropical storm and seeing DBT rock it out two nights. It's becoming my favorite city to visit, I can't get enough. The food, the people, the music.....the cheap drinks (ordered a stoli/sode and PBR and it was $4.50).

Saw a pic of ALady, Ruckus and Kenny on FB, also glad they're enjoying the PJ festival! Love seeing MMJ forum peeps partying together!  :)

Also, congratulations to Fiddlecastro, I believe he graduated last week?! (Maybe I'm wrong?) !! If not, congrats to you! (Hofstra, right?)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ALady

I'm the good kind of exhausted.   :)

woodnymph

Aaaaaahhhhh what ideal weather!!!  To sit and enjoy a hot cup of tea again!  And that smell in the air.......  :)

And the approach of the full moon is always a righteous time......  plus the bountiful harvests of farmers markets!!

And my coworkers are back in college and have been taking the weekend shifts, so I have the next couple of weekends off YESSS!

Time to hike it up tomorrow!!!!   :D

YouAre_GivenToFly

Tonight was the last night in my ten-day chicago-montana-seattle trip. Exhausted, but sufficiently relaxed and refreshed for another few months of work and real-life.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

mjk73

It's been 10 years since I dropped 60+ pounds and have kept it off. At the time it started out as an attempt to not look so bad at my 10 year reunion but I ended up doing it for my wife, my son, and mostly myself. My little girl was the size of a bean at this time 10 years ago and we didn't know we were having another one but once she came around it gave me another reason to keep it off.

woodnymph

My day on the Blue Ridge Parkway yesterday (summed up in 3 shots)

Ruckus

Quote from: woodnymph on Sep 13, 2011, 12:09 AM
My day on the Blue Ridge Parkway yesterday (summed up in 3 shots)

Beautiful pics Woody!  That moon tonight after the week of rain last week was wonderful tonight.  I've had some great hikes in the Blue Ridge.  That rainbow shot is something :thumbsup:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

woodnymph

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 13, 2011, 12:19 AM
Beautiful pics Woody!  That moon tonight after the week of rain last week was wonderful tonight.  I've had some great hikes in the Blue Ridge.  That rainbow shot is something :thumbsup:

Thanks Rob!!  Yesterday was an all-around amazing day... that rainbow is officially the closest, brightest rainbow I've seen.  I could look down the mountain and see where it started... the pot of gold was right in the treetops below, unreal.....  and as I stood on top of my car for the best visibility, it just grew brighter and clearer and taller.... then there became a phantom rainbow off to the right of it!!  Then within maybe 15 minutes it dissipated back into the air......  just incredible.

And the moonrise on the parkway was something I didn't think I'd still be on the parkway to see!  I wound up taking so much longer to get back into Asheville, the sunset was so pull-over worthy....

And Crabtree Falls was just energy... just crazy beautiful energy..... pardon the side-note, but yesterday was the 38th anniversary of Neem Karoli Baba's passing, and he just made himself known all over the place... just lovely   :)

ALady

Damn, woody...those pics brought a tear to my eye, not even kidding.

What a blessed day.  You're a lucky girl.

lil sis

AWESOME pics, Woody!  I'm definitely jealous of your day.  Simply beautiful.  Makes you realize sometimes you just have to stop and take it all in.
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."