Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vadie Stark

Who can wait for Weds? As always it's Tecate Tues. How could I forget?

Big Fun in Mexifornia!
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

capt. scotty

Matt Capps can lick my taint
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Vadie Stark

QuoteMatt Capps can lick my taint

Bet I could kill you with a fastball capt.h and pantload here wouldn't say shit!

capt. scotty

pantload? ...thats a new one

I could throw low 70's back when I still pitched and played ball.

I bet I could beat you in a pitch off

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

capt. scotty

If you make that shirt, I will buy it

MickeyReds

If you make that shirt, I will buy it
sold

Vadie Stark

Quotepantload? ...thats a new one

I could throw low 70's back when I still pitched and played ball.

I bet I could beat you in a pitch off

no way >:( let's  do this :D

Vadie Stark

Nice!!   I love takin a few swings at a pinata every May 5th.. Don't you? ::)

.Walt

ETB, I love the A's annoucers, but I love Jaymee Sire even more! I'm sure Headdy will post some hotter sideline reporter, which is kinda the goal...
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

QuoteETB, I love the A's annoucers, but I love Jaymee Sire even more! I'm sure Headdy will post some hotter sideline reporter, which is kinda the goal...

Lindsay Soto....just doing my job  :)

Vadie Stark

You take that last pic capn?

I clipped this for you guys: Headdy there was a pic w/article but weak. Will you put up one from your jack stack? Please :)

Sports Journalist Jaymee Sire a Fan Favorite

Submitted by Jeff Ferrantino on February 1, 2006

Jaymee Sire is definitely the exception and not the rule. After all, how many 22-year-olds land a job as a television news anchor just two months after graduating from college?

"When I set my mind to something, I do everything in my power to make it happen," says Sire, a native of Great Falls, Mont. "I'm a very competitive person by nature, so there was never a doubt in my mind that I would be successful... I was just surprised how quickly the successes came."

Sire's leap into broadcasting can actually be traced back to her high school days, when she decided that she wanted a future behind the camera.

"I was very involved in Journalism and Drama during high school, so broadcasting seemed like the perfect combination of two things that I was very passionate about," Sire explains of her youthful decision.

After her high school graduation, Sire set her sights on Washington State University, a school with its own student-run cable station. Beginning in her sophomore year, she took full advantage of every opportunity presented to her. In addition to her reporting duties at WSU Cable 8, Sire found time to work for ABC Sports as a production assistant on college football broadcasts. Most importantly, she began interning at KRTV, the CBS affiliate in her hometown, whenever she returned on breaks.

"There's only so much you can learn in the classroom," Sire recalls of her busy life in college. "I definitely gained the most valuable experience through those real-life, hands-on situations."

In May of 2002, Sire graduated magna cum laude from the Edward R. Murrow School of Communication at WSU. By July, KRTV came calling with an offer to anchor the morning and noon newscasts.

"Although getting my first job only 2 months out of college sounds quick, I was actually disappointed how long it took — and I didn't anticipate staying in Great Falls right out of school," she says. "I was also apprehensive to take a morning news job, especially when I was trying to break into sports (not to mention the fact, I am NOT a morning person). But I accepted, and made the best of it, despite having to get up at 4 a.m. every day."

After a few months on the job, Sire made the move to weekend news anchor at KRTV, but still longed for a chance at doing sports. She'd always admired the work of then Monday Night Football reporter Melissa Stark, who was part of a growing trend of women emerging in sports broadcasting at the time.

"I thought that she was really good at her job," Sire says of Stark. "I said to myself, 'Now that's something I'd really like to do.'"

.Walt

QuoteETB, I love the A's annoucers, but I love Jaymee Sire even more! I'm sure Headdy will post some hotter sideline reporter, which is kinda the goal...

Lindsay Soto....just doing my job  :)

Thank you!  ;D

.Walt

nice read ETB!! 22...niiiice!

Vadie Stark

3rd game of 4 game home stand with Reno Aces. We split first two. Game starts 11:35. Tailgate about 10. Remember park in the city lot and not Raley field lot. Why? NO alcohol allowed in Raley's lot.  ;) :P

.Walt

ETB, another reason why I love watching the A's. The random horn that gets blown. What is it a trombone? I love how it's not overly annoying. You're sitting there watching the game, and then BAM, trombone!  8-)

MickeyReds

MickeyReds

.Walt

funny pics mickey! (as always)

just giving a shout out to a forum member...MLBradley. Please tell me it's really MLB Radley!, because that be cool and radley! Brad, join us!

edit: i guess it's MLBrady not Radly.

Vadie Stark

Walt what you drinkin' ;) can't decipher lasts post ;D I  know the sound I think it's a fan doing it that's why it's random. Lot's a stuff goes on in the stands. When I was there last year they had a mariachi band play in the outfield bleacher when Carlos Gonzalez was at bat. So your guess is as good as mine. :) :) :)
My son and I had a blast at our game. Forgot tix had to see tix agent and get comps so it was an upgrade cuz the comps get us to the club level for better food and they don't cut drinks off in the 8th. Cats lose but still big fun. Brett Butler former big leaguer is Reno's manager so we had fun with him in the 3b coaches box. We also got to jaw a little post game as he was leaving the concourse. Nice guy doing good in Reno great player back when too. :)