Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hacksaw

Giants seem like a team that dirty hippies would root for. Therefore I shall be rooting for the Texas Rangers this Wednesday.

MY CRYSTAL BALL IS TELLING ME: Cliff Lee will dominate that short little dweeb Lincecum. Count on it!

.Walt

MY CRYSTAL BALL IS TELLING ME: Cliff Lee will dominate that short little dweeb Lincecum. Count on it!

Cliff Lee is undefeated in the postseason. I'd put my money on the guy who hasn't lost. But, if any pitcher can match him it's Timmy. Should be a good one no doubt.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

walterfredo

money.

Viva Gigantes!

Paulie_Walnuts

Giants don't score many runs. Cliff Lee is The Man!

Do you guys know anything about baseball........???  ;D

Wow - did anyone see that coming in Game 1?
Paulie W

TheBigChicken

QuoteGiants seem like a team that dirty hippies would root for. Therefore I shall be rooting for the Texas Rangers this Wednesday.

What is your crystal ball telling you this morning ?
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Ruckus

It was nice to get back on the couch and watch some World Series Ball last night.  Ahh the jokes my south side Chi friends used to tell about Juan Uribe.  Ohh how hated Aubrey Huff was when he left B'more.

I truly am indifferent as to the eventual victor because I would have rooted for either team had the other not made it.  

BUT, since Huff decided to drop a deuce on B'more while playing here, let's go Rangers!  Ya know, no one wanted you then and the Orioles offered you the most money.  If you wanted nightlife, hot women, and intelligent people, Baltimore is not the right city for you and ya should have gone somewhere else.

Kung Fu Panda needs to start DHing sooner than later ;D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

walterfredo

The Panda has been absolutely awful in the field and at bat this year, especially toward the end of the season, where a little leaguer could have struck him out...he was swinging at absolutely everything.  I was so happy to see him yanked from the lineup.  Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play the entire series, sans perhaps a couple pinch hit at bats, or like you say...DH'ing in Texas.

Boooh on the Rangers.  If you really are indifferent, pull for the Giants for no other reason that to put a frown on Dubya's ugly mug.  

pawpaw

QuoteGiants seem like a team that dirty hippies would root for. Therefore I shall be rooting for the Texas Rangers this Wednesday.

What is your crystal ball telling you this morning ?

To quote you, hacksaw...

lol. fail.

That was a fun game! The 6-run bottom of the 5th was pretty flukey for this Giants team, but holding the Rangers to just 2 runs through a rough, first 2 innings and then coming back to tie it up was exactly what I expected (the rest of the game...totally unexpected  ;D). This Giants team is dependable to limit damage through pitching, and then scrap for runs to make it close and get wins. I think all those runs in the 5th were with 2 outs too! It was also great to see Ishikawa and Schierholtz get hits and contribute to the 3-run 8th.

How bad did Vlad look in right field?!  ;D I think he honestly hurt them more than benefited them last night. The AT&T right field is HUGE, and Vlad was fumbling what should have been easy plays. He had like 2 or 3 errors, which probably led to at least that many runs. I was lovin' it...seeing Cliff Lee and Vlad look all shook up.

I'm so fuckin' pumped right now! If Matt Cain pitches tonight like he did for his last start, watch out.  8-)
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Ruckus

I couldn't agree with you more about Vlad in right field.  We see this all the time in the series but it usually ends up the AL team hiding their DH at 1st or LF and not like the huge RF that you guys have.  It's tough to watch him lumber around like that.

I know I'm really going on a limb here but I'd like to think last night was an anomaly and we got some 2-1, 2-0, 1-0 ballgames in the near future.  It was what I was expecting and I wanna see some late inning managerial work be overanalyzed NOW! ;D

walterfredo

How bad did Vlad look in right field?!

absolutely horrible.  Is he usually their DH?

Ruckus

QuoteThe Panda has been absolutely awful in the field and at bat this year, especially toward the end of the season, where a little leaguer could have struck him out...he was swinging at absolutely everything.  I was so happy to see him yanked from the lineup.  Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play the entire series, sans perhaps a couple pinch hit at bats, or like you say...DH'ing in Texas.

[highlight]Boooh on the Rangers.  If you really are indifferent, pull for the Giants for no other reason that to put a frown on Dubya's ugly mug.[/highlight]  
Ya make a strong point there.  Huff was such an ass here.  You can't make fun of the fan base that are paying your guaranteed salary while you still have years left on your contract.  If you wanna call 'em out for not showing up...eh, ok.  But to attack the city's people in general...not cool.

Ruckus

yes

pawpaw

QuoteThe Panda has been absolutely awful in the field and at bat this year, especially toward the end of the season, where a little leaguer could have struck him out...he was swinging at absolutely everything.  I was so happy to see him yanked from the lineup.  Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play the entire series, sans perhaps a couple pinch hit at bats, or like you say...DH'ing in Texas.

[highlight]Boooh on the Rangers.  If you really are indifferent, pull for the Giants for no other reason that to put a frown on Dubya's ugly mug.[/highlight]  
Ya make a strong point there.  Huff was such an ass here.  You can't make fun of the fan base that are paying your guaranteed salary while you still have years left on your contract.  If you wanna call 'em out for not showing up...eh, ok.  But to attack the city's people in general...not cool.

I actually like the Rangers as a team, and really like (former A's 3rd base coach) Ron Washington as their manager and Bengie as their catcher. If it was any other NL team than the Giants, I'd probably be goin' for Texas.

And Huff is totally an ass, but he's OUR ASS. GO GIANTS!!!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Taterbug

I'm pullin for the Giants simply because of the Ex- White-Sox factor with Aaron Rowand & Juan Uribe.  I'm not really a fan of anything Texas  ;) except for Stevie Ray Vaughn ,ZZ Top, Hillary & Haylie Duff and I can't forget Davey Crockett.  Just kiddin. Texas has produced a shit ton of good things.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

TheBigChicken

I actually like the Rangers as a team, and really like (former A's 3rd base coach) Ron Washington as their manager and Bengie as their catcher. If it was any other NL team than the Giants, I'd probably be goin' for Texas.

And Huff is totally an ass, but he's OUR ASS. GO GIANTS!!!
Huff was our ASS first as a Devil Ray...too bad he seems like a likable guy when he's on the radio down here....you never really know about these guys....Bbill, I was a BIG Barry Zito fan....WHAT IN THE HELL HAPPENED TO THAT GUY WHEN HE CROSSED THE OAKLAND BRIDGE INTO SF ?
GO GIANTS !!!!!!!!!!!!
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

.Walt

yes

He's a defensive liability for sure, but to his defense, he's only played maybe 15 games in the OF in two seasons. He looks so stiff, even when he's stepping in and out of the batters box.

.Walt

This is the first time I've heard that Huff is an ass. What did he actually say about Baltimore or Tampa? And he's a jerk in San Fran too? I never really followed him, but I'm starting to dislike him now.

walterfredo

QuoteI was a BIG Barry Zito fan....WHAT IN THE HELL HAPPENED TO THAT GUY WHEN HE CROSSED THE OAKLAND BRIDGE INTO SF ?
GO GIANTS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get me started about Zito, I wish the Giants could send back to the east bay.  He's the highest paid player on the entire roster, and they didn't even put him on the postseason roster...because he's terrible.  He's got one decent pitch (on occasion), his curveball, which everyone's been crushing.  I personally saw him pitch in 3 games this year, I was hoping someone would bust a tanya harding on him.  

And no, Huff doesn't have a bad rep in SF.  I had no idea he did in other cities, what's the scoop on that?

walterfredo

damn, nobody wants to talk baseball  :).

Randomly, my buddy in SF was watching yesterdays game at a local bar.  A couple hours after the game he said Aubrey Huff and Pat Burrell came into the bar...he bought them beers.  He said Huff was super nice and friendly, and Burrel was a prick.  

...and for a good laugh, seriously scope out the link I posted above.