Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

Quotehttp://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/_They_re_Smoking_Weed__Dallas-Fort_Worth-105903773.html

;D I need to move to San Fran!

I heard that everytime a Gaints player hits a homerun people at certain dispensaries get free weed. Did I say I should move to the Bay yet?  
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

Quotedamn, nobody wants to talk baseball  :).

Randomly, my buddy in SF was watching yesterdays game at a local bar.  A couple hours after the game he said Aubrey Huff and Pat Burrell came into the bar...he bought them beers.  He said Huff was super nice and friendly, and Burrel was a prick.  

...and for a good laugh, seriously scope out the link I posted above.  

Oh no! Pat the Bat drinking?!!! I remember the last time he drank.

That's sweet your buddy met Huff and The Bat. That's cool! I bet the bars would have been fun to at with all the action going on. Congrats on game 2. Thinking sweep yet?

walterfredo

The allow ins/outs during regular season games out the left field exit, right by where the boats are docked. I pretty much always bring a little sumpin and take my own 7th inning stretch, and I'm never the only one out there....happens to be right by where this reporter is standing.  Gots to love the bay.  

.Walt

QuoteThe allow ins/outs during regular season games out the left field exit, right by where the boats are docked. I pretty much always bring a little sumpin and take my own 7th inning stretch, and I'm never the only one out there....happens to be right by where this reporter is standing.  Gots to love the bay.  

Didn't a A's fan a couple years ago get caught on camera hitting tree...yeah, gotta love the bay!  ;D 8-)

walterfredo

not sure about A's fans, but I wouldn't doubt it.  It is Oaksterdam after all!  Candlestick is pretty much the same thing at 49ers games, it's a free for all inside there.  

Not gonna call a sweep yet, we need to get at least 1 game in TX and I'll be feeling a lot more at ease.  

Ruckus

As for the Huff stuff, I'm sure he's a solid guy.  Here in B'more, the the people in general have a huge inferiority complex and get hyper defensive of the city because it is not DC or Philly.  All the local radio stations made a big to do about nothing when Huff went on satellite radio and called Baltimore a "horseshit" town referring to it's lack of nightlife.  It was taken out of context for the most part and people wanted to run him out of town.  He started getting booed.  My thing is, I agree with him, bars close at 2 here and there is a pronounced shortage of talent here as well.  But, you just can't say that about the city you play in period.  He was talking about the laws but the fans immediately took it personally.  

Great game last night and I'm glad that we are looking at a series now.  Mitch Moreland's brilliant at bat saved the Rangers season.  Except for that at bat, Sanchez was his usual effectively wild self.  First time I watched Colby Lewis pitch an entire game instead of bits and pieces and I was impressed.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

pawpaw

:-X

(:D)

Did you guys see Huff pump his fist and roar "Baltimore SUCKS!!!" as he was rounding first after he hit that home run last night? That was awesome.

Bumgarner was fucking awesome. I am so proud of this team.

It sucks being at work today.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

.Walt

I like how this young team is doing something that Bonds and Kent couldn't do. It feels so right!

TheBigChicken

QuoteI like how this young team is doing something that Bonds and Kent couldn't do. It feels so right!
I second that my man ! :)
GO GIANTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ps--bbill, are you gonna light Sac-Town on FIRE if your boys finish tonight ? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
too bad you can put Will Clark on that list as well :-[ :-[ :-[
love me some Will Clark !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-*
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

pawpaw

QuoteI like how this young team is doing something that Bonds and Kent couldn't do. It feels so right!
I second that my man ! :)
GO GIANTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ps--bbill, are you gonna light Sac-Town on FIRE if your boys finish tonight ? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
too bad you can put Will Clark on that list as well :-[ :-[ :-[
love me some Will Clark !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-*

I'm not going to make any predictions on when this Series is going to end...I'm still nervous as hell, to tell you the truth. And I will definitely not be out raging! ;D I'll be at home with my babies, takin' it easy, but if the Giants win this thing I'll be one happy SOB.

Ruckus

Did you guys see Huff pump his fist and roar "Baltimore SUCKS!!!" as he was rounding first after he hit that home run last night? That was awesome.

That was my favorite part of the series so far.  He enunciated sooooo well that you only required basic lip reading skills.

C'mon Rangers.  I would hate for this to end already.  

walterfredo

Shots of Makers all around! Woooooo-Hoooooo

ALady

Hell yes, Giants!  I enjoy your logo and your beautiful city!

When I was out in San Francisco last week I stayed with a friend who works at AT&T Park.  He has a life-size cutout of Tim Lincecum in his bedroom...and an enormous bong   ;D  Gotta love California  ;D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

TheBigChicken

the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Haldon

YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

pawpaw

I can't stop thinking about it all. I was laying awake in bed last night, thinking about the Giants catching and passing the Padres in September, and then the run through the post season. The game 2 start for Cain, the game 4 start for Bumgarner and Lincecum's start last night were all brilliant. Those guys absolutely crippled the Ranger's bats. Fuckin' amazing, especially considering how high the Rangers were riding after the ALCS.

And the Giants had all the breaks too, while it seemed like the Rangers couldn't catch one. When Ian Kinsler hit that ball off the inside-top corner of the AT&T outfield wall in game 2 and it bounced back in for a double, I just felt like this was the Giants time, this Series. That one break, and it ended up not even being a critical point in the game, but it told me that the luck was with us, or whatever you want to call it. And from there, we just rolled.

I just wish I had the day off to catch up with friends. There are a lot of really happy people out here in Northern California today. Election Day, 2010, Giants bring the trophy home to San Francisco.  8-)

capt. scotty

Congrats walfredo and bbill!! Admittedly I was watching MNF moreso than the WS last night, but everytime I flipped back Lince looked dominant. Who knows what Lee was thinking during that Renteria AB, but damn that dude is clutch and deserving of the MVP.

I wouldve liked a closer, more competitive series as IIRC none of the games were really nailbiters at the end even, but gotta love a team like the Gigantes winning it over NYY and all the other big spenders.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

QuoteCongrats walfredo and bbill!! Admittedly I was watching MNF moreso than the WS last night, but everytime I flipped back Lince looked dominant. Who knows what Lee was thinking during that Renteria AB, but damn that dude is clutch and deserving of the MVP.

I wouldve liked a closer, more competitive series as IIRC none of the games were really nailbiters at the end even, but gotta love a team like the Gigantes winning it over NYY and all the other big spenders.
Just wanted to second what Cap said.
Congrats to BBill, Fredo, and don't forget Ms. Y!  It's great to see homegrown talent do the brunt of the work and even better to see Mr. Bush lose.

walterfredo

pawpaw