Foodies Unite!

Started by talleshortz, Nov 21, 2009, 10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

Quote from: ALady on Sep 20, 2011, 02:32 PM
Quote from: iLikeBeer on Sep 20, 2011, 02:07 PM
I have to say, this guy's sausage is to die for!  He's since given me more samples and I told him I would pay for his continued provision of his hot pepper sausage!   :D

Been there, my friend.  Been there.

ILB had way too much to say about his friend's sausage.

Hmm, I was SURE mjk would be the first to go there.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

mjk73

Quote from: Crispy on Sep 20, 2011, 02:54 PM
Quote from: ALady on Sep 20, 2011, 02:32 PM
Quote from: iLikeBeer on Sep 20, 2011, 02:07 PM
I have to say, this guy's sausage is to die for!  He's since given me more samples and I told him I would pay for his continued provision of his hot pepper sausage!   :D

Been there, my friend.  Been there.

ILB had way too much to say about his friend's sausage.

Hmm, I was SURE mjk would be the first to go there.
I took the high road as I was too busy laughing. I left all the filth...erm glory I mean to someone else this time. I cannot possible be the only depraved one on this board.

Tater- After Jimmy Dean's sausage, did you feel like a root beer dispenser? Mine has no filler, MSG, chemicals, funk, man gravy, or lord knows what else get dumped into the industrial sized stuffers. Just meat, salt, pepper, garlic, and mustard seed.

iLikeBeer

Yeah.  I left that out there like a hanging breaking ball didn't I???  ;D

Jane

I went to Golden West Cafe in Baltimore last week. I finally got their Frito Pie. I got it with black beans and chorizo....perfect combination. it's a huge serving so I split it with my friend. I hate how i can't eat it fast enough before the fritos get soggy.

Also in Baltimore, I went to Bagby's Pizza in Harbor East. it was ok, it's kind of like Iggies in Mt. Vernon but not as good. their crust is more crackery as opposed to doughey, The one thing i did like was they had Dogfish Head punkin beer.

Ruckus

Quote from: Jane on Sep 21, 2011, 08:13 AM
I went to Golden West Cafe in Baltimore last week. I finally got their Frito Pie. I got it with black beans and chorizo....perfect combination. it's a huge serving so I split it with my friend. I hate how i can't eat it fast enough before the fritos get soggy.

Also in Baltimore, I went to Bagby's Pizza in Harbor East. it was ok, it's kind of like Iggies in Mt. Vernon but not as good. their crust is more crackery as opposed to doughey, The one thing i did like was they had Dogfish Head punkin beer.
Yeah I live right near Golden West.  Actually, Dead Confederate is playing there tonight doing some Neil Young.  I'm not the biggest fan of Golden West but boy do they have a loyal following.  People swear by that place.  I'm also not overly enamored by Bagby's Pizza either.  I'm a bigger fan of Iggie's for their innovative toppings and oddly addictive chewier crust.  I'd still have to vouch for Joe Squared as my favorite city pizza.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Penny Lane

Quote from: Jane on Sep 21, 2011, 08:13 AM
I went to Golden West Cafe in Baltimore last week. I finally got their Frito Pie.

Frito Pie! Wow...I saw that at Fox Bros BBQ in ATL but was too intimidated to order it. Someday...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjk73

Frito Pie is on the menu at Pappy's here in StL. It's fantastic.

ophidiophobia

I made a carmel apple cheesecake tonight for a dinner with my new "friend" (I have commitment issues) tomorrow. I hope it taste well; I think it looks pretty good. It pasted my new friend's inspection, at least.

Jane

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 21, 2011, 09:07 AM
  I'd still have to vouch for Joe Squared as my favorite city pizza.

ahh, not a big fan of their crust! i think it's kind of crackery. i like a chewier crust. if you're ever in HdG and you're not stopping in to Laurrapin Grill to grab a bite, get a slice from La Cucina up the street. it's pretty good! I'm actually going ot Laurrapin tonight. it's steak night and half price wine. I'm more concerned about the latter.

i know what you mean about Golden West. Sometimes i feel like I'm not cool enough to be there. I've been in that area a lot the past month or so becuase I've been going to Sinai to the Kreiger Eye Institue. but it also leaves me in the area of Mrs. Shirleys. LOVE their chicken and waffles but this past week I had their pumpkin cheesecake french toast. STFU so good!

the_wizzard

Quote from: woodnymph on Sep 18, 2011, 11:26 AM
Quote from: the_wizzard on Aug 26, 2011, 11:22 PM
Most delish dinner tonight, courtesy of the reader contributed recipes in Sunset.  Black pepper tofu and green beans (which we have a plethera). 

Which made me think, would y'all be annoyed if I started a veggie foodies' thread?  I don't want it to be a place for bashing the diets of our lovely non-vegetarian forum members.  But a great place for anyone to find a nice veggie alternative, perhaps a side dish or maybe some of you participate in Meatless Monday. Or for us who don't eat meat, a place to share our favorite meals.  Would you contribute your fav veggie dishes, whether you are vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian, omnivore or other?

OH MY GOD WIZZARD!!!  PLEASE DO!!!  That would be so fantastic!!  I wouldn't feel like I was too in the way in a thread like that!!!  I can't believe I didn't see this suggestion til now, sorry to not back you up for so long!  I think it would be a great idea though, I was just coming on here to post about my creamy butternut squash soup I made last night!  Definitely go for it!!!  :D
Fantastic!  I thought for a moment that I heard crickets around here when I first posted this  ;D

It may just be you and me girl, but let the veggie discussion commence!

Ruckus

I love you Truffle Oil and Truffle Salt :o
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

lucylew

True story!  They each have their time and place.  Me loves truffle salt the most though...

Jane

It's persimmon season. my mom's tree is producing like crazy!

ALady

I miss you, Tartine.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

mjk73

Made a large batch of liege style Belgian Waffles. Fanfuckingtastic if I do say so myself.

weeniebeenie

I had my first Reuben sandwich today. Good Lord!
I wish they were more popular in Australia.
How loud can silence get?

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: weeniebeenie on Dec 02, 2011, 03:01 AM

Wow, really?
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

mjk73

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Dec 02, 2011, 06:33 AM

Wow, really?
Tis one of my favorites. Depending on who you believe, it was invented in Omaha so I grew up on these. What's not to love about corned beef, 1000 Island, KRAUT, swiss, and marble rye.

weeniebeenie

Quote from: mjk73 on Dec 02, 2011, 10:49 AM

Wow, really?
Tis one of my favorites. Depending on who you believe, it was invented in Omaha so I grew up on these. What's not to love about corned beef, 1000 Island, KRAUT, swiss, and marble rye.
I hadn't even heard of them until I saw one on Man Vs Food. I think it's something I could get very addicted to.
How loud can silence get?

mjk73

Quote from: weeniebeenie on Dec 03, 2011, 05:17 AM
Quote from: mjk73 on Dec 02, 2011, 10:49 AM

Wow, really?
I hadn't even heard of them until I saw one on Man Vs Food. I think it's something I could get very addicted to.
It's so simple and so good. Everyone should have it in their lives.